Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket is not a confirmed ticket....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Award ticket is not a confirmed ticket....

Or so I was told this morning by an agent at ORD when I requested to SDC to an earlier flight. That's news to me. I mean I paid something (miles and fees) and had a confirmed seat on my original flight. What changed to make this stellar AA agent come to this conclusion? I never really fly AA but a 2 minute review of their website informed me that I could change to another flight on the same day for a fee of $50 beginning 12 hours prior to departure. Another 2 minutes of research and I was able to determine that not only can it be done, but that E bucket availability is required to use a particular flight combo.

I consulted expert flyer and approached the agent with my request. She took a look and said it can't be done since I didn't have a "confirmed ticket". Adding "I like you allergictocoach but my job is important to me". I'm thinking if your job is so important maybe you might stop texting long enough to learn about a program that your company offers that seems like it may come up from time to time say.....if you happen to be working at the airport as an agent? 2-4 minutes of my time and I knew it could be done. WTH kind of training do these slacks get that they are so helpless? A special shout out to the Eagle captain that was behind the desk giving me the evil eye when I began to object to the agents assertion that I wasn't a confirmed pax. Stick to the jungle jets mate.

In any case I was able to call in to an agent I'm sure was across the world somewhere. She didn't know if it was morning or afternoon and her English was a bit broken. She did manage to confirm me on the flights I requested and complete my payment in about 3 minutes though.

Welcome to ORD I guess.

Last edited by allergictocoach; Jun 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:54 am

at least she liked you, imagine if she hadn't
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'm curious, at ORD, were you talking to a Gate Agent or a Ticket Counter Agent?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:15 am
Original Poster

A gate agent I suppose. I was through security and I went to her since there didn't seem to be a service center available. The only other options I saw were to call in or use a kiosk. No humans anywhere except near a gate. The kiosk didn't offer my preferred option although I knew it was available.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:41 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by allergictocoach
In any case I was able to call in to an agent I'm sure was across the world somewhere. She didn't know if it was morning or afternoon and her English was a bit broken. She did manage to confirm me on the flights I requested a complete my payment in about 3 minutes though.

Welcome to ORD I guess.
If you're going to start a thread just to rant here, it does pay to have facts straight. AA agents are all US-based (at the US call numbers). Interestingly, there are 4 time zones in the continental US (at last count), so it can be morning in some and afternoon in others.

As for the rest-yes,the agent you spoke with at the airport was incorrect.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Not really sure that taking a guess at the phone agents possible location constitutes "not having the facts straight" but whatever.....

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:53 am

Not really sure that taking a guess at the phone agents possible location constitutes "not having the facts straight" but whatever.....

Cheers.
^
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
In any case I was able to call in to an agent I'm sure was across the world somewhere. She didn't know if it was morning or afternoon and her English was a bit broken. She did manage to confirm me on the flights I requested a complete my payment in about 3 minutes though.
Bless your heart!! You just ignore these mean ole' Yankees pickin' on you. Texas was a different country before it was a state! And anyone who's ever heard a Fort Worth drawl knows that it counts as broken English.

Lord knows, if you got the call center in Raleigh, I'm surprised you even recognized it as English!

But seriously, it's too bad the GA didn't know that a reward ticket can use same-day change.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to blame the 345 am wake up, mental anguish from the incompetent gate agent and my tricky iPhone 4 for my egregious grammatical error.

Please forgive.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Or so I was told this morning by an agent at ORD when I requested to SDC to an earlier flight. That's news to me. I mean I paid something (miles and fees) and had a confirmed seat on my original flight. What changed to make this stellar AA agent come to this conclusion? I never really fly AA but a 2 minute review of their website informed me that I could change to another flight on the same day for a fee of $50 beginning 12 hours prior to departure. Another 2 minutes of research and I was able to determine that not only can it be done, but that E bucket availability is required to use a particular flight combo.

I consulted expert flyer and approached the agent with my request. She took a look and said it can't be done since I didn't have a "confirmed ticket". Adding "I like you allergictocoach but my job is important to me". I'm thinking if your job is so important maybe you might stop texting long enough to learn about a program that your company offers that seems like it may come up from time to time say.....if you happen to be working at the airport as an agent? 2-4 minutes of my time and I knew it could be done. WTH kind of training do these slacks get that they are so helpless? A special shout out to the Eagle captain that was behind the desk giving me the evil eye when I began to object to the agents assertion that I wasn't a confirmed pax. Stick to the jungle jets mate.

In any case I was able to call in to an agent I'm sure was across the world somewhere. She didn't know if it was morning or afternoon and her English was a bit broken. She did manage to confirm me on the flights I requested and complete my payment in about 3 minutes though.

Welcome to ORD I guess.
Attitude is everything. No making some people happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.