FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ONE DAY SALE.. LAX-LHR $860 each way BUSINESS CLASS! + fees, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1289291-one-day-sale-lax-lhr-860-each-way-business-class-fees-etc.html)

RTW4 Dec 9, 2011 4:51 am

ONE DAY SALE.. LAX-LHR $860 each way BUSINESS CLASS! + fees, etc.

One day business class LAX ( and other cities ) to LHR in business class.. Books in I so upgradable with VIP or miles.. Although BA has same sale the BA ticket NOT upgradable with VIP or miles. ( books into I on BA as well)...

nrr Dec 9, 2011 5:08 am

Originally Posted by RTW4 (Post 17594502)
One day business class LAX ( and other cities ) to LHR in business class.. Books in I so upgradable with VIP or miles.. Although BA has same sale the BA ticket NOT upgradable with VIP or miles. ( books into I on BA as well)...

aa has a $860 sale listed (based on my NYC home base), but any contortions I try, has low ball pricing for business special or deep discount economy, but much much higher prices for the return. [bc special $547 outbound, deep disc. ec $59]. The economy class issue is being discussed in another thread.

ESpen36 Dec 9, 2011 5:40 am

Date range? How far into 2012 is travel permitted? Minimum stay?

bernardd Dec 9, 2011 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 17594627)
Date range? How far into 2012 is travel permitted? Minimum stay?

All the TATL airlines are running this 2-day sale (8-9 Decmber), and they all seem to have "all travel must be completed by January 8th". I haven't seen any minimum stay requirement.

Shawn02139 Dec 9, 2011 7:33 am

according to expertflyer,from boston

depart 12/20 or later
return before jan 5
no minimum stay

but sounds like the fare will be pulled today so i guess 11 day sadvance purchase required.

$500 change fee, look slike also refundable with $500 penalty?

bernardd Dec 9, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Shawn02139 (Post 17595118)
return before jan 5

<< snip >>

sounds like the fare will be pulled today

I may be wrong but I thought January 5th was the last date for the outbound?

I don't think it's really that the fare will be pulled, more that this was a very short (2 day) sale, possibly triggered by BA, and presumably to unload excess Business class capacity over the quiet Christmas & New Year period. FYI BA also ran an even more generous deal in the other direction a week or so ago - that was billed as two seats for UKL 2012, so an average of about $1,600 a seat.

Spock Seat Dec 9, 2011 7:56 am

I can't find a return either. If I book in O (unlikely, I'll take I), taxes and fees double the fare. lol

Spock Seat.

PHL Dec 9, 2011 8:48 am

I'd love to get a quick 17K EQM's to get to Platinum, and PHL-DFW-LHR-DFW-PHL would do it with the 50% bonus on the business class fare. But the DFW-LHR segments alone are $536 outbound, $1183 return and $292 in taxes, putting the total TATL segment over $2K all in. That's before buying the PHL-DFW that I would need to get me over the 17K requirement. Oh well, I'll be falling back to Gold next year.

bernardd Dec 9, 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 17595589)
putting the total TATL segment over $2K all in.

Sounds right - it's advertised as a $2012 sale which is pretty good for DFW-LHR.

TonySCV Dec 9, 2011 8:55 am

Keep in mind gang the EUR11 bonus applies to this as well if you fly before end of year. 25,000 RDM bonus minimum!

Not to mention if you're a CA resident the DEQM promo as well.

1/4MM@20 Dec 9, 2011 9:07 am

I manged to grab one of these in the other direction. Again, it was a match of BA's fare of GBP1000 for r/t business.

BA's fare would not allow upgrades but AA's books into I class so no problem upgrading with SWU.

So LHR-LAX-LHR in F for GBP1000 and 2 SWUs - great way to requalify for EXP!

g1ant Dec 9, 2011 9:21 am

So if I book this using AA/BA 6153 DFW-LHR on BA metal, I can use an eVIP to upgrade to F ?? That sounds pretty good to me.

1/4MM@20 Dec 9, 2011 9:48 am

Originally Posted by g1ant (Post 17595812)
So if I book this using AA/BA 6153 DFW-LHR on BA metal, I can use an eVIP to upgrade to F ?? That sounds pretty good to me.

No - needs to be on AA metal for the SWU. Still a good deal for F on AA metal in my opinion.

LRD Dec 9, 2011 9:54 am

If you're returning from the UK before NYE, you might want to check-out 48D1AN - worth about $86 on some sample bookings I just made.

laxconnorw Dec 9, 2011 10:28 am

There is a $137 LAX/LHR (coach) fare on DEC 31.
If you use a SWU, WOW!
Even with the asanine EURO tax applied, a bargain.