Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: Various
Confirming availabiliy at Pentagon City/Arlington.

Side note: they have a nice cheese selection here..picked up French Comte cheese (makes the best grilled cheese sandwich!)
Old May 29, 2011, 1:20 pm

I mentioned earlier that the rules on the card specify that it's only good for AA flights booked in and originating from the U.S. (+PR, USVI). Since we've gotten in the habit of originating in Europe I was hoping this rule wasn't enforced (and also that the gift cards might be useful for general payments like upgrades etc).

I don't yet know about the 'and also' part, but I tried an on-line booking LHR-LAX-LHR and LAX-LHR-LAX, and the computer certainly knows and obeys - originating LAX, gift card shows up as a payment choice, but it's absent for the opposite direction.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAx
I mentioned earlier that the rules on the card specify that it's only good for AA flights booked in and originating from the U.S. (+PR, USVI). Since we've gotten in the habit of originating in Europe I was hoping this rule wasn't enforced (and also that the gift cards might be useful for general payments like upgrades etc).

I don't yet know about the 'and also' part, but I tried an on-line booking LHR-LAX-LHR and LAX-LHR-LAX, and the computer certainly knows and obeys - originating LAX, gift card shows up as a payment choice, but it's absent for the opposite direction.
so in other words this wont work for international flights( central america and the Caribbean?
Old May 29, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by clos36
so in other words this wont work for international flights( central america and the Caribbean?
It won't work on itineraries originating overseas.

You can book a round-trip itinerary originating in the US with one of these cards with no problem--something like LAX-LHR-LAX would work fine.

It's booking the other way--LHR-LAX-LHR that doesn't work. And unfortunately, foreign-originating tickets are often cheaper than US-originating tickets.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: Various
The rules on the display card stated that these are good on any AA fare, codeshare, or One World partner and fare must be purchased and trip originate in US Caribbean etc
Old May 29, 2011, 9:02 pm

I wonder if these GCs are good for tax on an award booking?
Old May 29, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Picked up 10 today at Pentagon City/Arlington. Clerk stated there was no limit on the number purchased, but a limit of 8 to be used on any ticket.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Robt760
Interesting department for these (according to new products search)

SPORTING GOODS
AMERICAN AIRLINES $300 GIFT CARD 576515

I guess Mileage Runs are now Sporting Goods!?
how did you find this? I looked on costco's website and couldn't find it anywhere
Old May 29, 2011, 10:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Clerk stated there was no limit on the number purchased, but a limit of 8 to be used on any ticket.
Are you expecting to buy a ticket worth over $2,400?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Picked up 10 today at Pentagon City/Arlington. Clerk stated there was no limit on the number purchased, but a limit of 8 to be used on any ticket.
You can buy multiple tickets separately, but they won't be on the same PNR.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:52 am

Anyone found any in NY or CT or the tristate area?

Wow that could be a great deal... Has anyone found these in any Costco in the tristate area (NY/NJ/CT)?

Thanks!

Adele
Old May 30, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by monnyc
I went to the Plano store today and the lady in the cage said they never had AA gift cards. I asked her to look for the item # (thanks OP for posting that), then she pulled a screen for the TX region showing the item (AA gift card), but no entries for TX.
Has anybody inquired for TX locations again? So far hearing only in the California and DC locations.
Old May 30, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by spsawant
Has anybody inquired for TX locations again? So far hearing only in the California and DC locations.
None to be had in the Atlanta Costco in Dunwoody.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by spsawant
I called the Costco in Southlake, TX 3 days ago and was told they did not carry it. Also, no plans of getting it in the near future as well. :-(
Old May 31, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
+ $7 for Priority Mail Shipping with Signature required
First class stamp = $0.44. Signature confirmation = $2.05 (purchased online)
Why would you ship this via Priority Mail? In any case, I agree with your point that this would not be a worthwhile eBay sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.