Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Earn 10,000 AAdvantage Miles with Verizon Fios [bundled internet/tv/phone]

Old Jun 20, 11, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

Fine Print from the offer:

Offer for new FiOS TV or Internet residential customers subscribing to a FiOS Triple Play bundle online. Promotional rate available via $30 bill credit for first 12 months only; beginning month 13 standard monthly rates apply. Other fees, taxes, equipment charges & terms apply. Activation fee waived via bill credit. Subject to credit approval & may require a deposit. FiOS available in select areas. Actual speeds may vary. Battery backup for standard fiber-based voice service, FiOS Digital Voice & E911 (but not other voice services) for up to 8 hours. Must sign up by 8/27/11.

Offer listed:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential.../fios1_AA.htm#

I don't work for Verizon or AA, so I have no idea as to whether Verizon/AAdvantage would honor mileage bonuses for people that just signed up for Verizon Fios.
Old Jun 21, 11, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On AAdvantage Facebook they indicated that current subscribers who upgrade are eligible for the bonus miles.
Old Jun 21, 11, 4:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have FIOS so I'll look into this sometime in the next day or two
Old Jun 21, 11, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
Not available in Chicago
Old Jun 21, 11, 9:43 am

Fios promo

Thanks for the link. I already have Fios Internet and TV but no phone. I really like the Fios product but HATE having to deal with Verizon customer service. I tried to see what I could do online but there is no way it seems that I can avoid having multiple follow up calls with them.

Does anyone else feel like they are about to "go postal" when they have to deal with Verizon on the phone with customer service issues? Perhaps I am less tolerant of their incompetence since I have to deal with a business account as well. You would think that the $500+ that I send to Verizon every month between the two could get me better service...
Old Jun 21, 11, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by HighlandVillager
Thanks for the link. I already have Fios Internet and TV but no phone. I really like the Fios product but HATE having to deal with Verizon customer service. I tried to see what I could do online but there is no way it seems that I can avoid having multiple follow up calls with them.

Does anyone else feel like they are about to "go postal" when they have to deal with Verizon on the phone with customer service issues? Perhaps I am less tolerant of their incompetence since I have to deal with a business account as well. You would think that the $500+ that I send to Verizon every month between the two could get me better service...
News flash: customer service is dead. It's all about outsourcing to the cheapest overseas call center whose "agents" read from scripted computer prompts these days.
Old Jun 21, 11, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Verizon's customer service has reduced me to tears on more than one occasion. Tears of frustration, not joy.
Old Sep 29, 11, 9:33 am

Programs: DL FO, A-Club Silver
Where are my miles?!?!?

I recently saw an ad regarding Verizon Fios Service
Phone/Internet/Television package with an offer of 10,000 AAdvantage
miles for registering and signing up by a certain date. At the time, I
had Time Warner Cable, and I switched to Verizon for this reason alone.
I ordered the service on August 2, 2011, and then on August 7, all Fios
workers in my area went on strike, right before my scheduled
installation date of August 9. Not only did I have to wait 3 weeks,
until August 29, for them to finally come out and install, but I was
then not able to register for the reward, and no one wants to
acknowledge the offer, Verizon or American Airlines. I am really sick of
the service that I received from both companies, and feel that if the
terms of the offer are not soon extended to include me, I will cancel
Fios and never fly on American Airlines again.

Neither company seems to want to help me by honoring this offer. I would like the 10,000 miles originally promised
when I signed up for the offer. I signed up with weeks left until the
offer expired, yet with the strike by Verizon workers, I do not feel
like I should lose out on the offer.

Verizon refers me to AA, AA refers me to Verizon, neither party wants to compensate me, it seems, but I posted here as I am waiting on AA miles, and this is the forum. Which one owes me the miles?
Old Sep 29, 11, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
I wish Verizon would spend less on advertising and more on providing service to new areas. It's hard for me to believe coverage is so spotty in a metroplex.
Old Oct 17, 11, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Cityslicker444: Any luck getting the miles? I've been waiting for mine and haven't seen them yet.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: