Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by SighMN
I think its likely MAN-AUH would be on a 330-200, so in my estimation it would be unlikely. The old business class seats are still pretty good and still in the top 10 for business class seats. A lot of airlines have copied Etihad's business class seat. If you can I'd suggest going via LHR if you can fly first class. Etihads first class is one the best. I fly SYD-JFK via AUH despite it being longer because of the Etihad's first class product.
Very helpful - thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:58 am
Suspended

Yeah Seat Guru is about 4 years outdated, and Seat Maestro probably is too. All Etihad Boeing 777-300ER's have 10 across economy seating. I've actually messaged Seat Guru about 10 times about this issue, and its never fixed I don't think Trip Advisor actually cares about that site anymore.
That's weird. Four sources, including Etihad, say 3-3-3.
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...0ER_2class.gif
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
That's weird. Four sources, including Etihad, say 3-3-3.
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...0ER_2class.gif
Etihad updates it site about once every 3-4 years. If I remember there is no direct link to that seat map on Etihad's seat currently as they took off the seat maps in their fleet information. If you have any uncertainty to the fact its 3-4-3 just use any program that allows you to see seat maps and book any AUH-ORD or AUH-YYZ and find out for yourself. I'm not sure Etihad want to actively advertise this fact. I'm not sure why are you trying to find an argument to what I say. What I post is from experience and I won't post things if I'm not fairly certain about them (and if I am guessing I'll say that).
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I am flying EY on Dec 3 (ORD-AUH) and Dec 20 (AUH-ORD). Seat maps at Expertflyer for both flights show 3-4-3 arrangement in coach. I'll let you know for sure on Dec 5 when I arrive at my destination.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Etihad updates it site about once every 3-4 years.
Sorry, but that is just not true.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Sorry, but that is just not true.
As someone that flies Etihad a lot and have used their website for the last 5-6 years, they rarely update their on-board experience information. The last time it was updated was when they started to introduce the First Class Suites about 2-3 years ago. The older business class seats are featured in the business class section, and it says Diamond First Class Suites are only on 340-600's and 330's. Notice they didn't specify the 330-300 as it is an aircraft they took delivery of after that website was made. Also the suite is on all 340-500 aircraft now. Almost all of the fleet was upgraded by the middle of this year except some 330-200 aircraft in my experience. Their fleet information which you pulled up an old seat map lists they only have 2 airbus 330-300 in their fleet when they currently have 6 (all with the new business class seats). I don't know if you noticed in your exhaustive research to prove me wrong that Etihad has pulled all seat maps on their fleet information primarily because those seat maps are no longer current, and its probably better they don't update them to accurately reflect the fact economy is 3-4-3 now.

Etihad's website as any frequent Etihad customer knows is not their strong point.

I'm sorry you take exception to nearly everything I say, but I guess I could have said "Etihad's fleet and on board services are updated every 2-3 years." I guess I assumed wrongly that readers would understand the context of what I was saying. There are still bits of the on board experience back from 2008.

October 2009 Website

Here is James Hogan commenting to Business Traveller about the 777 10 across seating: http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-comfort,-etih
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:24 am
Suspended

I don't know if you noticed in your exhaustive research to prove me wrong.... I'm sorry you take exception to nearly everything I say....
I had and have no such aggressive intention.

... I guess I could have said "Etihad's fleet and on board services are updated every 2-3 years."
That clearly would have been clearer.

Last edited by Austinrunner; Oct 31, 2011 at 2:34 am
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Just saw that KVS is testing an Etihad Award Booking method on their tool. Anyone give it a try yet?

http://www.kvstool.com/index.php
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Just saw that KVS is testing an Etihad Award Booking method on their tool. Anyone give it a try yet?

http://www.kvstool.com/index.php
No but thanks to you KVS has a PM
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:25 am

Have 2 F seats on hold JFK-AUH-COK//BOM-AUH-JFK. Same thing about AA.com showing it in Economy. Reservation is held in O class.

Thanks for the data point. Flying in coach just wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Originally Posted by nabeelj
My EY First reservation on hold is in O class. I heard the agent say EY Biz is I class.

Online it shows Economy, but that is a common glitch with AA.com and partner flights.

EDIT: Got my EY PNR, and looked it up on etihad.com. O is definitely First.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by platboy
Have 2 F seats on hold JFK-AUH-COK//BOM-AUH-JFK. Same thing about AA.com showing it in Economy. Reservation is held in O class.

Thanks for the data point. Flying in coach just wouldn't be nearly as fun.
i got a little worried when i got mine ticketed last week and looked it up on AA, especially when there was only 1 seat available, i was worried agent screwed and possibly not even have that 1 seat available any longer. But was glad to find out it was only the booking code discrepancy
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
BTW will not apply to all the US citizens interested in EY redemptions, but if you need EY to arrange your UAE visa, they (EY and their visa outfit TTS) are clueless whether they can, considering ticket is on AA stock. I'm still trying to get a straight answer from them.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
BTW will not apply to all the US citizens interested in EY redemptions, but if you need EY to arrange your UAE visa, they (EY and their visa outfit TTS) are clueless whether they can, considering ticket is on AA stock. I'm still trying to get a straight answer from them.
Yeah they can.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:30 am

United States Citizens don't need a visa ahead of time if only going to be staying up to 30 days (this can be extended with a fee (85 US dollars) to 60 days). You just show up at immigration they fiddle with your passport and then put a stamp in your passport book. The only issue would be visas if you are going on to another country of if you are planning to stay for up to 90 days then you'll have to prearrange a visa and have Etihad sponsor it. The 90 day visa costs 355 US dollars so unless you have to stay for more than 60 days I'd avoid it just due to cost.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
United States Citizens don't need a visa ahead of time if only going to be staying up to 30 days (this can be extended with a fee (85 US dollars) to 60 days). You just show up at immigration they fiddle with your passport and then put a stamp in your passport book. The only issue would be visas if you are going on to another country of if you are planning to stay for up to 90 days then you'll have to prearrange a visa and have Etihad sponsor it. The 90 day visa costs 355 US dollars so unless you have to stay for more than 60 days I'd avoid it just due to cost.
I think you misread nabeelj's post.

BTW will not apply to all the US citizens interested in EY redemptions
my bold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.