Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks so much for your thoughtful responses! I think that is very confusing though that there are different products based on the aircraft. I know it has to do with galley space, but the customer may not know which aircraft they are booking. When they get J on 763 or 75L flights, they expect the same style and pattern on 772 flights. Shame on AA for playing the game of different service on aircraft with F. Pax should not have to figure that out for themselves.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:48 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks so much for your thoughtful responses! I think that is very confusing though that there are different products based on the aircraft. I know it has to do with galley space, but the customer may not know which aircraft they are booking. When they get J on 763 or 75L flights, they expect the same style and pattern on 772 flights. Shame on AA for playing the game of different service on aircraft with F. Pax should not have to figure that out for themselves.
It was trade-off made years ago when AA eliminated first class on the 763s.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HNL
It was trade-off made years ago when AA eliminated first class on the 763s.
Why should customers have to suffer that trade off? The inconsistency would only drive customers who want service standards they can count on (on a US carrier) to DL or UA.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:28 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why should customers have to suffer that trade off? The inconsistency would only drive customers who want service standards they can count on (on a US carrier) to DL or UA.
Are you assuming that I am defending AA on this? All I did was state the facts with no pro or con commentary.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:37 am
Suspended

The actual meals on AA are better than UA/DL - it is really how they are delivered that varies - and that the crews tend to do it their own way based on how engaged they are. PMCO of a few years ago would be about the same as AA intl J - DL is a bit behind IMO.

Seating is another story.

And as for the consistency argument - DL currently offers six types of J seats on trans-Oceanic routes: 744 flat, 777 flat, 767 recliner, 767 flat, 757 recliner, A330 ski slope.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Various
The major flaw to this statement is this....I've heard AA say many times that on International flights with 763 and 757L (with the NGBC seats and Business Class Service) is that they offer an enhanced service beyond what one would get in 772 Business Class due to "F" not being offered in the 763/757L. In other words it's better and not worse than the 777 J service.

We shall see how this all plays out once the 772 has "F" removed, and the 773 will be the only International flights with "F" offered. As it stands, there have been a few discussions around about AA wanting to make the difference between J and F more distinguished, starting with the new amenity kits that are about to be introduced the first week of December. Seating and spaciousness TBD.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Changes in J JFK-CDG and CDG-JFK

I think my last 763 TATL in J prior to this weekend was in October, and that was to MXP, so I'm not sure whether the changes I noted on myJFK-CDG flights (763 on the outbound, 757 on the return) are specific to that route, BUT the crudites were gone, and not replaced by an alternative--only nuts now. There was a warm breakfast option (a cheese omelette), which I don't remember being offered previously.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by ESpen36
This link might be helpful. The entree rotations do not change much from year to year. Be sure you are looking at the correct month.

http://customers.lsgskychefs.com/psm/plating.html

i knoew that most meals were big on carbs and sodium but i didnt think it was that much. And most meals are fairly low on protein.

I think i''l try to stick with low-sodium/fat meals from now on.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Does anyone have any pictures of the new int'l J/F meal service?

Time to post them, folks!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

I have both from Dec. Out of town now, but will post next week. Or email them to you.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Aa49 cdg-dfw, 12/12

Here you go!

Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by chanp
I have both from Dec. Out of town now, but will post next week. Or email them to you.
Do post them when you get a chance ^

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Here you go!
Thanks! ^

The new plates, particularly the square ones, look a lot like Delta's. The presentation seems to suffer a bit as a result. It looks a lot like Delta Business Elite.

Also, salad and appetizer used to be served separately in two cabin J, but they seem to be served on one tray now, just like 3 cabin J. The service seems to be actually downgraded...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Do post them when you get a chance ^

Also, salad and appetizer used to be served separately in two cabin J, but they seem to be served on one tray now, just like 3 cabin J. The service seems to be actually downgraded...
And no more marinated cheese antipasto..! But I assume that now the meal service on intercontinental flights is more or less identical regardless of the aircraft type.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Perhaps this was 3-class J?

Also, the main entree looks smaller than before...or is that because of the big plate?

IMHO, I liked the old round plates better...I don't know, square plates just look/feel cheaper to me, and there's something classy about the older plates. All legacies now except UA use square plates on their business/first cabins internationally (AA/DL/US)... UA stil uses round plates on BF/GF.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:05 am

Does anyone know what kind of entree choices they have in First on JFK-EZE. My parents are flying in a few days and would eat the pasta (assuming no meat, just sauce/cheese/vegetables), but I'm unable to find out for them if this definitely a choice on the menu so I have meanwhile ordered vegetarian meals for them which apparently are actually vegan and don't sound very appetizing.

Can anyone clarify the menu choices for that route, or if anyone has experience with the vegan meals, how are they (be honest!!).

Also, if someone has a special meal order, does that mean that they will not get other parts of the first class meal such as salad or deserts?

Thanks for any insight into this. Happy New Year to all my fellow FT's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.