Wiki Posts
Search

AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
The KVS Tool is the only one that supports Etihad Award Availability:
http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
The only source for Etihad Award Availability is the Etihad website, where KVS screen scrapes it from, and where it is available for free.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:39 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by porsche534
5 calls now and not an agent nor supervisor at AA willing to call EY or try a long sell. I have to assume there is a block on those seats in what AA sees vs. EY web.
Do keep trying -- the number of F Award seats available on your flight actually went up to 5:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.6/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards-Upgrades/EY]
Code:
AUH  Abu Dhabi Intl AE [OMAA]
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
THU  22 Nov 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------
EY         11      AUH   02:40     LHR   06:45     77W  0   O5 IL N5 R7 X5
EY         19      AUH   08:20     LHR   12:25     346  0   O9 I2 N5 R9 X9
EY         17      AUH   13:25     LHR   17:30     346  0   O7 I2 N5 R9 X3
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:43 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Otherwise, perhaps it is an equipment timing issue as they roll out F service to the 777? EY is clearly selling F seats for the AUH-LHR leg (wife is confirmed already), but according to the EY website they do not offer F service on the 777ER. Can anyone confirm whether or not the current EY AUH-LHR service has an F cabin?
Originally Posted by lallyr
All LHR flights have the F cabin.
Indeed:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.6/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 22 Nov 2012/EY 11/AUH-LHR/77W/First]
Code:
     A  |  D  |  G  |  K  
 1   +     +     X     X  
 2   +     -     +     +  

[+] Available     [P] Preferred   [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable   [X] Blocked
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; UA 1K
Originally Posted by KVS
Indeed:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.6/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 22 Nov 2012/EY 11/AUH-LHR/77W/First]
Code:
     A  |  D  |  G  |  K  
 1   +     +     X     X  
 2   +     -     +     +  

[+] Available     [P] Preferred   [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable   [X] Blocked
6 Calls (5 agents and 1 supervisor) not one person willing to do anything more than tell me 'if we can't see it it's not there.' That final statement sent me over the edge after which I sent an email to customer relations. The next day I received a call back from a gentleman that actually took the time to call EY and find out what the missing link is. Unfortunately, they told him it was due to the changing of the hard product (taking out F) and no seats were available. Obviously, I know this is not true as my wife is confirmed with a F seat. I'm considering changing to a later flight with an A340, but I'm not sure I want an 8hr layover in AUH. Simply frustrating to see availability with KVS and the EY website, but no one at AA can see it.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:16 am
Suspended

To my surprise I was able to reserve 2 EY tickets in business ORD-AUH-SEZ-AUH-LHR for my desired dates in about 20 minutes.
I would be shocked if that were not 4 awards per person:
(1) ORD -> AUH
(2) AUH -> SEZ
(3) SEZ -> AUH
(4) AUH -> LHR

This is because a connection in the Middle East / Indian Subcontinent is not allowed on a North America <-> Africa award redemption using AA miles.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
I would be shocked if that were not 4 awards per person:
(1) ORD -> AUH
(2) AUH -> SEZ
(3) SEZ -> AUH
(4) AUH -> LHR

This is because a connection in the Middle East / Indian Subcontinent is not allowed on a North America <-> Africa award redemption using AA miles.
Agreed. I was able to put LHR-AUH-SEZ on hold as one award but could never ticket it (tried for several agents). Ended up doing LHR-AUH-MLE as Male is considered ME/India.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ScreenGuy
Agreed. I was able to put LHR-AUH-SEZ on hold as one award but could never ticket it (tried for several agents). Ended up doing LHR-AUH-MLE as Male is considered ME/India.
Indeed 4 awards are required. To clarify I found that routing availability for two passengers. I was not inferring that it was 2 awards.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: A few
trying to book rdu-jfk-mle in business class. i am well aware of the ticketing rules and i am being quoted 185k per passenger round trip (67.5k + 25k each way), which i know is the correct amount as per the rules

however in one of his non-chase-saphire-gold posts gary @ view from the wing indicated that if you call enough times you can find agents who will ticket as one 67.5k award. has anyone had any recent experience booking anywhere-usa-auh-mle as one 67.5k level award?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ScreenGuy
I assume anyone doing this is paying up for the EY experience, wanting another "notch in the bedpost" for F experiences.

Otherwise, it's a much better deal to fly CX into CMB, which I hear has a better overall F experience, for 67.5k instead of 90k. From CMB, it's only $200/RT on Sri Lankan Airlines to MLE. From a miles perspective, you are getting less than 1 cpm of value for the incremental 22.5k miles by going the EY route.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by kingarthur
I assume anyone doing this is paying up for the EY experience, wanting another "notch in the bedpost" for F experiences.

Otherwise, it's a much better deal to fly CX into CMB, which I hear has a better overall F experience, for 67.5k instead of 90k. From CMB, it's only $200/RT on Sri Lankan Airlines to MLE. From a miles perspective, you are getting less than 1 cpm of value for the incremental 22.5k miles by going the EY route.
Maybe so, however personally it was not a choice between MLE or SEZ. We want to see the Seychelles. I chose EY for convenience out of ORD. One stop and you are at your destination. Additionally, we are carrying on to LHR after our stay so the extra mileage is palatable as I believe we have the most direct routing between our destinations.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:13 pm
Suspended

ma91pmh, AA telephone agents don't ticket anything. Even if you find an agent who sets up the itinerary for 67.5K miles, the ticketing department is going to reject it if the routing rules of the applicable published fare don't allow the lower amount.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

From LHR, EY is the clear choice (which is where I was traveling from). From east coast US (such as JFK), is it still better to take CX (seems like a much farther travel distance with more stops)?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
ma91pmh, AA telephone agents don't ticket anything. Even if you find an agent who sets up the itinerary for 67.5K miles, the ticketing department is going to reject it if the routing rules of the applicable published fare don't allow the lower amount.
+1

I was originally told it was 67.5k miles per person one-way; however, when it went to ticketing it was charged at the correct amount as two awards.

ma91pmh, don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: A few
Yes that is true and correct. Though the agents are supposed to screen for valid ticketing routing. So to get such an invalid routing ticketed you need both a) the agent to miss it and b) the ticketing department to either miss or forgive it. Which makes the blog claim that much harder to believe, but other than excessive credit card pushing, Gary Leff is a high quality blogger who knows his onions, so I doubt he'd just make this stuff up. His claim was if you try enough times you can get them to ticket. So I am curious if anyone here has been subject to that good luck
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

CX does not fly F into CMB only regional business with a stop in either BKK or SIN.

So, your options are:
CX - US-HKG-(BKK/SIN)-CMB-MLE
EY - JFK-AUH-MLE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.