JetBlue BOS Blue Pass - Earn AA Miles?

Old Jul 28, 11, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
JetBlue BOS Blue Pass - Earn AA Miles?

JetBlue is offering 3 month unlimited flight passes out of Boston and Long Beach.

http://www.jetblue.com/bluepass/

It's an interesting offer, but based on the following I assume we can't get RDMs from it.

TRUEBLUE: You must be a TrueBlue member to purchase and book travel on a BluePass. You may register for TrueBlue by visiting www.jetblue.com/trueblue. Each BluePass purchase is eligible for TrueBlue pointsócustomers that purchase Boston All will receive 12,000 TrueBlue points. Customers that purchase Boston Select will receive 9,000 TrueBlue points. Customers that purchase Long Beach Select will receive 8,000 TrueBlue points. All points will be awarded on or after 11/1/2011. Travel booked using a BluePass is not eligible to earn additional TrueBlue points. TrueBlue Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:16 pm

This is pretty neat, but why is it here in the AA forums?
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
This is pretty neat, but why is it here in the AA forums?
Because my first thought when I heard about it was to see if we could get AA miles out of the BOS flights. I think the answer is no based on what I posted, but am open to other people's interpretations.

Basically I'm hoping it will keep a bunch of us from looking it up separately.
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ambraciot View Post
Because my first thought when I heard about it was to see if we could get AA miles out of the BOS flights. I think the answer is no based on what I posted, but am open to other people's interpretations.

Basically I'm hoping it will keep a bunch of us from looking it up separately.
That's actually an interesting point. I'm nearly positive that you won't earn any RDMs from flight activity while flying on the pass, but I wonder if there's any chance (though chances are probably pretty close to nil) that one could get RDMs instead of TrueBlue points for the purchase of a pass. Best way is probably to contact AAdvantage and see if anybody there has an answer... If anybody hears anything from AA, please report back!

FYI - here's the thread on the topic in the JetBlue forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...x-bos-lgb.html /Moderator
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure people shouldn't get RDMs from flights booked with the pass...

The AA site doesn't clarify the issue, since there's no definition of "Purchased Fares".

Class of Service Purchased Fares Booked in: Base Miles
Economy Class* B, E, F, G, H, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, U, V, Y 100%
If people have been getting mileage credit automatically and jetBlue hasn't created a special booking class for these tickets RDMs might come through.

However, since I'm still waiting for RDMs from clearly eligible flights in April, I certainly won't risk $2,000 on it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: