Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA and OpenSkies / EC codeshare (now part of TATL JBV; joining oneworld Dec 1 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

American Airlines and OpenSkies began a codeshare agreement in late 2011.

OpenSkies became part of the AA/BA/IB joint business venture on January 1, 2012.

OpenSkies became an affiliate oneworld airline on December 1, 2012.

Some additional details can be found on the AA website here and here.

-AAdvantage Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

AA and OpenSkies / EC codeshare (now part of TATL JBV; joining oneworld Dec 1 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
From 1 December, Open Skies, a BA subsidiary, are a
Oneworld affiliate, so you earn EQM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
aathx is aa metal only....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
I was just going to say it depends on the date of travel.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:48 pm

Excellent! Date of travel is Dec. 20, 2012. I'm Plat now, but with this flight and a quick mileage run roundtrip to Houston on the 30th (plus the biz travel between now and then), I'll actually make EXP. Wow--I doubt it will ever happen again.
Thanks so much Dan72, clacko, and Pucnit for replying. You guys made my night!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Dan72
From 1 December, Open Skies, a BA subsidiary, are a
Oneworld affiliate, so you earn EQM.
Originally Posted by Pucnit
I was just going to say it depends on the date of travel.
As this flight is AA marketed, OpenSkies' participation in oneworld is irrelevant to AAdvantage earn rates in this case. Before or after December 1 this flight will earn full redeemable miles, EQMs and EQPs according to the standard AA earn rates. As clacko points out, the flight will not qualify for the AATHX promo, neither before or after December 1, as it's not AA operated.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 28, 2012 at 6:07 am
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I am moving/merging this duplicate thread into the AAdvantage forum, since the question should not have been cross-posted to two forums and is more relevant to the AA or BA FFP forums. The question was originally asked here, before being asked again in MR Discusssion.

Cheers,
BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run forums

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 28, 2012 at 6:12 am Reason: Removed circular link post merge
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by HappilyTravelin
Hi everyone. I'm new at this (first post), so please have patience. I read this thread and I am still confused. I hope someone will help me out.
Originally Posted by BiziBB
I am moving/merging this duplicate thread into the AAdvantage forum, since the question should not have been cross-posted to two forums and is more relevant to the AA or BA FFP forums. The question was originally asked here, before being asked again in MR Discusssion.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, HappilyTravelin! I see that you've cross-posted your question onto two fora. This is forbidden by the FlyerTalk Rules & Guidelines. The duplicate thread has now been merged in with this thread, where the discussion should continue as needed. Good luck with your travels!

~Moderator
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Any post 12/1/12 experiences to confirm (a) EQM on non-AA coded Open Skies flights and (b) access to lounges for AA elites on a Y/PE ticket?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
Openskies par jfk

I am about to book a flight on OPENSKIES from PARIS any experiences and also having I gather from the AA page that yes we get full EQM

Have anybody taken this flight in Prem ECO or BIZ BED
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by jcelio
I am about to book a flight on OPENSKIES from PARIS any experiences and also having I gather from the AA page that yes we get full EQM

Have anybody taken this flight in Prem ECO or BIZ BED
You will earn EQMs for this flight.

--------------------

This is not the appropriate place to look for trip reports or reviews for a partner airline.
You are encouraged to check the Trip Reports forum, where you'll find some relevant reviews of the OpenSkies service.

~Moderator
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: AA BAEC FL WN US SPG Marriott Hyatt UR
Delete

Last edited by mfinn; Jan 1, 2014 at 4:22 pm Reason: Delete
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm wondering how many EQMs an Openskies Biz Seat ticket will earn, if booked as a BA flight with a fare code of T -- is it 1.0 or 1.5 times actual miles? (I think that it would earn 1.5 times if booked as an AA codeshare, which comes up with a W fare code.)

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by scoonee
I'm wondering how many EQMs an Openskies Biz Seat ticket will earn, if booked as a BA flight with a fare code of T -- is it 1.0 or 1.5 times actual miles? (I think that it would earn 1.5 times if booked as an AA codeshare, which comes up with a W fare code.)

Thanks!
https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...es/british.jsp

It earns 100% EQM, 1.5 EQP and 1.1 RDM, regardless of wh
ether it's a codeshare or not.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:52 am

Can one earn EQMs and RDMs for flying an OpenSkies marketed and operated flight?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:16 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

It's part of the joint business agreement for transatlantic travel so you should, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.