Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by alhcfp
HOLD THE PARTY

BONUS EQM earned in 2011 WILL COUNT FOR 2012
BONUS EQM earned in 2012 WILL COUNT FOR 2013
You're overthinking it. This is how it's always written. They aren't pushing forward EQMs by a whole year, which would be very bizarre.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nall
Okay, really now, how many people do you think take advantage of these?
The percentage is open for interpretation, but there will be 10+ billion eligible revenue passenger miles flown. If we assume only 20% of those miles are flown by people who log into their AA accounts, use dealfinder or are signed up for emails from AA, there will be over 2 billion extra miles.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:00 pm

BONUS EQM earned in 2011 WILL COUNT FOR 2012
Pretty sure the last DEQM promo said that, and the EQMs were credited to the current year.

Originally Posted by F23Coupe
It's time to move!
Or rent a mailbox on your next R/T.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Does anyone think this offer is in any way good for AA?
I think Virgin America is making a dent in the Bay Area and AA needs to retain market share, even with the cuts they've made here, and there's limited ways to do that other than with low fares or mileage bonuses. They can't advertise state of the art entertainment systems or cool plane interiors and the ability to order snacks via your seat back screen. ORD and DFW are two markets Virgin America serves from SFO.

Virgin has been advertising locally (I saw a billboard off 101 in downtown San Francisco recently--can't recall the last time I saw an AA billboard), and just this week were rated pretty highly on a survey of those that use social media (lots of techies around here). Last week they had local news coverage about a new training center outside SFO and the hiring of 500 employees each year for the next couple of years. Meanwhile, AA had the Jack the Cat story on local news here. Virgin America is getting a lot of visibility around here. If AA doesn't want to lose market share they need to react.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the eqm for flights in 2011 count for status in 2012, those in 2012, count for 2013 status....
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:06 pm

Sweet! DFW-SFO R/Ts helped me maintain status this year, so nice to see the opportunity exists for next year.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Maybe they should try billboards with pictures of attractive people instead of narrow promotions targeting people who most likely already fly AA.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by mathlete
You're overthinking it. This is how it's always written. They aren't pushing forward EQMs by a whole year, which would be very bizarre.
Normally promotions to not cross Qualifying Years. They end by 12/31.

I think this means what is says. If you fly in 2011- don't count on requalifying.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I think Virgin America is making a dent in the Bay Area and AA needs to retain market share, even with the cuts they've made here, and there's limited ways to do that other than with low fares or mileage bonuses.
Then they should either use low fares or do something to improve their service, this type of promotion primarily appeals to low revenue (possibly negative margin) passengers. Virgin should not appeal to those who desire elite status or RDM, so there should be a negative correlation between passengers interested in this promotion and those likely to go to Virgin.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
No love for the East Coast. I'm sweating EXP requal this year...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha
Maybe they should try billboards with pictures of attractive people instead of narrow promotions targeting people who most likely already fly AA.
If they're losing high-revenue, frequent fliers, this would make sense.

During summer, I had GREAT luck getting upgrades on these routes.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I am a new TX resident and will have a TX drivers license in the next month but my profile still shows a former MI address. Will I be able to qualify for this?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Normally promotions to not cross Qualifying Years. They end by 12/31.

I think this means what is says. If you fly in 2011- don't count on requalifying.
Absolute nonsense. You're still drastically over-interpreting things.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by stallion114
I am a new TX resident and will have a TX drivers license in the next month but my profile still shows a former MI address. Will I be able to qualify for this?
Only if you change your address in your AAdvantage profile.

Seriously, people move all the time, so as long as you have a qualifying address in your profile, you will be fine. If you are worried, have a conversation with CS, and ask them to note the answer in your AAdvantage account.

I would, however, change my address first, then register for the promo, and then fly.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by stallion114
change your address on aa.com or by phone....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.