Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Well, there weren't any menus, and the choices given to me by the FAs did not include soup. Would soup have been available if I had asked?
Maybe. I think the westbound late night transcons have the exact same menu ("Midnight Raid") as the eastbound redeyes (not certain though as it's been a few years since I last flew one of these flights). For whatever reason, FAs don't seem to hand out the "Midnight Raid" menus on the redeyes as regularly as the daytime meal menus. All the redeyes usually have 2 soups loaded (which is perhaps one of the reasons they avoid handing out the menus?) - so sometimes you have to know to ask if the soup is available if you don't receive a menu.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Well, there weren't any menus, and the choices given to me by the FAs did not include soup. Would soup have been available if I had asked?
What flyerbeek said...I've had the soup offered about 2/3 of the time, but I've always picked the cold beef salad ^
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lobo411
What flyerbeek said...I've had the soup offered about 2/3 of the time, but I've always picked the cold beef salad ^
I can't say I ever saw the soup option on SFO/LAX-JFK redeyes in 2011. Haven't taken or booked any in '12. But I was OK with the beef salad each time. Just enough to allow me to sleep without a rumbling stomach.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
I can't say I ever saw the soup option on SFO/LAX-JFK redeyes in 2011. Haven't taken or booked any in '12. But I was OK with the beef salad each time. Just enough to allow me to sleep without a rumbling stomach.
It was offered on my SFO-JFK red-eye in December. Most of C was asleep, so I did not see it delivered to any of the passengers.. I opted for the salad:

Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It was offered on my SFO-JFK red-eye in December. Most of C was asleep, so I did not see it delivered to any of the passengers.. I opted for the salad:

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/Ame...FK-12211-L.jpg
http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/Ame.../IMG0114-L.jpg
Hmm. I have a SFO-JFK redeye on May 17t and a JFK-SFO on May 20th that I had booked a while back as part of a cheap SFO-JFK-MIA-LIR-MIA-RDU-JFK-SFO mileage run. But I think I'm going to cancel and cash in my travel insurance on that since the DEQM in Jan gave me plenty of EQM for '12. Haven't cancelled yet since I'm hoping for a big schedule change or better AS fares on SEA-SFO and return to position for the flights. Would be nice to have 2 nights in NYC as part of the trip,but better if I can just bail with no penalties due to schedule changes (already hit EXP without this set of flights). If I stick with it, I'll reply back on SFO-JFK and v.v. menu options.

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 27, 2012 at 1:18 pm Reason: removed [img] tags from quote post to help mobile users
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
SFO777 so why do you think AA skimps on thier transcon flights and not thier mid-con service?

Originally Posted by SFO777
So true. Hard to understand. AA is just asking for trouble as not many who sample DL, would come back... unless they need the EQMs.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Main Course
Southwest Omelette
An cheddar cheese Omelette with corn, beans, chopped onions, pepper and hash brown in a Southwest spicy sauce
Here's one of those from this weekend:

Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Dinner on the 3:30pm 767-300 JFK-SFO:

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cherry tomato and fresh basil

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Demi-Glace
Grilled fillet of beef enhanced by a shallot and caper demi-glace served with mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and red onion

Four Cheese Ravioli
Ravioli pasta filled with four cheeses accented by herbed wild mushroom cream sauce

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
Just got my upgrade to J on LAX-JFK AA #4 this Friday Can anyone tell me what the lunch choices will be on that flight?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Dinner on the 3:30pm 767-300 JFK-SFO:
Seems pretty good fro a a JFK-SFO daytime flight. Looking forward to my DFW-LGA mid-morning and return JFK-SEA afternoon in F in March (assuming upgrades clear).
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:32 am

AA 1487
BOS-ORD
738 (28 rows of Y config)
7:00AM-8:34AM (sked)
7:29AM-8:44AM (actual)
February 11, 2012
Breakfast
PDB: Open Bar!

The weather was nasty with temperatures hovering near freezing. Captain erred on the side of safety and had the wings deiced. We got off the ground late but made up some time in the air.

My lousy luck on breakfast flights has finally been broken. Choice of the cheese omelet or oatmeal. Went with the oatmeal.

Despite the relatively short service window, the FAs did individual tray service.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 695
Chicago O’Hare to Los Angeles (ORD-LAX)
Feb 2012
First Class

Dinner

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Shrimp Cocktail
Large Shrimp served with lemon wedge and cocktail sauce

Salad
Side Greek Salad with chopped tomatoes and cucumber with feta cheese and Creamy ranch dressing

Main Course
Tomato Ravioli
Stuffed Cheese Ravioli served on tomato sauce with melted grated cheese

Baked Salmon
Baked salmon strip on white sauce served along broccoli and fried white rice

Dessert
Fruit and Cheese Plate
Assorted cheese wedges with crackers and red grapes

Brownie Sundae
Rich Chocolate Brownie served with a scope of Vanilla Ice cream
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:43 pm

LAX-MIA
AA 1520
11:00 - 18:45
777-200
February 16, 2012
Lunch

First Class

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Before take-off, FAs brought by a tray with water, orange juice, 'champagne' or mimosa. Service was good throughout the flight, but nothing overly special. I liked the 777 F seat, but it sure is tired. Some of the reclining buttons were not intuitive, but an FA passing by quickly helped me take the seat out of recline mode. Swiveling into desk mode was a neat feature, but I had no legroom in it, so didn't use it. I took a nice nap on the comfortable bed.

The lunch was good. The antipasto and salad starter were nice. I wasn't sure why the salmon was served cold, but it was good. The sundae was a nice, if rather basic, dessert.

(Sorry for the poor iPad pictures. I guess it is harder than it looks to take the great pictures I see on FT)

Last edited by will2288; Feb 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
AA 695
Chicago O’Hare to Los Angeles (ORD-LAX)
Feb 2012
First Class

Dinner

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Shrimp Cocktail
Large Shrimp served with lemon wedge and cocktail sauce

Salad
Side Greek Salad with chopped tomatoes and cucumber with feta cheese and Creamy ranch dressing

Main Course
Tomato Ravioli
Stuffed Cheese Ravioli served on tomato sauce with melted grated cheese

Baked Salmon
Baked salmon strip on white sauce served along broccoli and fried white rice

Dessert
Fruit and Cheese Plate
Assorted cheese wedges with crackers and red grapes

Brownie Sundae
Rich Chocolate Brownie served with a scope of Vanilla Ice cream
Sounds like the same menu I had recently

AA 610
DFW-BOS
752 (old 22 F config)
7:15PM-11:15PM (sked)
7:26PM-11:22PM (actual)
February 15, 2012
Dinner
PDB: Unknown. I was pulled from Y right before the door closed.

Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:15 pm

MIA-BOS
AA 1580
20:25 - 23:30
757-200 (with new F seating) (call me crazy, but as I have never sat in an AA 757 with the old seats, I had hoped for the old seats)
February 16, 2012
Snack

No PDB beverage offered. They did board through 1L, but they still had a fair amount of time as we waited for some bags. The flight was 20 minutes late boarding due to a missing cabin crew. The female FA was poor, and seemed almost annoyed when I asked for some more water as she passed by.

Choice of salad or beef quesadilla. It tasted pretty good, but was not well prepared by the FA, as it was burnt/stuck to the plate.

(I was seated in 2A. For about twenty minutes towards the end of the flight, I could hear the female FA talking with the other FA in the kitchen. I couldn't hear every word, but most (and I don't hear all that well). As it was almost 11pm, this was kind of annoying. Is it me, or was she talking way too loudly if I could here all from this far away? Sometimes I can barely hear an FA when she is at my seat talking to me.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.