Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by norf9
I'm thinking that the MM cutoff date for the card spend might be pushed back another year. Unless they do this, I don't see much of reason to keep the card if you are already GLD or above and spend less than 40k.
I do think that, without the MM help, this card doesn't really stack up against competing options.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Card quality is terrible

I've had my card for less then 2 months. Not only are the embossed letters and numbers fading, the card is delaminating on 2 of the corners.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rich728
I've had my card for less then 2 months. Not only are the embossed letters and numbers fading, the card is delaminating on 2 of the corners.
Ask for a replacement!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rich728
It appears the AC logo was applied w/ spray paint after the card was made. My card is also delaminating.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by norf9
I'm thinking that the MM cutoff date for the card spend might be pushed back another year. Unless they do this, I don't see much of reason to keep the card if you are already GLD or above and spend less than 40k.
I think this is a large majority of what people are hoping come 12/1/12.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
The four reasons Im trying out this card:
- 10K EQMs saves me a major mileage run and is worth a good portion of the annual fee
- The AC membership is worth a good portion of the annual fee
- No foreign exchange fee
- Continued mileage towards lifetime status

If any of these are weakened or removed, then this card probably won't make my cut for renewal in December. Even if they stay the same, it will be a hard choice to keep this versus, say, the AMEX platinum.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by olddallas
The current terms did not seem to promise anything more, but what will happen to the terms of the card after this year? I would expect that with the cutoff of million miler (MM) miles for all base purchases at the end of the year, something will have to change to retain customers. I would think that having the 10k EQM start counting as MM miles as well would be a minimum expectation with another 10k available (both EQM & MM) at $80k spend. Citibank has a retention problem upcoming at the end of the year if they don't do anything, but I would not expect an announcement before fall.
They really need to concentrate on additional benefits, compare the old CO PP card to this and CO wins hands down. It also has a cheaper AF by $55.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: 2MM by 2013 AA
I have to agree with everyone, if the miles don't count towards MM, then most likely I will go back to AMEX Plat. Also for the 450 fee I think they could have design a more durable card, my card it's really beat up, and it's been replace 3 times. First time because of the chip, second time because of the Logo and third time so it could have logo and chip. I have this card since January 12 or 15 and the AC logo and my Aa number it's already worn off. I just don't want to call CS and ask for replacement, last time I did that they thought I had lost my card and issue me a new number, I was upset. I like the fact that my number it's memorize whenever I have to make a online or over phone purchase no need to look for the card, simply give out the #....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by dcaem
I just don't want to call CS and ask for replacement, last time I did that they thought I had lost my card and issue me a new number, I was upset. I like the fact that my number it's memorize whenever I have to make a online or over phone purchase no need to look for the card, simply give out the #....
I hear ya. Next time, (and with this card's quality it looks fairly assured that there will be a next time, lol), when you dial in - ask for "credit operations" for the replacement card. I've always had luck with any escalated matters going through them since they seem to be higher-up than the usual front-liners. Just a suggestion.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Has anyone who did NOT get the card before 12/1/11 gotten the million-miler benefit?

Just curious if Citi/AA have made an exception for anyone.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Has anyone who did NOT get the card before 12/1/11 gotten the million-miler benefit?

Been wondering the same thing, and I posted about it but got no response.

My assumption was, no one on here has gotten a card since 12/1.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by mileage junkie

Like many others, this is a thread that I continually follow. I have seen a number of posts since the first of the year asking the same question. There is continued deafening silence from anyone posting a response that received the card after 12/1 and was successful in getting MM miles posted. Doesn't sound like it happened.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maui Time
Like many others, this is a thread that I continually follow. I have seen a number of posts since the first of the year asking the same question. There is continued deafening silence from anyone posting a response that received the card after 12/1 and was successful in getting MM miles posted. Doesn't sound like it happened.
Doesn't sound like anyone got the MM miles, or got the card at all after 12/1?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Maui Time
Requested upgrade in mid-October. Account converted 12/10. Received 10K mile "goodwill" bonus for upgrading, and starting with 12/10 statement, all miles have counted toward MM status. (Also received $100 statement credit to take "the edge" off the $450 yearly fee ). Citi is always a game worth playing.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ritz
Requested upgrade in mid-October. Account converted 12/10. Received 10K mile "goodwill" bonus for upgrading, and starting with 12/10 statement, all miles have counted toward MM status. (Also received $100 statement credit to take "the edge" off the $450 yearly fee ). Citi is always a game worth playing.
That seems to generally apply to the question, but there's still a bit of an issue over the October start date of the process.

How about someone out there with an entirely fresh application after 12/1? No conversion; no earlier app approved after 12/1. Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.