Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:48 pm

AA 2440
DFW-BOS
738 - Refurbed with Wifi
5:35PM-10:05PM (sked)
5:29PM-10:07PM (actual)
April 10, 2012
Main Cabin Buy on Board
PDB: Absorbed moisture from the air

When I got to DFW, the AAngel at the Terminal A AC told me I was #1 on the upgrade list with one seat left. At T-45, that seat went away and I was exiled to Y for the flight home. Too tired to pick up regular food, I decided to play BOB roulette to see what crimes against humanity were being inflicted on those in the back of the bus. During main cabin beverage service, the FA gladly handed over a gratis sandwich after taking a look at my boarding pass and EXP card.

First impressions were not bad. A beef brisket sandwich on a pretzel roll with lettuce, tomato, and basil mayo plus a bag of chips. I hoped this one would be decent like the last BOB sandwich I had.

Upon closer inspection, things took a turn for the worse. The sandwich was borderline edible and I suddenly regretted the decision to not get a processed "pink slime" burger before boarding. The bread was soggy on the outside but had the consistency of joint compound on the inside. A few skimpy slices of questionable beef adorned the inside along with scraps of wilted iceberg lettuce. The basil mayo looked no different than any other factory processed spread. At least the tomatoes were fresh. Although nearly tasteless, I'm certain there was enough sodium in that thing to give a rhino high blood pressure. This sad wannable sandwich is what makes baby unicorns cry.

Riding the "simple ingredients" trend, the label showed 5 ingredients. If anyone actually believes the sandwich is simple and wholesome needs a cappuccino enema to wake up and see reality.

I do not know Marcus Samuelsson personally and I'm sure he is a nice guy. However, if I ever meet him, I will ask if he was ever kicked in the head by a horse. Why else would he put his name on this monstrosity? I can't even imagine how ticked I would be if I forked over $10. At this exact moment, there is someone from AA2440 calling their credit card company demanding a chargeback.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
JFK-MIA

I was pulled off a job on Long Island NY today and needed to be in Miami ASAP. So the best and fastest was to book on AA

AA 795 JFK-MIA-STT
757 Seat 3E
Scheduled 1310 - 1604
Actual 1328 - 1556

Total flight time 2 hr and 28 minutes.

PDB - YES - Open Bar
Warm Nut
Lunch
Entrees were Hot Roast Beef Sandwhich or Chicken Salad. My inner voice told me to go for the salad, but XY chromosomes won out. Each entree was served with Hummus and pita chips, and last but not least good ole Choc chip cookie, that was served after all trays were picked up.

The MIA crew did a great job on service, even tho we left late and arrived early. The sandwhich was just OK, I should have gotten the salad. However I knew for dinner I was going to get a excellent cuban dinner so lunch wasn't all that important.

The 757 was long in the tooth, pretty ratty looking, I was under the impression that AA did or working on the refurbishing thier 757, am I wrong about this?

I have been flying US PHX-JFK on thier new A321, I'm guess I'm a little spoiled...

Sorry for no photos, was working getting ready for the disaster that was waiting for me in MIA, I will be flying MIA-PHX in the next couple of days, and looking forward to that flight.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
The quesadilla is probably my fave AA lunches. ^
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Beef Quesadilla
Originally Posted by mikelat
Had the beef quesadilla on a recent DFW-SEA flight and really enjoyed it. That seems to be one of the better AA options. Much better than their sandwiches with the bread that seems to crumble just in your hands.
We better enjoy it while we can. Next month it becomes chicken quesadillas. Guess the rising cost of commodities means the low cost option is becoming more popular.

Last edited by WChou; Apr 11, 2012 at 1:57 am
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HNL
It's been that way for ages. The same continental breakfast is also served ORD-LGA, EWR, DCA, RDU, BOS(??)
True - I was on a recent LGA-ORD morning flight and it was a choice of cereal/fruit/biscuit-bagle or .... cereal/fruit/biscuit-bagle.

No complaints here - the strawberries and blueberries over Special K are something that I actually look forward to ! Even more than the sludge ice cream !

