Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyjackjack
I had AMEX for a while and it was terrible for foreign travel. How long have you been using it, and in which countries have you had good luck? Maybe I should re-evaluate it as an option.
Not just international. I had a lot of trouble using my Amex Plat in Maine, USA.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:44 pm

What's the wait time on the 10K EQM to post these days?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by nall
This was a prety comprehensive post in this thread a few pages back (written by SUPERGRANDSLAM):

"There are some data points, mine included, in this thread but they are not consistent.
Mine was posted at the same time the usual RDM posted, i.e. 2 days after CC statement.
Some(but very few) even got 10K EQM before the statement close.
Majority of people got 2-8 weeks after the statement as far as I checked the data points sometime ago"
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by nall
I still haven't seen mine from 2012 post.

I'm crossing 40K spend this month. If I don't see the EQM by end of November there is zero chance I'm paying the annual fee again.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by grompf
The entire 10000 EQM has been a pain for me. Citi wont give me any straight answers and direct me to AA. AA directs me to ask Citi.

I crossed the spend last month, how long will my miles take to post? No one knows!
Did your 10K EQM post yet? How long did it take?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gomike
Did your 10K EQM post yet? How long did it take?
Mine just posted, and took the full 8 weeks to post (from the date the last month's credit putting me over the threshold posted to my AA account).

As far as Chip & PIN is concerned, most major cards will be subject to a liability shift for point of sale terminals in October 2015, so Citi will very likely have Chip & PIN support by then, if not sooner.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:41 am

Data Point - My EQM posted exactly one month after the qualifying statement closed.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by r415
Mine just posted, and took the full 8 weeks to post (from the date the last month's credit putting me over the threshold posted to my AA account).
Interesting. I'm trying to make EXP this year, and need the 10k EQM for it -- and my statement is at the beginning of the month. Nov is about to be cut, and I think I'm about $1400 short of the 40k mark. Pretty much guaranteed to cross the line in Nov (for the Dec statement) but an 8 week post puts the EQM posting in January.

Ah well. Worst case scenario, a couple of expensive Dec MRs, and a good start on next year (probably back down to PLT.)
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Posted 2 weeks after statement close. Seems like there is a wide range of experiences on the timing per the posts above.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosman
Posted 2 weeks after statement close. Seems like there is a wide range of experiences on the timing per the posts above.
Wonder if it varies by day of the month. Are you comfortable saying roughly when in the month (or specific day) your statement closed?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by nkedel
Wonder if it varies by day of the month. Are you comfortable saying roughly when in the month (or specific day) your statement closed?
My statement closed Monday 10/14; 10k deposited over the past weekend (10/26 or 10/27).
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosman
My statement closed Monday 10/14; 10k deposited over the past weekend (10/26 or 10/27).
Thanks. Will keep fingers crossed.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
As I understand the Citi Exec card & Aadvantage rules, it doesn't matter when the 10k EQMs post, as they apply only to this year, i.e. if you go over $40k by the December-2013 statement date, you get the EQMs for 2013. So it doesn't make any difference if they don't show up until January or February 2014.

The only time it appears that the exact posting date would matter is if you need some of the 8 new SWUs soon that you would get after the EQMs post, assuming that post puts you over 100k total.

In my case, I went over $40k spend on my late Oct. Citicard statement, but as I have 4 eVIPs still in my account with no travel 'til January, I don't care much when the 10K EQMs post.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:09 am

60,000 Sign Up Offer - $5K in 3 month spend requirement

I found this mentioned back in April, but I can't find it since (although I haven't scoured). Apologies if it's a re-post.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0k/default.htm

Earn 60,000 American Airlines
AAdvantage bonus miles
after you make $5,000 in
purchases within 3 months
of becoming a cardmember**!

TRAVEL WITH CHIP TECHNOLOGY
ADMIRALS CLUB MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES1
EARN ELITE QUALIFYING MILES2
NO FOREIGN PURCHASE TRANSACTION FEES3
ENHANCED AIRPORT EXPERIENCE4
EARN TWO AADVANTAGE MILES FOR EVERY $1 SPENT ON ELIGIBLE AMERICAN AIRLINES PURCHASES5
FIRST CHECKED BAG FREE
EXPERT CONCIERGE SERVICE
NO MILEAGE CAP6
25% SAVINGS ON ELIGIBLE IN-FLIGHT PURCHASES7

Enjoy these VIP benefits and more for an annual fee of $450.
Footnotes:

For benefit to apply, the Citi/ AAdvantage account must be open 7 days prior to air travel AND, reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage number 7 days prior to air travel. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. Eligible Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard primary cardmembers may check one bag free of charge when traveling to domestic destinations on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline Inc., or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.. These benefits will not be available for travel on codeshare flights booked with an AA flight number but operated by another airline. For the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard, up to eight customers traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. This benefit cannot be combined with any existing AAdvantage elite program benefits, including any waiver of baggage charges. Please see aa.com for baggage weight and size restrictions. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

*This Citi / AAdvantage card offer is only valid for new applicants for a Citi / AAdvantage account applied for by 09/30/2013, pursuant to this offer and is not available to existing cardmembers or recent applicants for a Citi / AAdvantage credit card.

