AA product placement on "Glee" tonight

 
Old May 18, 11, 4:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SFO
Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Posts: 5,378
AA product placement on "Glee" tonight

Best line was "Have you been on their planes? They're immaculate!"
justageek is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 5:11 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by justageek View Post
Best line was "Have you been on their planes? They're immaculate!"
Hahahaha...

That's why you never trust TV.
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 8:42 am
  #3  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,540
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
Hahahaha...

That's why you never trust TV.
What's TV

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 9:03 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by brp View Post
What's TV

Cheers.
That thing with a bieber hovering around you on all your future eastbound flights!
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 9:08 am
  #5  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,540
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
That thing with a bieber hovering around you on all your future eastbound flights!
No wonder we only use our screen at home for movie viewing and don't watch any broadcast (cable or otherwise) television (I think that that's what TV stands for) at all. Bieber, indeed.

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 9:38 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Posts: 774
i'm surprised they used the ticket jackets that say "250 cities in 40 countries" or something like that. it's hard to make out what it even says (unless you're familiar with seeing those ticket jackets on a regular basis). i would have opted for showing a ticket jacket that has the AA logo and colors to increase brand recognition.
mmjaysee is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 9:51 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Posts: 11,877
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
That thing with a bieber hovering around you on all your future eastbound flights!
I was going to see about 20K miles compensation for that one.
Flyer_70 is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 11:14 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: STL
Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Posts: 974
Originally Posted by mmjaysee View Post
i'm surprised they used the ticket jackets that say "250 cities in 40 countries" or something like that. it's hard to make out what it even says (unless you're familiar with seeing those ticket jackets on a regular basis). i would have opted for showing a ticket jacket that has the AA logo and colors to increase brand recognition.
They need to use them up. The new version about to arrive says "40 cities in 250 countries".
siankaan1 is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 11:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by siankaan1 View Post
They need to use them up. The new version about to arrive says "40 cities in 250 countries".
Are these in warring cities that many countries lay claim to?
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 12:40 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Southern California/Los Angeles
Programs: Various
Posts: 2,669
AA posted info about this product placement on their Facebook page and there is a contest/sweepstakes as well.

AA on Facebook
AA Glee Sweepstakes on Facebook
Robt760 is offline  
Old May 18, 11, 3:11 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: FRA and RMS
Programs: AA-PLT/2.37MM (PTD), HHonors, SPG
Posts: 1,187
Originally Posted by Robt760 View Post
AA posted info about this product placement on their Facebook page and there is a contest/sweepstakes as well.

AA on Facebook
AA Glee Sweepstakes on Facebook
And when you click on the Enter Now! button you get the following:

Access my basic information
Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone.


It's a marketer's dream come true.

No thanks, I'll pass.
Alka is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: