Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD: Airside Shuttle Connection AA to BA =ONLY= (T3 to T5)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
ORD: Airside Shuttle Connection AA to BA =ONLY= (T3 to T5)

It appears that AA passengers connecting to BA flights at ORD can now utilize an airside shuttle that departs from T3, gates G17 and K20.

There's a sign asking passengers to show their BA boarding pass, so I don't know if other T5 passengers can use this shuttle and avoid a second and unnecessary trip through "security" at ORD.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
New Airside Shuttle Option for Transfering from AA to BA at ORD

Effective on 9/1, BA operates an airside shuttle from T3 to T5 for pax on its flights to LHR. It departs every 30 minutes from G16 and K20 (right by the FL). No more need to go landside and clear security again.

Just used it and it very, very easy. They do a doc check before you board the bus and you are dropped off at the foot of the M14 jetway, where you walk up the ramp and are airside in T5.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i guess that the reverse doesn't work due to imm & customs?.....thanks for the info....
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by clacko
i guess that the reverse doesn't work due to imm & customs?.....thanks for the info....
acordig to traveling better site, only one-way- http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=5032
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for sharing, PresRDC! Nice for those arriving on AA and connecting to BA transat without the aggravation of having to endure the gantlet yet one more time the day of travel.

It makes sense it would be one way, as all arriving international passengers are required to transit immigration and customs, putting one landside, prior to checking in to flights departing from the other terminals.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by EaglesOhThree
acordig to traveling better site, only one-way- http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=5032
Seems to imply you need a BA BP to use it. Would be nice if it also worked for transfer to the CX flight to HKG.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
What about other connections such as RJ?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:50 pm

Some international airlines move the aircraft from T5 (for arrival) to another terminal (for departure). Of course AA does this for their international flights, but also LH leaves from T1. I also seem to recall that BA would leave from T1 long ago before OW (I may be wrong about this).

Seems like less trouble (certainly for the passengers).
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Some international airlines move the aircraft from T5 (for arrival) to another terminal (for departure). Of course AA does this for their international flights, but also LH leaves from T1. I also seem to recall that BA would leave from T1 long ago before OW (I may be wrong about this).

Seems like less trouble (certainly for the passengers).
IB and JL both depart from T3. BA, RJ and CX from T5.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Security at T5 can be insane, good addition.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Originally Posted by millsdale
Security at T5 can be insane, good addition.
Agree!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:14 pm

Seriously, why on earth would the TSA not provide a shuttle service for any/all passengers arriving at ORD connecting on international flights from Terminal 5? Presumably, this would result in thousands of passengers, who have already been screened by the TSA avoid rescreening, would take pressure off the security lines at Terminal 5, and could actually lead to the reduction of TSA staff required at ORD. A little innovation in government maybe?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Seriously, why on earth would the TSA not provide a shuttle service for any/all passengers arriving at ORD connecting on international flights from Terminal 5? Presumably, this would result in thousands of passengers, who have already been screened by the TSA avoid rescreening, would take pressure off the security lines at Terminal 5, and could actually lead to the reduction of TSA staff required at ORD. A little innovation in government maybe?
The current administration wants to create more (not less) government jobs.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Would be useful if this worked for EY, since I do fly AUS-ORD-AUH every now and then.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
What about other connections such as RJ?
Nope. The shuttle is run by BA and is only for BA. Hopefully, it will be expanded to CX and RJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.