Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
65 remaining in inventory at the Costco in Harlem, NY.

Safe Travels
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bought 100 in Marina Del Rey this week - no problem at all.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Bought 100 in Marina Del Rey this week - no problem at all.
You bought $30,000 worth of gift cards?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by jrmstr33
Remember NYC area residents, you can get $50 back with the current AMEX promo this month...

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/getmore/
I got $50 credit already within the same billing period
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
You bought $30,000 worth of gift cards?
For $26,999.00, yeah.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
For $26,999.00, yeah.
Congrats! I hope you have the Executive card!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Congrats! I hope you have the Executive card!
Definitely!

12% off airfare for the next few years seems pretty unbeatable. Worst case, I return some.

I have to say, though, that I was a little dismayed that they don't even scan the cards. If I have a problem with one, will they make good on it? The whole thing seemed very loose. No controls.

It's the curse of SWUs and 500 miles that I have to spend money on airfare to use them, while I'm sitting on a ton of miles (and more coming, due to these cards). My plan is to start using miles for the kids, and paying for me and my wife and getting upgrades.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Definitely!

12% off airfare for the next few years seems pretty unbeatable. Worst case, I return some.

I have to say, though, that I was a little dismayed that they don't even scan the cards. If I have a problem with one, will they make good on it? The whole thing seemed very loose. No controls.

It's the curse of SWUs and 500 miles that I have to spend money on airfare to use them, while I'm sitting on a ton of miles (and more coming, due to these cards). My plan is to start using miles for the kids, and paying for me and my wife and getting upgrades.
Once the PIN code has been exposed, I would guess all bets are off for being able to return them to Costco. I've seen postings about AA working with the card holders to correct problems.

It does seem AA has set the hook to keep us flying on $s.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
When I picked up some cards last week, the clerk told me a story about a customer that came back to the store trying to track the details of his specific cards. Apparently he had made a purchase on the AA website and there was a problem with entering the correct card numbers and it was not ticketed. He threw the cards away before the problem was noticed. I've been putting a sticker on each of my cards showing the itinerary it was used on and throwing them into a desk draw.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Anything at Tustin?

Originally Posted by Brahmin
Plenty of cards available at the Tustin location in Orange County.
Anybody seen cards at the Tustin location lately? Thinking about a trek to Five Guys, but only if I can come up with another good reason for making the drive

~mrs
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
When I picked up some cards last week, the clerk told me a story about a customer that came back to the store trying to track the details of his specific cards. Apparently he had made a purchase on the AA website and there was a problem with entering the correct card numbers and it was not ticketed. He threw the cards away before the problem was noticed. I've been putting a sticker on each of my cards showing the itinerary it was used on and throwing them into a desk draw.
When I used my first stack, I just wrote on each with a Sharpie. I also got a screen shot of the AA screen before I submitted it, just in case.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by tom911
Using one on Thursday night, I noticed a warning along the lines of "retain the card(s) until the reservation became ticketed."

At this point, the res shows as ticketed, and the gift card balance shows as $0 when queried at https://giftcards.aa.com/checkBalanceCustomer.jsp

I'd assumed it was safe to throw it away, but is there any reason I should hold onto it until the trip has been flown?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by swag
I'd assumed it was safe to throw it away, but is there any reason I should hold onto it until the trip has been flown?
The only scenario I can think of is a refund where they want to refund to original form of payment versus giving you a voucher/credit.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:16 pm

Now avaialble in Everett

Costco Everett Massachusetts now has the AA Gift Cards
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Can AA gift cards be use to buy AA miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.