Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Air Berlin/airberlin Award Redemptions Available with AAdvantage Miles (Oct. 5 2011)

Air Berlin/airberlin Award Redemptions Available with AAdvantage Miles (Oct. 5 2011)

Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by go4bal
What are the chances I can redeem AA miles to travel from LAX - MLE on Air Berlin?
There's only one way to find out.

And if you want to travel in Coach between October 15 and May 15, it will cost you fewer miles to book the trip as two separate awards: LAX to Europe (with or without a free stopover at a North American gateway); and Europe to MLE. Using two awards would also give you the option of a European stopover.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by go4bal
What are the chances I can redeem AA miles to travel from LAX - MLE on Air Berlin?
If you're talking about flying AB all the way, you'd need a published LAX -> MLE fare on AB. Another problem is that the LAX -> DUS service on AB appears to be seasonal.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:35 am

AA's chart doesn't cover Europe to Asia from what I can tell, so how would you tell how many miles are required to travel from TXL to MLE or Phuket?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:20 am
Suspended

You need to look at the AA all-partner award chart: http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp

MLE is in the Middle East / Indian Subcontinent. So, TXL -> MLE is 20K AA miles in Y, 30K in J, and 40K in F.

HKT is in Asia 2. So, TXL -> HKT is 35K AA miles in Y, 52.5K in J, and 70K in F.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:37 am

Been trying to find availability on AB, but it is saying
Your request could not be processed at the moment.

[CAB:E0DA05]
No connections found for the entered data. You can find further information on the travel periods in the airberlin flight plan .
However, from ITA I know there are flights. However, there it is TXL-AUH-MLE. AUH-MLE is on Etihad. Is this why it won't show up when trying to book an award on AirBerlin? I'm not even sure how to find any availability...should I be calling AA, using AA's booking online or call them since it is going to be AB and Etihad?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Been trying to find availability on AB, but it is saying
Your request could not be processed at the moment.

[CAB:E0DA05]
No connections found for the entered data. You can find further information on the travel periods in the airberlin flight plan .
However, from ITA I know there are flights. However, there it is TXL-AUH-MLE. AUH-MLE is on Etihad. Is this why it won't show up when trying to book an award on AirBerlin? I'm not even sure how to find any availability...should I be calling AA, using AA's booking online or call them since it is going to be AB and Etihad?
The only way to use AA miles on AB or EY (or both) is to call AA.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Just noticed you can book AB award online on AA.com
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Just noticed you can book AB award online on AA.com
Yep. Same here. However, seemingly, availability is spotty on aa.com when compared to what the AAgent sees. I tried to hold a rez online today and it wouldn't let me, so I called. The AAgent couldn't find the same routing shown online and it also didn't show in KVS. She ended up placing the hold.
Love, love, love seeing availability online though!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:48 pm
Suspended

What was the error message that aa.com gave you?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Seeing discrepancies on AA.com as well. QF and BA website reporting one seat avail on AB flight. AA.com does not show it being available. Telephone AAgent able to see award and book.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
What was the error message that aa.com gave you?
No error message per se. When I tried to book online myself, it simply wouldn't let me proceed and kicked me back to the options page, saying the selected flight was not available. However, I would input the same itinerary and it would offer me the exact same flights it ultimately would tell me were unavailable again. It was like this for at least 3 days & I stopped checking.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by TTnC4me
No error message per se. When I tried to book online myself, it simply wouldn't let me proceed and kicked me back to the options page, saying the selected flight was not available. However, I would input the same itinerary and it would offer me the exact same flights it ultimately would tell me were unavailable again. It was like this for at least 3 days & I stopped checking.
About a month ago, I was able to book two one-way award flights mostly on AB using the AA website. I have AA flights between the Washington area and JFK, then AB flights JFK-TXL-STR and MUC-DUS-JFK. I had no difficulties booking online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.