Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HNL
Unless you get the segments split you will not get the bonus miles. SFO-DFW-YUL will post as SFO-YUL
Not too concerned about the RDMs. FWIW, AAdvantage CS claims the system recognizes the DFW stop and I will get DEQ11 credit as if it was a separate SFO-DFW flight. Anyone buying this one?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by SFO777
Not too concerned about the RDMs. FWIW, AAdvantage CS claims the system recognizes the DFW stop and I will get DEQ11 credit as if it was a separate SFO-DFW flight. Anyone buying this one?
Hasn't in the past... Call back and get them to note you called so when you have to contact them after it doesn't post properly they will know who needs more education and you can get your bonuses (RDMs & EQMs).
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
I'm not. We had SFO-DFW-FLL during the earlier part of the promo. I called and got them to split the segments. I would doubt that, without the split, or the record note mentioned above, you will get the credit for the DFW stop.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Apr 16, 2012 at 10:23 am
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by brp
I'm not. We had SJC-DFW-FLL during the earlier part of the promo. I called and got them to split the segments. I would doubt that, without the split, or the record note mentioned above, you will get the credit for the DFW stop.

Cheers.
SJC? That isn't part of the promo from what I've read.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brp
I'm not. We had SJC-DFW-FLL during the earlier part of the promo. I called and got them to split the segments. I would doubt that, without the split, or the record note mentioned above, you will get the credit for the DFW stop. Cheers.
Kind of what I thought.
Anyway, here's the scoop, today...

Today AAdvantage CS said the system doesn't recognize the stop and the system will show a SFO-YUL nonstop. No amount of notes in the reservation is going to give me DEQ11 credit.

As brp noted, you do indeed need to split the PNR. However, make sure you do it before the upgrade window as close in like my case (tomorrow departure) you must give up your upgrade for the reissue and hope that you can get it back. Neither SFO-DFW AA802 or DFW-YUL AA802 had X inventory so there was no guarantee at this point that I would get X back. But there was X on the earlier 7:10a SFO-DFW flight so I had agent change and figured I'd take my chances on J2 cabin for DFW-YUL, plus 15D was open. In the end, the DFW-YUL upgrade cleared back immediately. So now I have a regular connection and no (mandatory get off the plane in DFW anyway) thru flight.

Thanks all.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
SJC? That isn't part of the promo from what I've read.
It wasn't. The flight was SFO-DFW-FLL. I'm so used to flying our of SJC (far and away a preferred airport for us over SFO) that I spaced it in the posting. Fixed now.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
It wasn't. The flight was SFO-DFW-FLL. I'm so used to flying our of SJC (far and away a preferred airport for us over SFO) that I spaced it in the posting. Fixed now.

Cheers.
Not a problem. I didn't want to see dozens of posts saying they didn't get credit for SJC flights...

I use to work on a product called SFD. Many times I didn't catch the error until the fare came back several hundreds more than I was expecting!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:49 am

When does your address have to be one which would allow you to get this bonus?

I can easily change my address to a Chicago address. But did it need to a be a Chicago address when I sign up for the promo code, when I purchase the flight, or is it just when the sweep occurs?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenban
When does your address have to be one which would allow you to get this bonus?

I can easily change my address to a Chicago address. But did it need to a be a Chicago address when I sign up for the promo code, when I purchase the flight, or is it just when the sweep occurs?
My guess would be when they do the sweep. AA IT has a tough enough time as it is, I can't see them going through a change log to check what was set at the time of booking or signing up.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AAdvantge; AmEx Plat; SPG; Hilton HHonors
Given what y'all are explaining with splitting the PNRs for the SFO>YUL flights, I'm asking pretty much an identical question:

Since my flights are booked AUS>SFO, but route through DFW both ways, do I need to split them somehow so that instead of AUS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS it becomes AUS>DFW>SFO, SFO>DFW>AUS?

Additionally, I have a few more complex runs (to include BOSEQ), as below:
AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS
Please note that was booked as an AUS>BOS>SFO>AUS run, I just got the connections to be DFW all across . Doing that twice, so some info would be great to ensure I pull all of my EQMs/RDMs as needed. Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by elechrisity
Given what y'all are explaining with splitting the PNRs for the SFO>YUL flights, I'm asking pretty much an identical question:

Since my flights are booked AUS>SFO, but route through DFW both ways, do I need to split them somehow so that instead of AUS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS it becomes AUS>DFW>SFO, SFO>DFW>AUS?

Additionally, I have a few more complex runs (to include BOSEQ), as below:
AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS
Please note that was booked as an AUS>BOS>SFO>AUS run, I just got the connections to be DFW all across . Doing that twice, so some info would be great to ensure I pull all of my EQMs/RDMs as needed. Thanks.
No, the only time you need to split a PNR is if you have a through flight number that goes on the DEQ11 qualifying segment. In this case, a SFO-DFW-YUL flight has the same number the entire way. The AA system does not count this as SFO-DFW-YUL, only as SFO-YUL as though it were a nonstop. The system then won't view this as a SFO-DFW flight, and will not credit DEQ11 for it. Your flights should be fine, as long as there are no direct (same flight number) consecutive segments in it.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
No, the only time you need to split a PNR is if you have a through flight number that goes on the DEQ11 qualifying segment. In this case, a SFO-DFW-YUL flight has the same number the entire way. The AA system does not count this as SFO-DFW-YUL, only as SFO-YUL as though it were a nonstop. The system then won't view this as a SFO-DFW flight, and will not credit DEQ11 for it. Your flights should be fine, as long as there are no direct (same flight number) consecutive segments in it.
Perfect explanation! My segments all have their own flight numbers, so that means I'm in the clear. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by elechrisity
Perfect explanation! My segments all have their own flight numbers, so that means I'm in the clear. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
You're welcome, and good luck!

For your AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS, did you book it as one ticket? Just make sure the DFW-BOS and BOS-DFW segments are on the same ticket as each other. Likewise for DFW-SFO and SFO-DFW. If all are on one ticket, that should work as well. Just make sure none of them are split up.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You're welcome, and good luck!

For your AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS, did you book it as one ticket? Just make sure the DFW-BOS and BOS-DFW segments are on the same ticket as each other. Likewise for DFW-SFO and SFO-DFW. If all are on one ticket, that should work as well. Just make sure none of them are split up.
Yeah, it's one massive reservation. Exactly 25 hours for travel from 9:20 Saturday till 10:20 Sunday. Bet it turns out longer than that though .
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:18 pm

ORD-SNA

Checking again... Did anyone get the ORD-SNA sweep last night from the first few weeks (Travel dates March 9 - March 27)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.