Current DEQM Promo (ORD/DFW) Works Internationally?

 
Old May 24, 11, 11:51 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,102
Current DEQM Promo (ORD/DFW) Works Internationally?

My sincerest apologies if this topic has been discussed somewhere else - I cannot seem to find it.

Because the current AA DEQM promos work for segments beyond the initial SFO/LAX - DFW/ORD (or VV), are international flights included in the promo, that would earn DEQM?

The terms and conditions say nothing about international flights . . . but, also don't seem very clear on the T/C for segments outside the basic promo DEQM segments, either.

Many thanks for any and all help.
PanHam is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 12:39 pm
  #2  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,828
the 2x eqm is only for the dfw/ord- ca legs iirc....good luck...
clacko is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 12:43 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,102
Originally Posted by clacko View Post
the 2x eqm is only for the dfw/ord- ca legs iirc....good luck...
Hmmm .. . many thanks!

I thought that AA allowed deqm on the other legs (which made it more attractive than the United promotion), but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks, again.
PanHam is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 12:53 pm
  #4  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,641
A few years back they had some promos with DEQM on all flights, everywhere. After that, they had some based on certain segments, but other flights connected to those segments counted as well (the scenario you're referring to). The more recent ones have been more limited (as you are seeing now).

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 1:00 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: MHT/BOS <--> World
Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Posts: 4,567
Originally Posted by PanHam View Post
Hmmm .. . many thanks!

I thought that AA allowed deqm on the other legs (which made it more attractive than the United promotion), but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks, again.
From reading the terms and conditions at each airline:

The UA rules require the ticket to be a roundtrip non-stop between SFO or LAX and ORD or between ORD and LAX or SFO. With UA, having other cities on your ticket negates double EQM on all flgihts.

With AA, there can be other flights on your ticket and the ORD-LAX/SFO part can still earn the DEQM for those qualifying segments. The rest of the flights on your itinerary will not earn the DEQM.
wanaflyforless is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 1:52 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA GLD, SPG GLD
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by brp View Post
A few years back they had some promos with DEQM on all flights, everywhere. After that, they had some based on certain segments, but other flights connected to those segments counted as well (the scenario you're referring to). The more recent ones have been more limited (as you are seeing now).

Cheers.
Not only that, they are limited to residents of CA/TX (DFW) and CA/IL (ORD).
LGAoverJFK is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 1:54 pm
  #7  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,641
Originally Posted by LGAoverJFK View Post
Not only that, they are limited to residents of CA/TX (DFW) and CA/IL (ORD).
Sorry, I'm not seeing a problem with that

(Some previous sorts of deals were limited to NYC residents, so the airline giveth and the airline taketh away.)

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 1:58 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA GLD, SPG GLD
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Some previous sorts of deals were limited to NYC residents, so the airline giveth and the airline taketh away.
That was pretty sweet back in 2009. I made EXP in my first year of flying extensively for business by the skin of my teeth thanks to that promo. ^
LGAoverJFK is offline  
Old May 24, 11, 3:17 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Sorry, I'm not seeing a problem with that

(Some previous sorts of deals were limited to NYC residents, so the airline giveth and the airline taketh away.)

Cheers.
+1. Yeah. NYC and BOS residents got a lot of AA love in previous years. It's now our turn!
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: