Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXEC PLAT, HH Diamond and SPG GOLD
I think it has been this way for a while. The meals are served on flights that have operate within traditional meal times.

Link: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ealService.jsp
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Non-transcon red eyes have not have meal service for as long as I have been flying AA (since 2007). Given that very few people even touch the red-eye meal on transcons, this seems like a prudent decision. Honestly a quiet cabin is what I'm going to prioritize on a sub-four hour red-eye.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:57 am

The only red eye I usually take is LAX to San Salvador and even though it leaves at midnight they always serve dinner even in coach ( AA no longer flies that route but up till last year when they did the served midnight dinner even in coach). Also last week when flying same route on earlier flight my first class meal choices were chicken or pasta. The pasta was OK but probably not even something a non domestic carrier would serve in coach. I am lifetime plat on AA so I want to keep flying them, but they seem to be in a death spiral as they keep lowering the bar.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Non-transcon red eyes have not have meal service for as long as I have been flying AA (since 2007). Given that very few people even touch the red-eye meal on transcons, this seems like a prudent decision. Honestly a quiet cabin is what I'm going to prioritize on a sub-four hour red-eye.
I agree with that as well more or less though I wish they could serve some kind of bedtime snack such as Greek Yogurt (my personal favorite), warm malted milk, etc
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Even on the red eye LAX/JFK transcons flyers rarely take the snack service. Did LAX/BNA have warm mixed nuts and the cookie?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:04 am

Thanks for all the info. My fault for not being better informed. I guess it is just hard flying domestic carriers these days
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by peterson1205
Thanks for all the info. My fault for not being better informed. I guess it is just hard flying domestic carriers these days
No its not. AA serves food in F on nearly every flight that it should be reasonably expected. The quality of its meals is (generally) good and while there have been cuts to the size of the snacks, the quality/size of lunches have been improved and the dinner windows have been expanded. Could things be better? Yes. But those changes would be costly and American flyers are very price-sensitive nowadays. But none of it qualify as as "hard."

(the San Salvador example is an international flight with different exceptions, competition's standards, and on average higher fares).
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by peterson1205
Just had a 4 hr flight from LAX to BNA (Nashville). Almost missed the flight due to a late connecting flight. I had not eaten since lunch and was looking forward to a nice meal since I had upgraded to 1st class.
I've gone ahead and merged your post into the consolidated thread discussing domestic meals. You should be able to find information in here about meal times and what to expect from other passengers' experiences, and this is also the place to post questions about upcoming flights if you're unsure and can't find the answer.

~Moderator
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by CMK10

Choice of the chicken wrap or fruit plate. For a fairly short flight in mid-afternoon, this wasn't terrible. I even ate the shredded carrots

I wonder if this photo shows the catering enhancements to the new "snacks" that AA's Twitter feed referred to several weeks ago. AA has acknowledged some changes would be coming to the snack service in response to a tweet that complained the portion size wasn't large enough.

IIRC, the wrap served on snack flights used to have just two pieces. This has 3. Also the cookie vs. chocolate square the OP referenced.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:20 am

AA 240 LAX - DCA

Brunch

A selection of breakfast breads

Entrees

Breakfast Skillet - Cream cheese & chive scrambled eggs, roasted red pepper turkey sausage, diced potato hash & smoked Gouda sauce served with fresh fruit

Seasonal fruit appetizer

Cereal and Yogurt - served with a banana and fresh seasonal berries

Light Refreshment

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Cookies
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:22 am

AA 245 DCA-LAX Dinner

Starter
Cajun-style roasted chicken breast offered on a fresh corn salad

Salad
Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables (pepper cream dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar).
Artichoke, wild mushroom & pea salad
Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees
Grilled Beef Fillet
Four Cheese Stuffed Shells

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Gourmet Cheese Plate

Light Refreshmet
Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Cookies
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by All American Flyer
I agree with that as well more or less though I wish they could serve some kind of bedtime snack such as Greek Yogurt (my personal favorite), warm malted milk, etc
Pretty sure the takers on that would be low. Count me in the scotch(s) and a cookie crowd (though I usually consume that pre-flight in the club and ambien up as I'm heading down to the gate)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sts603
Pretty sure the takers on that would be low. Count me in the scotch(s) and a cookie crowd (though I usually consume that pre-flight in the club and ambien up as I'm heading down to the gate)
+1
Greek yogurt, warm malted milk? At least you wouldn't have to worry about FEBO.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
Now I see where the "fake cheese" went when DL dumped it from its clubs after a campaign against it on FT.
A follow up.

It's worse than you think. Today I was cleaning out a tote of toiletries gathered from trips throughout the year for donation. I came across 4 blocks of the pasteurized swiss type flavor cheese food in the bin. This puzzled the living daylight out of me for a while. Then like a Scooby Doo mystery, all the pieces came together.

Months ago I ate several packs of Craisins and Carr's Water Crackers as a snack and left the cheese slices in my bag. Between trips I dumped a pile of toiletries and snack tray remains at home. The girlfriend took the shampoos, conditioners, body washes, lotions, and "soaps" and placed them in the bin.

Yep, the cheese is so unfood-like that it was mistaken for soap. A closer inspection showed no expiration date or signs of decomposition. In the interests of keeping Flyertalk an informative source of information and in a masochistic 50 Shades of Gray sort of way, I ate one of the cheese slices. It tasted no better and no worse than a typical block of fake cheese. Several hours later I suffered no known gastronomical distress.

And I would have taken over the amusement park if it wasn't for those meddling kids......
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
DFW-LAS last weekend at dinner time was:

Grilled Chicken, Rice and Oversized Lima Beans
Caesar Salad
Cheese Cake

and both minis of Glenlivet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.