FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1273512-deq11-double-eqm-rdm-dfw-ord-lax-sfo-ord-sna-tx-il-ca-members-ext-6-30-a.html)

Fly2Where Oct 27, 2011 7:24 pm

I really want to say, I HATE DEQM.

living near shamu Oct 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where (Post 17348359)

Why?

reubergd Oct 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by phazedowt (Post 17348137)
CS Rep says no go :(

Just cancel the ticket and rebook the trip. You should get the double EQM/RDM if it is a different record locator. In 2010, I re-booked 2 trips to qualify for a DBEQM promotion. However, in one of them, the agent re-used the same old PNR and I did not get the double miles. Lesson learned: whatever you do, just make sure you get a new PNR ticket on or after October 27.

In my case, I did end up getting the double miles after I complained that I was assured I would qualify for the promotion by the agent who rebooked my trip.

Pucnit Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu (Post 17348375)
Why?

#1 the lameness of residencey requirements

#2 because the locations suck, give me even a 50% eqm promo to anywhere more interesting than DFW & LAX (anytime) and SFO in the winter

SFO777 Oct 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where (Post 17348359)

+1
SFO upgrades are hard enough without the riff-raff piling on and competing for those upgrades. ;)

Phasers Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Would the DFW-SFO segment of a DFW - SFO - SEA R/T count?

WChou Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

My friend in the Bay Area got the email and is excited. Already had 2 SFO-ORD flights planned to visit a friend. DEQM/RDM is a bonus for her. Thankfully she is a lowly GLD and won't be stealing upgrades from me.

Flyer_70 Oct 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by WChou (Post 17348993)
My friend in the Bay Area got the email and is excited. Already had 2 SFO-ORD flights planned to visit a friend. DEQM/RDM is a bonus for her. Thankfully she is a lowly GLD and won't be stealing upgrades from me.

She won't get deqm for those flights though. Is she planning a few more?

living near shamu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Just in time, AA sale on SAT-LAX fares. $84 each way is a good deal with this bonus.

Flyer_70 Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu (Post 17349060)
Just in time, AA sale on SAT-LAX fares. $84 each way is a good deal with this bonus.

That is a great deal. May have to drive down. :)

igopogo Oct 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Phasers (Post 17348884)
Would the DFW-SFO segment of a DFW - SFO - SEA R/T count?

Yes, as long as you return SFO-DFW and SFO is not a stopover on a single flight number from DFW-SEA or v.v.

Beware of this! I almost missed my status last year because I flew to SFO-FLL via DFW and didn't realize it was one flight number and not allowed. Fortunately I had in writing that it would qualify, from an agent that didn't know any better. Took a couple conversations with the executive office to make it happen, though.

Xero Oct 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by reubergd (Post 17348510)
Just cancel the ticket and rebook the trip. You should get the double EQM/RDM if it is a different record locator. In 2010, I re-booked 2 trips to qualify for a DBEQM promotion. However, in one of them, the agent re-used the same old PNR and I did not get the double miles. Lesson learned: whatever you do, just make sure you get a new PNR ticket on or after October 27.

In my case, I did end up getting the double miles after I complained that I was assured I would qualify for the promotion by the agent who rebooked my trip.

I read the terms of the promo here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

The terms say that only registration prior to travel is required, not registration prior to booking like it did on the last DEQM promo.

Does this mean that rebooking is not necessary for people with existing itineraries?

WChou Oct 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70 (Post 17349018)
She won't get deqm for those flights though. Is she planning a few more?

Planned but not booked. One trip in Jan 2012 and one trip March 2012. She has already requalified GLD for 2012 and DEQM will help her with 2013.

earny Oct 27, 2011 11:46 pm

How often does AA check accounts for the double eqm promos? Say I do a qualifying r/t the third week of December and AA doesn't check for the double eqm promo until midway January 2012. Will the double eqms post for the previous year or apply towards the 2012-2013 count?

I'm just worried that if they don't sweep the accounts before the years end, this may all be worthless towards my current milage count for status in 2012.

jeffreyt Oct 28, 2011 12:30 am

Should help qualify for elite rewards afteralll. Yay. I was going to be close.