Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Should help qualify for elite rewards afteralll. Yay. I was going to be close.
This year's elite rewards are based on elite qualifying points (EQP), so I doubt the EQM promotion would help.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Xero
I read the terms of the promo here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

The terms say that only registration prior to travel is required, not registration prior to booking like it did on the last DEQM promo.

Does this mean that rebooking is not necessary for people with existing itineraries?
Read carefully:

Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by earny
How often does AA check accounts for the double eqm promos? Say I do a qualifying r/t the third week of December and AA doesn't check for the double eqm promo until midway January 2012. Will the double eqms post for the previous year or apply towards the 2012-2013 count?

I'm just worried that if they don't sweep the accounts before the years end, this may all be worthless towards my current milage count for status in 2012.
If you fly in 2011, they count as if they were swept in 2011, even if they don't get around to it until 2012:

From the T&C:

Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:38 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
I'm disgusted with these "targeted" offers. My money spends just as well as those with the targeted addresses, and I'd have spent it for DEQM. I just finished a platinum challenge and looked forward to maintaining it in a long and exclusive relationship with AA, but this kind of crap kills it for me. Instead of shooting for EXPLAT, I guess I'll be an ex PLAT.

Sure, AA has the right to target customers in 3 states if that's their strategy. I don't dispute that. Don't blame customers like me in the other 47 for feeling as if we've been flipped off, though.
I quite agree.

to AA.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
I hope the AA Executive office hears enough complaints that they remove the booking requirements.

I have two ORD-SFO trips in Nov which I booked 12 days ago....ARRRGH

I'm not sure rebooking and eating the change fees is worth it, although if the DEQMs hit properly it would put me over the 50K miles mark and make me PLAT...$300 is alot of change for higher status.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie:17350053
I hope the AA Executive office hears enough complaints that they remove the booking requirements.

I have two ORD-SFO trips in Nov which I booked 12 days ago....ARRRGH

I'm not sure rebooking and eating the change fees is worth it, although if the DEQMs hit properly it would put me over the 50K miles mark and make me PLAT...$300 is alot of change for higher status.
Well, they can't give everything away. I have several LAX-DFW flights booked before yesterday. I don't know if I should be complaining as this offer is already very generous. They may as well just give status away.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by phazedowt
In the same boat and thus wondering about rebooking. If it's the same fare, paying $150 to change brings me ahead in cpm.
You just need to register prior to TRAVEL not booking, but if you booked before Oct 27th...

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below."

Last edited by teemuflyer; Oct 28, 2011 at 5:35 am Reason: correction
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I wonder if one would get the DEQM and DRDM for both the DFW-LAX, LAX-ORD portions if you booked an AUS/DFW/LAX/ORD/LAX/DFW/AUS route?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:29 am

UK based

I live in the UK and it let me reqister, so nothing lost trying since I do fly LHR-ORD-SFO
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
They may as well just give status away.
I'd say that the number of people who will do enough of these to have a substantial impact on their status is few. And they're all here

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Spiff
I quite agree.

to AA.
You live in one of "those" States. Don't you know that the only States that matter are CA, IL, and TX?

Seriously, anyone who lives outside of the targeted area has every right to be ticked. On the other hand, perhaps a relocating will solve the issue.

SG
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by Xero
I read the terms of the promo here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

The terms say that only registration prior to travel is required, not registration prior to booking like it did on the last DEQM promo.

Does this mean that rebooking is not necessary for people with existing itineraries?
From your link:

Dates:
Book your trip and fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by brp
I'd say that the number of people who will do enough of these to have a substantial impact on their status is few. And they're all here

Cheers.
This is really true. It's easy for us die-harders to think that there are masses upon masses of AA FFs out there just jumping onto the airplanes for this promo.

I have a friend who is LT Gold and has been PLT for a few years now. His knowledge of these "tricks" to getting status is novice at best. He didn't even understand what DEQM was until I explained it to him. He represents the majority of FFs in the AAdvantage program.

And interestingly, Mrs. Econometrics received the offer via email but I did not. Strange.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:18 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Seriously, anyone who lives outside of the targeted area has every right to be ticked.
I disagree. OK, so I'm in on this one being in the Bay Area. But there were a number of offers for NYC-area folks. Didn't bother me. Making things a little easier for them with some promotions doesn't make things any harder for me. I still do what I do. And, no, it's not going to swell the numbers. So, why be ticked because someone else got something you didn't?

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by ckpeter
This year's elite rewards are based on elite qualifying points (EQP), so I doubt the EQM promotion would help.
Oh that's right. Well, I'll probably make it anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.