Exit row availablilty if I'm just 150 miles short of Gold

Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Exit row availablilty if I'm just 150 miles short of Gold

I am 150 miles until I get Gold. I have a flight booked LAX-SFO in November. On the first leg, I'll pass the threshold for Gold. I'd love to reserve an exit row for both segments. Do you think if I call the AA desk that they'd move me to an exit row, or do I have to wait until I do the first leg, call AA and then try to get one for the return trip?

Thank you in advance for your help. It's due to this forum that I've gotten status this year!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX_Tall_Flyer
I am 150 miles until I get Gold. I have a flight booked LAX-SFO in November. On the first leg, I'll pass the threshold for Gold. I'd love to reserve an exit row for both segments. Do you think if I call the AA desk that they'd move me to an exit row, or do I have to wait until I do the first leg, call AA and then try to get one for the return trip?

Thank you in advance for your help. It's due to this forum that I've gotten status this year!
Wait until you get Gold, then call.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Are you suggesting they give you an exit row seat when 150 miles short of Gold, and deprive someone with Real elite status or a someone with a full fare ticket or Aanytime award, from obtaining the seat?
Wait just over 24 hours before the flight, then call.
If there are no seats at that point, then they went to the people who are supposed to sit there.

Last edited by mvoight; Oct 25, 2011 at 2:20 am
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:11 am

Welcome to FT!

I think the other posters here are correct.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton

1) Call AAdvantage Customer Service and see if they will manually comp the GLD status since you are so close, and have qualifying flights booked. It may or may not work, but it is worth a shot.

2) AA has begun selling Exit Row seats as part of Preferred Seats to non-elites. However, you can only purchase them within 24-hours of departure.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
ask at the gate also......
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by sukn
1) Call AAdvantage Customer Service and see if they will manually comp the GLD status since you are so close, and have qualifying flights booked. It may or may not work, but it is worth a shot.
Tried that last year, to avoid baggage fees. I even had DEQM miles coming to me so by my calculation I was already gold No dice.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I am 150 miles until I get Gold. I have a flight booked LAX-SFO in November. On the first leg, I'll pass the threshold for Gold.
Status is not updated upon landing of the qualifying flight, it is when the miles are posted.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
Status is not updated upon landing of the qualifying flight, it is when the miles are posted.
150 miles short. Buy something via AA eshopping, make a donation to the USO via AA.com or something else that will get you those few miles. You can join the AA Rewards network and do some dining after registering a credit card or 2.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
150 miles short. Buy something via AA eshopping, make a donation to the USO via AA.com or something else that will get you those few miles. You can join the AA Rewards network and do some dining after registering a credit card or 2.
This will have no impact on obtaining flight-based status, which is what appears to be under discussion here.

Cheers.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by brp
This will have no impact on obtaining flight-based status, which is what appears to be under discussion here.

Cheers.
OK, so the OP is not seeking 1MM AA miles GOLD status. Sorry about my mistake. I have the million mile issue on my mind.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
OK, so the OP is not seeking 1MM AA miles GOLD status. Sorry about my mistake. I have the million mile issue on my mind.
Yeah, I can see that from your posts in the threads on that topic. That's what I figured was happening

Cheers.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Exit rows often open up as upgrades clear. My suggestion is get to the airport early and inquire with an agent. If nothing is open, you can again ask at the gate. At times, GAs make announcements when an exit seat is open.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG P, Hyatt G
just call them
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: My views are strictly my own and do not reflect the views of any company.
sukn has the right of it.
Call ACS.
800-882-8880
Then tell us what they do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.