UK-site system error

Old Jul 8, 11, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver but hotels.com Gold :)
UK-site system error

Tried a search of this forum but no luck ..

So, is it normal to get an AA "System Error" at the end of the online booking process? and anything to do apart from try the 'phone when the lines re-open tomorrow and try and book the ticket that way?

Tried to book a couple of hours ago, the system returned an error about 20 seconds after I hit 'Finish' at the end of the purchase process.
Waited 90 minutes, no e-mail showed up so tried the whole thing again and the same "system error" message wait a few moments and try again.

In UK. Booking to/from USA.
Old Jul 8, 11, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post

So, is it normal to get an AA "System Error" at the end of the online booking process? and anything to do apart from try the 'phone when the lines re-open tomorrow and try and book the ticket that way?

Tried to book a couple of hours ago, the system returned an error about 20 seconds after I hit 'Finish' at the end of the purchase process.
Waited 90 minutes, no e-mail showed up so tried the whole thing again and the same "system error" message wait a few moments and try again.

Does the trip show up as being ticketed/purchased/requested/on hold under the "my reservations" page in your account?
Old Jul 8, 11, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
I don't have an account (BAEC member), so used the purchase without login route.
Do I have to have an account to make the purchase?
Old Jul 8, 11, 11:59 pm

Thanks.
I don't have an account (BAEC member), so used the purchase without login route.
Do I have to have an account to make the purchase?
No.

Call and confirm with AA if the tickets are in process of being issued or not. Otherwise, seems like a temporary system issue if you can wait for a few hours. Its 2am ET - they may be doing some maintenance.
Old Jul 9, 11, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond

This happened to me last week, I tried a couple of times on Sunday and again on Monday...no email...

Then a few hours later, a confirmation email turns up in and I get a voicemail from AA in Ireland, telling me they've identified a number of duplicate bookings so they cancelled the others, keeping just the one.....
Old Jul 9, 11, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Just to feed back the follow up of this morning. In case others get in the same predicament.

The CC company showed a 'hold' for the flight costs sometime earlier this morning. So I just sat tight.
Around 11am UK time I got a confirmation from AA (which was for the right flights! just a slight question as to whether it was my first or second booking attempt).

So all-in-all a booking I thought I'd completed at 10pm last night, got done at 11am this morning. I really don't know if this is 'normal' for aa UK or the dreaded "system error" thing fouled things up.

Not a nice experience and I will need to watch my CC for a day or two I suspect (large airfares can eat up credit limits - more so if charged twice!).

Thanks all for the advice and comments.
Old Jul 9, 11, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Same thing happene to me yesterday. I logged into the US site immediately after and was able to see it under My Reservations. Ticketed this morning.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: