Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

History Channel Worlds Ten Extreme Airports (marked for deletion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Was watching the History Channel on the worlds 10 Extreme airports. Number 8 was the old Kai Tak Airport in Hong Kong.
As part of the Kai Tak Airport video you can see an AA plane (two different times during the program) parked on the tarmac at Kai Tak Airport. That has to be over 13 yeras ago as Kai Tak Airport was closed in 1998.

What was an AA plane doing at Kai Tak Airport?
Did AA ever do maintenace there?
A charter?
Did History do some poor video editing?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zman
Did History do some poor video editing?
FWIW, I searched airliners.net and there's not a single photo of AA metal at Kai Tak. I'd think there would be at least a handful of photos if AA ever regularly flew there.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Already a long thread on this program in Travel Buzz from last year: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...v-special.html

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 22, 2011 at 9:15 am Reason: bold
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Maybe they grabbed it from this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwZXQNsGL_U
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fork stuck

OK, this is in no way related to American Airlines, the topic is nearly a year old, and it would serve no purpose to cross-post or ship this to another Forum. Please follow BLI-Flyer's link to TravelBuzz! to discuss further.

Thank you. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.