BTW - what are everyone's thoughts on the thyme chicken with mac cheese selection making the rounds on the ORD-LGA and DFW-LGA dinner flights ?? My vote is
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by WChou
AA 2440
DFW-BOS
738 - Refurbed with Wifi
5:35PM-10:05PM (sked)
5:29PM-10:07PM (actual)
April 10, 2012
Main Cabin Buy on Board
PDB: Absorbed moisture from the air

When I got to DFW, the AAngel at the Terminal A AC told me I was #1 on the upgrade list with one seat left. At T-45, that seat went away and I was exiled to Y for the flight home. Too tired to pick up regular food, I decided to play BOB roulette to see what crimes against humanity were being inflicted on those in the back of the bus. During main cabin beverage service, the FA gladly handed over a gratis sandwich after taking a look at my boarding pass and EXP card.

First impressions were not bad. A beef brisket sandwich on a pretzel roll with lettuce, tomato, and basil mayo plus a bag of chips. I hoped this one would be decent like the last BOB sandwich I had.

Upon closer inspection, things took a turn for the worse. The sandwich was borderline edible and I suddenly regretted the decision to not get a processed "pink slime" burger before boarding. The bread was soggy on the outside but had the consistency of joint compound on the inside. A few skimpy slices of questionable beef adorned the inside along with scraps of wilted iceberg lettuce. The basil mayo looked no different than any other factory processed spread. At least the tomatoes were fresh. Although nearly tasteless, I'm certain there was enough sodium in that thing to give a rhino high blood pressure. This sad wannable sandwich is what makes baby unicorns cry.

Riding the "simple ingredients" trend, the label showed 5 ingredients. If anyone actually believes the sandwich is simple and wholesome needs a cappuccino enema to wake up and see reality.

I do not know Marcus Samuelsson personally and I'm sure he is a nice guy. However, if I ever meet him, I will ask if he was ever kicked in the head by a horse. Why else would he put his name on this monstrosity? I can't even imagine how ticked I would be if I forked over $10. At this exact moment, there is someone from AA2440 calling their credit card company demanding a chargeback.

Thanks for validating my decision not to get this on my flight a few weeks back - I'll be honest, the pretzel roll did intrigue me. No mas.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 1881
Chicago O’Hare to Seattle (ORD-SEA)
Apr 2012
First Class

Dinner

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Shrimp Cocktail
Peeled Shrimp with lemon wedge and cocktail sauce

Salad
Green Salad with cherry tomato and mushroom accompanied with creamy vinaigrette

Main Course
Stuffed Pasta Shells
Soft Pasta shells with cheese stuffing on marinara sauce with grated parmesan cheese

Sage Chicken
Sage Chicken Breast served with Cheese Cavatappi with chopped mushroom and Vegetable Medley

Dessert
Pre-Made Sundae
Vanilla Ice Cream with icy peach puree and sweet granolas

Or Cheese Plate
Fine selection of cheese and seasonal fruit
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Various
I had the Breakfast Biscuit a few weeks ago, which had a similar 'fancy' description of ingredients and had the Marcus Samuelson signature band on it like your sandwich. What a disappointment!! The sliced meat was the same low end processed crap, the spread had no chutney in it, and the supposed Biscuit was a hamburger bun. ***

Dunno if Gate Gourmet is taking AA for a ride by substituting ingredients, if they can't keep up with the supply chain, or just decided after the initial trial period it was too expensive and labor intensive to make what it says. Anyway, there is something called the Truth in Labeling act which should be reported here if this is going to be the way they're doing business. It's uncalled for...just go back to the plain cello wrapped junk and call it what you want.

*** Just checked the menu posted on the AA website. Looks like they 'updated' the description of the Breakfast Biscuit to 'Breakfast Sandwich' served on a Brioche Roll (Glorified Hamburger Bun) No mention of chutney on the list though, which was there previously.

Regardless, these new sandwiches are terrible. I've tried 3 different varieties now and it's NOT an improvement over anything but an Egg Salad Wrap, which was really scraping barrel bottom.

Last edited by Robt760; Apr 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
Regardless, these new sandwiches are terrible. I've tried 3 different varieties now and it's NOT an improvement over anything but an Egg Salad Wrap, which was really scraping barrel bottom.
Get your stomach ready for May. A chicken salad on whole wheat and pastrami on rye are on the BOB menu.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DEN-LAX
AA 3676
2:45P-4:10P (sked)
3:15P-4:25P (actual)
CR7
April 14, 2012
PDB
Snack

With virtually no DEN-SFO seats today except $1,000 UA First , it was pretty easy to convince Mrs. SFO that an LAX connection in First was better than E+ on a 9:25PM F9 nonstop. Upgrades cleared during booking yesterday. Comfortable CR7 service with unexpected 2:45PM snack service. Choice of the dreaded chicken salad or roast beef sandwich with potato salad. The RB was actually edible (unlike DL's RBS) especially washed down with a couple of G&Ts. Potato salad was quite good. Great AE service from this ORD-based cabin crew.

LAX-SFO
AA 1563
5:40P-6:55P (sked and actual)
738 BSI
Wifi
April 14, 2012
Refreshments

Not a chance of a PDB from this surly crew, and drinks/snacks from the cart. I counted one almond in the "premium" snack mix. Can we please just replace mainline FAs with Eagle FAs? @:-)

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Man your RBS looked better then mine, I would have taken that over the mess I was served.

DEN-LAX
AA 3676
2:45P-4:10P (sked)
3:15P-4:25P (actual)
CR7
April 14, 2012
PDB
Snack

With virtually no DEN-SFO seats today except $1,000 UA First , it was pretty easy to convince Mrs. SFO that an LAX connection in First was better than E+ on a 9:25PM F9 nonstop. Upgrades cleared during booking yesterday. Comfortable CR7 service with unexpected 2:45PM snack service. Choice of the dreaded chicken salad or roast beef sandwich with potato salad. The RB was actually edible (unlike DL's RBS) especially washed down with a couple of G&Ts. Potato salad was quite good. Great AE service from this ORD-based cabin crew.

LAX-SFO
AA 1563
5:40P-6:55P (sked)
738 BSI
Wifi
April 14, 2012
Refreshments

Not a chance of a PDB from this surly crew, and drinks/snacks from the cart. I counted one almond in the "premium" snack mix. Can we please just replace mainline FAs with Eagle FAs? @:-)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO-DFW
AA 488
7:10A-12:35P (sked)
7:06A-12:15P (actual)
April 17, 2012
738 BSI
Wifi
PDB
Breakfast

Pleasant and efficient service this morning. Multiple refills. Breakfast service from the cart.
New thinner napkins without the blue trim.
Choice of steel-cut oatmeal or cheese omelet with mushrooms, spinach and roasted potatoes.
Was actually pretty good and not as cheese-wizzy as my last AA breakfast.
As always, meat. would. be. nice.

Nice scenery along the ride.

Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 572
Seattle to Chicago O’Hare (SEA-ORD)
First Class
Apr 2012

Breakfast

Breads
Biscuit with Jam
Or Plain Bagel with Cream Cheese

Fruits
Side Fruit Plate
With Honeydew, Cantalope, and Strawberry

Main Course
Cheese Omelette
Cheddar Cheese filled Omelette served with chopped potatoes, mushrooms and spinach

Oatmeal
Steel Oat Grains served with Porridge form with assortments

Same as SFO777 selection as above although my omelette has alot more cheese on it
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW-YUL
AA 802
3:05P-7:30P (sked)
3:20P-7:40P (actual)
April 17, 2012
Refurbished 738
Wifi
No PDB
Snack

Clueless semi-lazy crew more intent on gossip than service.
PDB? You must be joking. Drink service began at altitude well after the Y cart was making its way thru the Y cabin.

And why do some FAs think that the nuts should be served during the SECOND round of drinks?

Choice of cold shrimp salad or chicken parm, a little light on the parm today.

And the (yuk) cranberry cookies...

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:22 pm

Clueless semi-lazy crew more intent on gossip than service.
PDB? You must be joking. Drink service began at altitude well after the Y cart was making its way thru the Y cabin.

And why do some FAs think that the nuts should be served during the SECOND round of drinks?
Seems to be the case going in and out of SFO lately. Had a similar experience a couple weeks back flying from ORD. I second your motion from the DEN-LAX-SFO post to have Eagle FAs promoted to mainline. Strange that a single Eagle FA working a 44 seat ERJ-140 on a LAX-SJC flight can do drink run, acknowledge elites, and then a quick refill pass. On a similar mainline LAX-SFO flight, a FA with 16 F pax does a single pass and straight to People magazine.

Choice of cold shrimp salad or chicken parm, a little light on the parm today.
For anyone curious about the salad option. I had this on the above mentioned ORD-SFO flight.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Seems to be the case going in and out of SFO lately. Had a similar experience a couple weeks back flying from ORD.
It's everywhere not just ORD and SFO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.