LA area AAdvantage Facebook Promo

Old Aug 6, 11, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

LA area AAdvantage Facebook Promo

I don't usually post to the AAdvantage forum, but I am in LA this weekend and my friend in LA forwarded this email to me:
What would you do for miles? Put on your thinking cap and follow the clues around L.A. At the end of the road you could win enough miles for a domestic round-trip flight award.

Like us on Facebook today and check back on Facebook this Saturday, August 6th at 12:00pm PDT (Noon) for all the details. If you are already a fan, you are all set! See you on Saturday!
This sounds like a scavenger hunt for miles! Intriguing... Guess I'll check their Facebook page in a couple of minutes. Anyone else receive this email?
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uschpr View Post
I don't usually post to the AAdvantage forum, but I am in LA this weekend and my friend in LA forwarded this email to me:
What would you do for miles? Put on your thinking cap and follow the clues around L.A. At the end of the road you could win enough miles for a domestic round-trip flight award.

Like us on Facebook today and check back on Facebook this Saturday, August 6th at 12:00pm PDT (Noon) for all the details. If you are already a fan, you are all set! See you on Saturday!
This sounds like a scavenger hunt for miles! Intriguing... Guess I'll check their Facebook page in a couple of minutes. Anyone else receive this email?
I did as well, but I don't want to drive all over the place for the *chance* to win miles.
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:35 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by folex386 View Post
I did as well, but I don't want to drive all over the place for the *chance* to win miles.
Depends on where you are! The locations are within fairly close proximity of each other.
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines View Post
Depends on where you are! The locations are within fairly close proximity of each other.
Are they planning to actually post something on the page? It is 12:43.
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:52 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IkeEsq View Post
Are they planning to actually post something on the page? It is 12:43.
The post will only appear if you list your location as an LA-area city in Facebook. If you can't see the post, just click on the tab called "AAdvantage Mileage Run" on the left-hand side of the AAdvantage Facebook page. That's where you enter and receive the first clue.
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines View Post
The post will only appear if you list your location as an LA-area city in Facebook. If you can't see the post, just click on the tab called "AAdvantage Mileage Run" on the left-hand side of the AAdvantage Facebook page. That's where you enter and receive the first clue.
Ah, that would have been useful to know a while ago. Unliked, moved on with life.
Old Aug 6, 11, 2:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Bose Century City appears to be the first clue for anyone who might be in the area.

Too bad I'm in NY at the moment.
Old Aug 6, 11, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Who would do this? I live only 20 mins from the first clue but don't feel like spending my saturday driving from mall to mall.
Old Aug 6, 11, 2:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven View Post
Who would do this? I live only 20 mins from the first clue but don't feel like spending my saturday driving from mall to mall.
The other locations are also probably in the Westfield mall.
Old Aug 6, 11, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Great

Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven View Post
I would! Sure beats a long MR. 90 minutes, met some nice folks along the way, and now I am enjoying lunch at Farmers Market with 30,000 more miles!

Xlax

Last edited by xlax; Aug 6, 11 at 3:12 pm Reason: Hit submit too soon
Old Aug 6, 11, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
I won 10K. Would've gotten the 30 if I didn't start so late. It wasn't bad.. century city mall to pop by the bose store and listen to a clue, then to wine bar @ la brea and melrose, and then barnes & nobel @ the grove. took me well under an hour and only a few miles. Free food along the way and a lot of smiling volunteers. Wish they had more than (3) 30k prizes as a lot of the participants were couples. Still good fun & marketing to a cornerstone w/ retail partners.
Old Aug 6, 11, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT 1.85MM, Hyatt-Discoverist, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I picked up 30k miles in this promo. It was lots of fun and took a little under 2 hours.
Old Aug 6, 11, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT 1.85MM, Hyatt-Discoverist, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by LAXNYER View Post
I won 10K. Would've gotten the 30 if I didn't start so late. It wasn't bad.. century city mall to pop by the bose store and listen to a clue, then to wine bar @ la brea and melrose, and then barnes & nobel @ the grove. took me well under an hour and only a few miles. Free food along the way and a lot of smiling volunteers. Wish they had more than (3) 30k prizes as a lot of the participants were couples. Still good fun & marketing to a cornerstone w/ retail partners.
There were actually 10 30k prizes -- I was #8, I believe.
Old Aug 6, 11, 4:19 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy View Post
I picked up 30k miles in this promo. It was lots of fun and took a little under 2 hours.
Excellent^
Old Aug 6, 11, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Congrats all! It was actually kind of of. I got 10K, I think I was only supposed to get 5K but there wasn't a lot of participation. I didn't start 'til about 2 and was done at 3 ish, so all in all not bad. Much easier than flying, but sadly no EQM. Thanks AA!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: