Seat 13 A & B 767-300

Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P
Seat 13 A & B 767-300

I booked a coach class award DFW-MAD today and the Advantage person said that 13 A&B were available. She said that though they were in coach, they were old business class seats. Looking at the seating chart it shows 13 as the last row in the front coach section, which if I remember, are terrible seats because they don't recline. Seatguru confirms this.

Has anyone experienced these seats recently to know if they are old business class seats?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I haven't been on DFW-MAD, but I was in row 12 on ORD-HEL and row 13 was definitely not old business class seats.

I don't think any of AA's 767s have business like seats in row 13.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Rubbish! Row 13 in the minicabin are awful seats, as they have NO recline at all, and they are standard coach seats; on a business trip I once was stuck in 13E DFW-ZRH, so I am pretty aware of Row 13.

I have no idea how any AA people keep repeating the absolute b.s.these seats are any kind of business (or otherwise special) seats (but we have heard this here before). (And row 10 is often populated with babies, as in bulkheads = babies.)

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
I have no idea how people keep repeating the rubbish these seats are any kind of business (or otherwise special)seats.
This doesn't help most fliers, but 13A/J are the most private (non crew rest) coach seats on the plane and 13B/C have the best (and most discrete) handicapped bathroom access.

I am guessing the agent confused the 763 with a 762 being sold as 2 class and row 13 with row 11, which would be business seats on the 762.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P
I went ahead and changed the seats to an exit row and the middle aisle seat. My only guess is that she was thinking of 17, which is the crew rest seat.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Good decision, IMO. Row 17 does not offer the old business seats either, though it does offer a modified coach seat with leg rest in a private area with more leg room. Those are available on routes under 8 hours long, most likely not applicable DFW-MAD, though sometimes cabin crew can give one a little attitude for grabbing them at the airport (one time I did and they never got a chance - I was exhausted and slept through the flight).

Basically, there is at least one AA booking agent with her head lamp plugged into her tail light socket.

Originally Posted by braddev
I went ahead and changed the seats to an exit row and the middle aisle seat. My only guess is that she was thinking of 17, which is the crew rest seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.