Search

To EZE, from MIA or JFK on F?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
To EZE, from MIA or JFK on F?

Hi all,
This is my first official post on the AA board , all my previous were on the newbie lounge.

This time I wanted to attract more attention

I will book an AA flight on F for this February with my BA miles and I have as the title says two options.. from MIA or from JFK.

I know that from both destinations I will get the 777 with the AA's Flagship suite, also I am aware that on both airports they have the flagship lounge. Can anyone please tell me if there is any other reason that I have to consider before making my choice (in terms of experience)?

I am temped more for the JFK as I will have longer flight, which means better sleep. Also another reason is that I prefer to spend a weekend in NYC instead of MIA.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you,
Potakas

PS I will read your sticky later on, but feel free to give me any advices in order to enjoy more the Flagship product.

Last edited by potakas; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 pm
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

From what city will you be starting your trip? It's possible that BA would let you have stopovers in both NYC and MIA, if desired.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
JFK. Better crews, longer flight (more time to sleep), much better FL.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

From what city will you be starting your trip? It's possible that BA would let you have stopovers in both NYC and MIA, if desired.
I will have a positioning flight from EDI, I will spend a weekend to MIA or NYC and then I will go to EZE and GIG (GIG different ticket) for the carnival.

I can do stopover in MIA if I start from JFK but I can't have so long vacations. I will stick in only in one US city.

It seems that I was wrong and MIA doesn't have a Flagship lounge.

Flagship Lounge locations:

Chicago: Terminal 3, Gate K19

Los Angeles: Terminal 4, across from Gate 40, entrance through Admirals Club lounge

London Heathrow: Terminal 3, Departure level after Passport Control, Exit Duty Free Lounge and turn right toward Lounge Area H.

New York JFK: Terminal 8, located beyond Security within the new Concourse B Admirals Club Club. (AOL Travel ranked American’s JFK Admirals Club as one of eight airport lounges that is worth waiting in.)

On all the flights I checked (through AA) exMIA and exJFK seems that 1A is reserved. Is that true or is blocked for Elite AA flyers? If so can I reserved it with my OW Sapphire status?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Perhaps 1A is reserved for flight-crew rest?

Last edited by guv1976; Jun 15, 2011 at 12:02 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I'd choose the connection based on scheduling.
Other that, I would consider the weather issues that might occur in February.
Also, JFK seems to have more delays.

MIA doesn't have a FL, but that wouldn't be even close to being a deal breaker for me.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
Other that, I would consider the weather issues that might occur in February.
Also, JFK seems to have more delays.
Are you talking about JFK and a possible snow disruption?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by potakas
It seems that I was wrong and MIA doesn't have a Flagship lounge.
Last I heard it was supposed to reopen, certainly before February. But I haven't been keeping up with the topic.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake

I am temped more for the JFK as I will have longer flight, which means better sleep. Also another reason is that I prefer to spend a weekend in NYC instead of MIA.
You just answered your own question. but...

If you need sleep - JFK ! Arrive relaxed at EZE to enjoy the day....

If you are high maintenance and need attention all the time, I guess either will do. (*) depending on the attitude of the cabin crew.

--J
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:18 am
Original Poster

My Girlfriend prefers MIA, because of the weather... So doesn't matter what I prefer

I booked it on the day flight exMIA AA0961. It is full flexible but I can't see me changing it.

I am not high maintenance neither my girlfriend. We are just going for vacations and we have enough miles for first.

As I said 1A is reserved, so I moved as to 1J,2J . I don't like the middle seats as there are too exposed.

Any other advices? Are my seats good? Are there any problems with the 1 row?

IIRC, I read that on domestic F the service begins from the last rows, is still the case on international F?

Also I remember once that I watched a Youtube video with the presentation of AA's B777 from a stewardess (had a full presentation of the Flagship suite, Business class and Economy). I was searching for that all day but I can't find it, is anyone aware of the link?

It was very useful.

Thank you all, for the replies ^
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My Girlfriend prefers MIA, because of the weather... So doesn't matter what I prefer
I was also going to recommend JFK but looks like that's a moot point now

As I said 1A is reserved, so I moved as to 1J,2J . I don't like the middle seats as there are too exposed.

Any other advices? Are my seats good? Are there any problems with the 1 row?
Travelling as a couple I would go for the middle seats - you can turn your seats and dine facing each other if that floats your boat.

IIRC, I read that on domestic F the service begins from the last rows, is still the case on international F?
Meal orders are taken according to FEBO - Front Even Back Odd -so they should start at the back on your 961 flight
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For couples, the middle seats are preferred - you can converse over the low wall, whereas with the singles one can not, as britenbsas said; my usual favorites are 3D and 3G. And yes, 1A is reserved for the pilot resting, iirc.

See this seat chart on seatguru.com

See this seat chart on seatexpert.com

See this chart on seatplans.com

The Wiki says "The 16 seats are arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, but are staggered across the aisles, so traveling companions may want to select adjacent seats in the center section."
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:37 am
Original Poster

You guys are both right, I show her the seat map and she got mad for not booking the middle ones

If you say so, I will go for the 3rd pair, as the service starts from the back.

Thanks for the seat maps, I also saw a video but is a very bad one. At least I can get an idea of how the cabin is and how the middle seats turn.

Thank you guys, all of you are very helpful.

Last edited by potakas; Jun 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

One of us will have a Low Lactose meal (as meal special request).

Is this going to be a let down?

As I said we have now the 3D,G seats but I like watching out of the window (it is a day-flight), how is the dine together service? One on the seat and the other on the ottoman,is it comfortable at all?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
How is the dine together service? One on the seat and the other on the ottoman,is it comfortable at all?
No need for one of you to use the ottoman. You both stay in your own seat but swivel them 90 degrees so they are facing each other

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.