Upgrade requested but no stickers required

Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Upgrade requested but no stickers required

Did a quick search and couldn't find an answer to this...

Yesterday made some reservations on AA.com and noticed that on the screen where I can request the upgrade (am platinum) all of the flight segments required zero 500-mile upgrades. I requested upgrades on all segments (would have regardless of if the 500-mile upgrade stickers were required), but am curious what will happen when I check in. Will they zap my account for the stickers or is this a comp?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:43 pm

0 "stickers" requred for upgrade

I am also Platinum. While making my last two AA ticket purchases, I also noticed the zero sticker requirement for upgrades. However, you will see the correct sticker upgrade requirement on subsequent screens during the purchase process.

Like you, I got excited but I (we) will need to use electronic upgrade stickers if we want to upgrade. It's not a free upgrade.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For Gold/Platinum/Executive Platinums flying AA on Y and B fare "domestic" flights, nothing is to be pulled when upgrading to business/first class.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
For Gold/Platinum/Executive Platinums flying AA on Y and B fare "domestic" flights, nothing is to be pulled when upgrading to business/first class.
Of course there is no mention that this is Y/B, so probably irrelevant. Plus, the second poster indicated the same issue and the stickers did eventually come out, so website issue is far more likely than Y/B. Of course, what you wrote is completely correct, even if likely having nothing to do with the topic at hand

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks all for the quick response. I suspected a system gremlin and wanted to hear if others are having a similar response. FWIW, the fare was not a Y or B fare but appreciate the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.