FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   finnair.com for all your OW-partner MMB / manage my booking needs? You bet! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1275187-finnair-com-all-your-ow-partner-mmb-manage-my-booking-needs-you-bet.html)

LRD Nov 1, 2011 2:13 pm

finnair.com for all your OW-partner MMB / manage my booking needs? You bet!

Finnair.com may just have the best MMB (Manage My Booking) interface for oneworld carriers.

For example, I recently redeemed almost all my remaining BA miles for a single-partner award on CX/KA. Naturally, the booking used my (no-status) BA FF number, and there's no way to change it to my AA (Emerald) number on ba.com -- I think a phone call is required to do this. But, it takes maybe 10 seconds to easily do this on finnair.com. Seat selection for the CX/KA segments? Maybe another 30 seconds -- easier and quicker than using the CX interface. Update an old home phone number that carried over from ba.com? Just a few more keystrokes.

Another example was a recently-booked OW130C, using my AA miles. Changing seats on the AY, MA, BA, and IB segments? It couldn't be easier.

As you might expect, the only thing I couldn't do on finnair.com is change seats on the AA segments.

kebosabi Nov 1, 2011 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by LRD (Post 17373403)
Finnair.com may just have the best MMB (Manage My Booking) interface for oneworld carriers.

For example, I recently redeemed almost all my remaining BA miles for a single-partner award on CX/KA. Naturally, the booking used my (no-status) BA FF number, and there's no way to change it to my AA (Emerald) number on ba.com -- I think a phone call is required to do this. But, it takes maybe 10 seconds to easily do this on finnair.com. Seat selection for the CX/KA segments? Maybe another 30 seconds -- easier and quicker than using the CX interface. Update an old home phone number that carried over from ba.com? Just a few more keystrokes.

Another example was a recently-booked OW130C, using my AA miles. Changing seats on the AY, MA, BA, and IB segments? It couldn't be easier.

As you might expect, the only thing I couldn't do on finnair.com is change seats on the AA segments.

What booking reference number do you enter in?

LRD Nov 1, 2011 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 17373474)
What booking reference number do you enter in?

The BA ref number was used in both examples.

kebosabi Nov 1, 2011 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by LRD (Post 17373488)
The BA ref number was used in both examples.

JL flights did not show up.

AustinJosh Nov 1, 2011 3:47 pm

Works for LAN

I concur! I was able to choose seats for upcoming LAN flights on Finnair.com. They even sent me a confirmation email!

jmj9905 Nov 1, 2011 4:32 pm

Can you use AA pnr? Also, does it show OW partner award availabity?

berlinflyer83 Nov 1, 2011 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905 (Post 17374161)
Can you use AA pnr? Also, does it show OW partner award availabity?

AA PNR didn't work. I also have BA flights as part of this same itinerary, with the BA PNR I can pull up the reservation and see all the flights, but can't do anything with it.

Edit: I can also see my flight details from Iberia and Qantas' web site. I guess it's not surprising, one world's electronic ticketing is all centralized, no? What makes AA special that it doesn't work with AA PNR's?

AustinJosh Nov 1, 2011 6:34 pm

Amadeus vs Sabre

Actually, AA uses Sabre (I believe...), and a bunch of other OW airlines use Amadeus. You should be able to view--and in some cases edit--Amadeus-ticketed segments on finnair.com.

I've always called AA to get my Amadeus record locator. However, I did just find this thread which states that you can use ba.com to translate your AA PNR to an Amadeus number: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...itinerary.html

kebosabi Nov 1, 2011 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by AustinJosh (Post 17374764)
Actually, AA uses Sabre (I believe...), and a bunch of other OW airlines use Amadeus.

Not all OW uses Amadeus. According to oneworld Fact Sheet:

AA: Sabre moving to HP JetStream
JL: Axess
LA: Amadeus moving to Sabre
RJ: SITA (though last time I flew on them, they started using Amadeus somewhat)
S7: SITA
IT: Sabre
MH: SITA

As such, I believe finnair.com will probably have problems showing detailed info on these OW carriers.

tuscanyx Nov 1, 2011 7:47 pm

Hmm, I can pull up my BA award reservation but can't open the seat map. I even put in my AA gold membership #. Any trick to it?

Microwave Nov 2, 2011 3:41 am

Originally Posted by tuscanyx (Post 17375094)
Hmm, I can pull up my BA award reservation but can't open the seat map. I even put in my AA gold membership #. Any trick to it?

BA permit advance seat selection for oneworld Rubies (like AA Golds) only within 7 days of departure. Perhaps you're outside that window?

HNL Nov 2, 2011 8:26 am

No love with CX PNRs or AA PNRs

mangoMan Nov 2, 2011 6:17 pm

Worked great with an AA award reservation (which includes BA segments) using the BA locator. I was able to change my wife's FF number which I couldn't do on BA.com.

aktchi Dec 14, 2012 3:50 am

Is this "Finnair trick" still working? I just booked an Avios award for a short AA domestic flight. At Finnair.com, I can see the reservation, but don't see a way to change the FF#.

The passenger details box has a ? in top right corner. Clicking on it leads to: "In the ‘passengers details’ section, you can view the full names of all passengers on your chosen booking and any Finnair Plus membership numbers and contact information given at the time of booking. You can change and update these fields by clicking on ‘update your details’."

However, I don't see any ‘update your details’ link.

Possibly relevant caveats: (1) I don't have a Finnair acct and am not logged in. (2) The reservation was just made and the status at AA.com is Unknown, not Ticketed.

TheBeerHunter Dec 14, 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 19854537)
Is this "Finnair trick" still working? I just booked an Avios award for a short AA domestic flight. At Finnair.com, I can see the reservation, but don't see a way to change the FF#.

The passenger details box has a ? in top right corner. Clicking on it leads to: "In the ‘passengers details’ section, you can view the full names of all passengers on your chosen booking and any Finnair Plus membership numbers and contact information given at the time of booking. You can change and update these fields by clicking on ‘update your details’."

However, I don't see any ‘update your details’ link.

Possibly relevant caveats: (1) I don't have a Finnair acct and am not logged in. (2) The reservation was just made and the status at AA.com is Unknown, not Ticketed.

I think your ticket status is perhaps the issue.

I just used it (thanks to your reminder) to change our FF#s on a BA award booking for myself & my husband so we could get 1A & 1K on our flights. Our ticket was booked months ago with BA though.

There is an "Update Your Details" button in the lower right of the Passenger Details section that you click on to get to the screen to change the FF#.