** American Airlines AAdvantage miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles.

1Only primary Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older may receive membership privileges to the
American Airlines Admirals Club lounges. Authorized users of the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club membership privileges. To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her AAdvantage number, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) his or her open and valid Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard, and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. All guests must remain with the cardmember during the club visit. All persons must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Should the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard account be closed for any reason, all Admirals Club benefits will be immediately cancelled, including access to all Admirals Club lounges. All Admirals Club membership terms and conditions apply. To review the complete Admirals Club membership rules, please visit www.AA.com/admiralsclub. Such membership terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. If the primary Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard cardmember is already an Admirals Club member and has sixty or more days remaining (from the date the
Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard card account is approved by Citi) on such current Admirals Club membership, he or she is eligible to receive a pro-rata refund from American Airlines for any unused portion of his or her current Admirals Club membership fee. The refund will be based on the number of days remaining on such primary cardmember's current Admirals Club membership. Refunds will be automatically made in the original form of payment within 12 weeks of becoming a
Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard cardmember. Lifetime Admirals Club members, AAirpass members with Admirals Club privileges and Admirals Club memberships purchased with Business ExtrAA points are not eligible for a refund.

2One time per calendar year (referring to January through December billing statements), the primary Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM Mastercard cardmember will earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after he or she reaches the first $40,000 in eligible purchases on his or her Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM Mastercard account during such calendar year (purchases posted to your January to December billing statements), regardless of the date the account is opened. EQMs are earned on purchases, excluding returned goods and services, cash advances, convenience checks, transferred balances, credits, fees and interest charges. A primary cardmember may earn the 10,000 EQMs only one time in a calendar year, even if the primary cardmember has more than one Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage card. EQMs earned as a result of this offer will be posted to the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage program account 68 weeks after meeting the $40,000 purchase requirement. Purchases made from additional cards on the primary cardmember's account will count toward the primary cardmember's qualifying spend; however, additional cardholders are not eligible to earn EQMs. Please log in to your AAdvantage account on AA.com to view your YTD Elite Qualifying Miles balance. Should the posting of the additional EQMs result in your qualifying or re-qualifying for AAdvantage elite status, your status will be valid throughout the next succeeding elite membership year. Benefits associated with any new elite status level will take effect immediately on the date the additional elite status qualifying miles were posted to your AAdvantage account and will apply to all eligible flight activity occurring on or after that date. If applicable, your new credentials will be received within 46 weeks. All AAdvantage program terms and conditions apply. EQMs only count toward elite status qualification. EQMs cannot be redeemed for award travel, AAdvantage miles or any other AAdvantage program awards. AAdvantage program elite status requirements are available on the AAdvantage section of AA.com.

3The standard variable APR for purchases 15.24% and also applies to balance transfers; standard variable APR for cash advances 25.24%. The variable Penalty APR is up to 29.99% and may be applied if you make a late payment or make a payment that is returned. The annual fee is $450. Minimum interest charge $0.50. Fee for Foreign Purchases - None. Cash advance fee either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

4For benefit to apply, the Citi / AAdvantage account must be open 7 days prior to air travel AND, reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage number 7 days prior to air travel. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard cardmembers will have the following benefits: priority check-in (where available), priority airport screening (where available), and priority boarding privileges when traveling on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline Inc., or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. Up to eight customers traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get priority check-in (where available), priority airport screening (where available), and priority boarding privileges if they are listed in the same reservation. Priority boarding group will only be printed on the boarding pass of the eligible Citi / AAdvantage primary credit cardmember. You may check in at any Business Class check-in position or First Class check-in when Business Class is not available, regardless of the class of service in which you are traveling on American Airlines. These benefits will not be available for travel on codeshare flights booked with an AA flight number but operated by another airline. Exclusive lanes at security checkpoints are available, subject to TSA approval. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

5You will earn two American Airlines AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with your Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard credit card for items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles. Products or services that do not qualify are car rentals, hotel reservations, American Airlines VacationSM packages, purchases of American Airlines AAdvantage miles, duty-free purchases and AA CargoSM products and services. AAdvantage bonus miles will be posted to your AAdvantage account 810 weeks after a qualifying purchase.

6There is no maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage miles that you can accumulate on your Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard credit card. AAdvantage miles are earned on purchases, except returned goods and services, cash advances, convenience checks, transferred balances, credits, fees and interest charges. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles.

7Citi / AAdvantage cardmembers will receive a 25% savings on in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and headsets on flights operated by American Airlines when purchased with their Citi / AAdvantage card. Savings do not apply to any other in-flight purchases, such as wireless internet access, SkyMallTM and DutyFree. Offer is available on eligible flights as long as supplies last. Savings will appear as a statement credit 68 weeks after the transaction is posted to the cardmember's credit card account. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

The Citi / AAdvantage card is offered in many countries. This offer is valid only for U.S. residents. If you are not a U.S. resident, visit aa.com/creditcards for information on how to apply for the card where you live.

American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. The American Connection service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.

American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage awards or credits that you have accumulated. Members may not be able to obtain all offered awards at all times or use awards for all destinations or on all flights. AAdvantage travel awards, mileage accrual and special offers are subject to government regulations. Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million MilerSM status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit aa.com/aadvantage

AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, AACargo, AAirpass, AmericanAirlines Vacations, American Eagle, American Connection, Admirals Club, Business ExtrAA and Million Miler are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies. Cardmember program terms are subject to change.

Citi and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

Citi Executive is a service mark of Citigroup Inc.

MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Privacy
Terms and Conditions

2013 Citigroup Inc.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:25 pm

I called to cancel my card today. Retention offer was, IMHO, pretty lame: $50 statement credit + 750 bonus miles every billing cycle I exceed $750 in spend for 16 cycles (total 12k potential bonus miles). I declined. I assumed their hands may be a bit tied given the cost of the AC benefit, but it seems like this will be a product they will struggle to keep people coming back to. Seems like it mostly makes sense for folks who fly frequently enough to justify the AC benefit but not quite enough to hit the next elite level w/o the 10k EQM bonus after $40k spend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.