Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got approved for the card! WOOT!

I forgot to ask them to include the World Chip. Since I dont have the card yet, could someone give me the customer service number on the back?

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by george 3
Experian
Uh, not quite. LOL. Each bank/cc issuing agency pulls depending on location of where app is handled, division in which app is handled, and residence of applicant. Citi is (in)famous for using all 3.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rich728
got approved for the card! Woot!

I forgot to ask them to include the world chip. Since i dont have the card yet, could someone give me the customer service number on the back?

Thanks!!!
888-766-2484
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:55 pm

Just got off the phone with Citi, and was told that cards with both a chip and the AC logo should be available on January 23.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
No pre-set

A note about the "no-preset spending limit"... I have paid the entire 5-figure balance twice this month, going over my limit in the process a few times. I called and asked for the no-preset department and they said I had exactly a 5K buffer and it should remain that way. This was 10 days ago. Well, bill printed and need to use that extended line for about a week until I can pay YET AGAIN and they said they reduced it to 2K and it's evaluated on a "day to day" basis, with no record of the prior call. I call BS on the day-to-day thing, as it's likely done when the bill prints, but I digress. A little perterbed since my autobills won't go through until I transfer more cash over. In my best valley slang...whatevers. I would ask for an increase but heard that's a no-go until a 6-month review.

I DO appreciate getting a mainland agent right away though, even if they tell me bad news. =)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gozetta
I would ask for an increase but heard that's a no-go until a 6-month review.
There's no need to wait 6 months to request a credit increase. I got a new Citi card with a 75k bonus in September, converted it to the Executive Card after I got the bonus, then asked for an increase in November. They had given me a 10k line and I got it increased to 50k.

The first agent I talked to said that he didn't think they would consider it that soon, but that there was no harm in trying. I never heard anything, so called back a few days later. They couldn't find any record of a request, so they put another one through and it was approved fairly quickly.

I get the feeling that they're trying very hard to please with this card.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Citi just called me (from a TX bumber) to let me know that the AC logo was left off of my chipped card and a new one will be sent by the end of the month. ^^ for the proactive customer service!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by emma dog
^^ for the proactive customer service!
That's not something you usually hear when someone's describing their interactions with Citi, lol.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Citi just called me (from a TX bumber) to let me know that the AC logo was left off of my chipped card and a new one will be sent by the end of the month. ^^ for the proactive customer service!
+1
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
+ 2 very friendly CSR. ^
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
I get the feeling that they're trying very hard to please with this card.
^^ for the proactive customer service!
Originally Posted by Ritz
That's not something you usually hear when someone's describing their interactions with Citi, lol.
FWIW, the level of service I've received with this Citi card is more in line with the level of service I receive with American Express. (Not so with other Citi cards I've had.) I always get an agent in the US with very little (if any) wait and they seem to be more knowledgable and empowered to do much more than a typical agent.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Does this card still count towards MM status or did I need to get the card prior to 12/1/11? I am already AA gold, but would like the opportunity to get Plat if this is the case.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trach500
Does this card still count towards MM status or did I need to get the card prior to 12/1/11? I am already AA gold, but would like the opportunity to get Plat if this is the case.
You had to have your card open and in good standing on Dec 1, 2011 for the purchase $'s miles to count towards the MM status.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You had to have your card open and in good standing on Dec 1, 2011 for the purchase $'s miles to count towards the MM status.
That's certainly the way the wording worked, but has anyone who applied for the card after 12/1/11 confirmed that their regular purchase miles don't count toward MM status? I'm not sure that this was exactly the way they intended the card to work.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:52 am

Benefits not showing up

I have had this card since Dec 3rd. Flying to Barbados tomorrow on a ticket purchased after I got the card. AA shows that all my benefits are enabled for this trip but the boarding pass i just printed shows no elevated status. I was told it should say ECC on the boarding pass.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.