Wiki Posts
Search

Bonuses for conversion Hotel points to AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
Bonuses for conversion Hotel points to AA

Is there a chance that AA offers bonus miles promotion for hotel points converted to AA? If yes, what would be the best page to check regularly?

What I mean is: I got a lot of hotel points I want to convert to AA achieving the best rate possible and there is NO time pressure, so I would like to wait for any special conversion promotion and then move it all.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Check the SPG Forum, as I believe there is a bonus for SPG points to AA.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Since you are MR gold, you should know that MR and AA no longer partner, which means they no longer allow point to mile exchanges.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:35 pm

if there is no time pressure, I suggest you keep your eye out for something special like last summer's HUGE bonus for mileage conversions...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
if there is no time pressure, I suggest you keep your eye out for something special like last summer's HUGE bonus for mileage conversions...
The timing of that bonus coincided with the end of AA's partnership with Marriott, and was probably designed to encourage Marriott members to transfer to AA while they could. I don't know when the last one prior to that was.

They might run one to coincide with the end of all miles counting towards lifetime status, but that is pure speculation based on a long thread filled with 1000+ posts of nothing but speculation: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-program.html
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by JDiver
Check the SPG Forum, as I believe there is a bonus for SPG points to AA.
There is the usual bonus for transferring in the chunks of 20K SPG that becomes 25K AA after 5K bonus.

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Don't think that 35% bonus is HUGE per se but relative rare in the AA land. Dumped my SPG to AA last year during the promo to clear the 2M hurdle.

Last edited by holtju2; Jul 10, 2011 at 1:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.