Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Citi/AAdvantage credit card mystery promo! 8/18/11 ($100 discount codes; GONE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi/AAdvantage credit card mystery promo! 8/18/11 ($100 discount codes; GONE)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
People here are very generous.

If there is someone who got a code and won't be able to use, I'd be especially thankful.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I thnk they should have at least emailed people who have had the card for a long time. This would have been the first time I could have received any benefit from this card. I am a little upset it was shut down so quickly. Needless to say I missed it.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JimLtravels
I thnk they should have at least emailed people who have had the card for a long time. This would have been the first time I could have received any benefit from this card. I am a little upset it was shut down so quickly. Needless to say I missed it.
(I don't have a horse in this race...don't have a card, didn't get a code, have no further travel plans this year)

I think they want people to pay attention to their Facebook stuff. They do seem to be paying closer attention to their Facebook page, and when I post suggestions on the Admiral's Club page, they acknowledge them.

I guess this is a bit of positive reinforcement for the people who got in, and negative reinforcement for those who didn't.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me

If there is someone who got a code and won't be able to use, I'd be especially thankful.
I might not use mine. If I knew that it was limited to a certain number, I wouldn't have gotten it and taken it from someone else. The only problem is that I had to enter my AAdvantage number and it says "In order to be eligible for this promotion, you must be the primary Citi / AAdvantage credit cardmember and have an open Citi / AAdvantage credit card on or before 8/10/2011. The AAdvantage number and email address you register must belong to the primary credit cardmember."

Does anyone know if I can let someone else use the code?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ohio2292
I might not use mine. If I knew that it was limited to a certain number, I wouldn't have gotten it and taken it from someone else. The only problem is that I had to enter my AAdvantage number and it says "In order to be eligible for this promotion, you must be the primary Citi / AAdvantage credit cardmember and have an open Citi / AAdvantage credit card on or before 8/10/2011. The AAdvantage number and email address you register must belong to the primary credit cardmember."

Does anyone know if I can let someone else use the code?
We can try
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:17 pm

I wonder why companies push their facebook profiles so hard. For AA at least, it just looks like a forum to complain. Seems like not so good press?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
The d*mn thing's already disappeared? And I'm a long time card holder. Well that's what I get for being on AA metal all day. I think this really sucks!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
The d*mn thing's already disappeared? And I'm a long time card holder. Well that's what I get for being on AA metal all day. I think this really sucks!
Though difficult for many in this thread to grasp, this marketing initiative had absolutely nothing, whatsoever, to do with how long one has been a cardholder.

Regards
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:32 am

Has anyone checked flight prices yesterday and again today? I looked for a trip at the end of October from CVG to Denver and it went up by $25 each way for the cheapest option between yesterday and today. I guess AA had to recoup the cost of the vouchers somehow.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by iFLY_00
Has anyone checked flight prices yesterday and again today? I looked for a trip at the end of October from CVG to Denver and it went up by $25 each way for the cheapest option between yesterday and today. I guess AA had to recoup the cost of the vouchers somehow.
has nothing to do with it. the number of people who got the voucher is far under the number of people who didn't.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me

I'll know within a week or so if I can use the code, if not, it yours...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by iFLY_00
That's funny because I had the opposite reaction. The flights that I'm looking at that could be possible opportunities for me to use this coupon all DROPPED in price yesterday. Each is now slightly below the $250 min. threshold.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Urg--missed it. If anyone ends up not using theirs, I'd be grateful for one.

Congrats to everyone who got in on this! Man, I'm never leaving the computer again...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Ross0
That's funny because I had the opposite reaction. The flights that I'm looking at that could be possible opportunities for me to use this coupon all DROPPED in price yesterday. Each is now slightly below the $250 min. threshold.
Ha I guess it must be random computer program pricing/day of the week booking difference then. Just thought a roughly 15% day to day change for a flight two months away was a little much.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:00 am

Got a code each for me and gf. Very nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.