Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'd imagine its the same as the DFW-HNL flights mentioned above.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I'd imagine its the same as the DFW-HNL flights mentioned above.
Correct. Entree choices on these flights rotate between fish, chicken, beef and pasta choices. Here is menu we had last time on #8 HNL-DFW dinner:

PDB - Sparkling Wine or drink of choice

To Start: Tropical Mix Nuts

Salad: Fresh seasonal Greens with asparagus and daikon radish, offered with Greek vinaigrette or spicy Asian dressing.
(Wine served during salad service)

Main Course: Teriyaki Beef Fillet glazed served with broccolini and basmati rice with ginger cilantro pesto or
Cheese Ravioli - Semolina pasta filled with four cheese, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sauteed shallots and sliced mushrooms

On today's flight we are proud to feature King's Hawaii rolls. (they always have other choices in the bread basket too)

Dessert: Ice Cream Sundae Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, strawberry or sweet coffee toppings, whipped cream and chopped walnuts. Or fruit and cheese plate. (Sundae cart offers cordials also, Brandy, etc.)

Prior to arrival: Warmed on board scones offered with fresh seasonal fruit.
(to OGG or HNL, fruit and cheese plate is offered)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
1833 MCO-DFW on 12/4

Departed right on time @ 7:10 am

PDB w/choice of water, OJ, apple, or tomato juice.

Breakfast choice of Fiesta Egg Skillet or Organic Wheat Squares cereal.
Choice of poppyseed muffin or biscuit.
Interestingly, hot towels prior to landing along w/mints.
Skillet was a bit dry-not sure if it was overlooked or too many potatoes in it, but otherwise, ok.

Great crew, who I have apparently flown with before since the purser greeted me by saying, 'I've had you before' ^
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
AA1975
RDU-ORD

Chicken wrap with shredded carrots.

Other option was a fruit plate.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:54 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Would anyone care to guess what the orangy-whitey-looking crap is? (occupying more than half of the plate?) I admit that I haven't got a clue.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
AA1975
RDU-ORD

Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Would anyone care to guess what the orangy-whitey-looking crap is? (occupying more than half of the plate?) I admit that I haven't got a clue.
Shredded carrots (post updated to include that).
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
These wraps really do look quite good but they can't fill anyone besides an anorexic model. It looks like I'll have to start bringing my own protein bars on the shorter flights
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
AA1975
RDU-ORD

Chicken wrap with shredded carrots.

Same thing for me on both "snack" flights EGE-DFW. I thought the wraps were very good. Also included hot nuts, hot towel and delicious fresh chocolate chunk cookies. FAs on both of these flights were very good. The FA serving F on DFW-EGE was fantastic and my drink was never empty.

Other flights:

DFW-DCA
DINNER
737-800

Choice of chicken or pasta (I believe cheese tortellini, perhaps). I chose the chicken and that was a mistake, next time, I'm choosing the pasta! The chicken was horrible. The sauce made it somewhat tolerable, but still nowhere near good. I was surprised, because typically the chicken on UA is actually very good, IMHO. The sides were fairly good, lima beans and spanish rice.

Side salad was good with dressing already on it.

Hot roll with butter (choice of white or wheat).

Hot towel.

Hot chocolate chunk cookie.

DCA-DFW
BREAKFAST
737-800

Choice of "special K cereal" or egg dish.

Chose the egg dish, as did everybody else around me. I actually thought it was quite weird, very dry, and stuck to the plate. This was a new egg dish to me. It included corn, black beans, eggs, potatoes and cheese. Sounded delicious -- in practice, it left a lot to be desired.

Side fruit plate with melons and a single strawberry.

Choice of biscuit (delicious) or banana nut muffin. Offered with choice of cream cheese, butter, and jams.

FAs did the initial service and then disappeared (first time I've experienced this out of many AA flights), so I know this was a one-off experience.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Same thing for me on both "snack" flights EGE-DFW. I thought the wraps were very good. Also included hot nuts, hot towel and delicious fresh chocolate chunk cookies. FAs on both of these flights were very good. The FA serving F on DFW-EGE was fantastic and my drink was never empty.

Other flights:

DFW-DCA
DINNER
737-800

Choice of chicken or pasta (I believe cheese tortellini, perhaps). I chose the chicken and that was a mistake, next time, I'm choosing the pasta! The chicken was horrible. The sauce made it somewhat tolerable, but still nowhere near good. I was surprised, because typically the chicken on UA is actually very good, IMHO. The sides were fairly good, lima beans and spanish rice.

Side salad was good with dressing already on it.

Hot roll with butter (choice of white or wheat).

Hot towel.

Hot chocolate chunk cookie.
Was it the chicken with white rice and sauce in a bowl? If it was I had it on LAX-DFW, and it was absolutely disgusting. Fortunately, my seatmate ordered the pasta and gave me it. The pasta would be pretty good if it was just all tortellini. They can ditch the "lasagna" or whatever that red sauce thing is.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:48 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what it was.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thursday December 7
AA 1279 DFW-PHX S80 1340-1525

Choice of OJ or Water as a Pre-Dep. I almost had a heart attack, haven't seen one of these in years

Nuts

Choice of the chicken wrap or fruit plate. For a fairly short flight in mid-afternoon, this wasn't terrible. I even ate the shredded carrots

Nice touch, the ORD-DCA "Snack" flight I was on recently only had a chocolate square
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Does AA actually ever serve the cheese plate on trans-con brunch flights, or is that just on the menu to look pretty? Admittedly I usually pass out after breakfast, but I've never seen one.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Does AA actually ever serve the cheese plate on trans-con brunch flights, or is that just on the menu to look pretty? Admittedly I usually pass out after breakfast, but I've never seen one.
I've had mixed experience with that. On my LAX-DCA flights they do. They pass out the cheese plate about 2/3s of the way there, and then before landing do a cookie run.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yes but only recently though. I flew LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK recently at brunch time and both times was served the cheese plate mid-flight (an hour or so before the cookies/fruit)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
Chicken wrap was good but not enough--couldn't wait for the cookie, and usually I pass on the cookie to avoid the calories, but needed it this time. Plus, the chicken wrap was not easy to eat gracefully--pick up the whole thing, try to dip it in the rammekin, which is too small, and stuff the whole thing in my mouth? Or cut it in pieces?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.