Trivial AA Error-Routemap Codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Trivial AA Error-Routemap Codeshares

The problem was fixed today July 7th.

The original post follows:

After a recent update, AA's "Where We Fly" routemap now says all codeshared flights are operated by AA and all eagle flights are AA codeshares...

Not a big deal, but for 90 seconds I was excited and confused that AA was taking over Iberia's MAD-BOS flights. The current schedule says it is valid from 7/4-1/1/2012, so this error seems pretty recent.

Last edited by Ambraciot; Jul 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Not sure if they've changed it since you looked, but that's not what I found. For instance, for the BOS-MAS route you mentioned, I see it as Airline: American Airlines, but when you look for more details (i.e., clicking through today's flights) it gives the AA codeshare flight number followed by "Iberia" in parentheses and has an asterisks denoting that the flight is operated by another airline.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

When you look for flights on a particular day it does display the correct information, but all the routes show as AA operated rather than codeshares.

This wasn't the case before the weekend, the map usually shows the operating carrier for each route/destination. As I said trivial...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
When you look for flights on a particular day it does display the correct information, but all the routes show as AA operated rather than codeshares.
I'm not sure where you're seeing something that says the (codeshare) flights are operated by AA. I just see "Airline" not "Operating Airline" and if I uncheck the "Add AA Partners" box, the codeshares are no longer displayed. Am I missing something?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beerup
I'm not sure where you're seeing something that says the (codeshare) flights are operated by AA. I just see "Airline" not "Operating Airline" and if I uncheck the "Add AA Partners" box, the codeshares are no longer displayed. Am I missing something?
Just that the codeshare routes are supposed to display the way American Eagle routes are currently displaying on the routemap:

American Airlines* (American Eagle)

Since you mentioned the routes disappearing when you uncheck AA partners, did American Eagle always disappear when you unchecked the box? I have the impression they used to be treated like AA routes. A change could explain how they messed up the way codeshare routes are displaying.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

They appear to be trying to fix the problem.

Right now there are no direct routes listed on the map, but connecting codeshare routes reflect their operating carriers again.

"Sorry, AA does not fly directly from New York."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.