Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
This thread is now archived and has been replaced with a new thread discussing the current access scheme:
Admirals Club / AC members' access to Alaska Airlines / AS Board Room (consolidated)

On November 7, 2014, the LAX Alaska Airlines® Board Room was added to AA flyers / AC members:

Originally Posted by jkazski
Went to the LAX AS Boardroom today. Sign outside the elevators now says AA/US club members welcome.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yup. Board Room access rules changed today.

All clubs: Access for all AC members with same day ticket (or redeye arrival) on AA, US or AS.

LAX only: Access for Plat/EXP flying international (AA definition) and AA customers flying international or to/from MIA/JFK in first/business (in other words, same lounge access rules as if it were a OW lounge). This special rule for LAX is no doubt because of AA's long-term lease of space at T6.
On May 26, 2011, AA sent out an official email announcing this agreement

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/ACExpandAccess.jsp

"Member Access to Select Alaska Airlines® Board Rooms

Your Admirals Club (and now US Airways Club) membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club (or US Airways Club) membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines (or US Airways). Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge. Note: Citi AAdvantage Executive card confers full Admirals Club membership to the primary (not subsidiary) cardholder; most, if not all, cards have the Admirals Club title and emblem on the reverse side of the card.

Airport and Location
. . . ● Anchorage International Airport (ANC): Concourse C, near Gate C1
. . . ● Portland International Airport (PDX): Concourse C, next to Gate C4
. . . ● Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA): Just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint

Through our new expanded lounge access program, Admirals Club members now enjoy the ability to visit Alaska Airlines Board Room locations when traveling through these three cities.

More recently: "Must present Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft." (aa.com)

NOTE: AS is not a oneworld member, nor affiliate; oneworld lounge access rules are not pertinent. Class of service access rules to Admirals Clubs also do not pertain to this AA-AS agreement.

Alaska Airlines is a registered trademark of Alaska Air Group, Inc."

Alaska Airlines Board Room Hours and Locations
Print Wikipost

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
SEA - Alaska club for Admiral's Club Member?

I seem to remember an email or something about Admiral's Club members being allowed to use the Alaska Airlines club at Sea-Tac. We were there last weekend, but I couldn't figure out where it was. AA is way off at the end of the A section. The airport signs didn't note club locations, and the airport volunteer girl had no idea what I was talking about.

Where is the Alaska club?

Do you have to go outside security to get there from the A concourse? (SEA has a pretty bad setup for security and that would not work.)

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Board Room Locations & Hours
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
I seem to remember an email or something about Admiral's Club members being allowed to use the Alaska Airlines club at Sea-Tac. We were there last weekend, but I couldn't figure out where it was. AA is way off at the end of the A section. The airport signs didn't note club locations, and the airport volunteer girl had no idea what I was talking about.

Where is the Alaska club?

Do you have to go outside security to get there from the A concourse? (SEA has a pretty bad setup for security and that would not work.)

Thanks
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...sea+board+room

The SEA Board Room is at the intersection of C and D concourses. All inside security.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Thanks. We could have walked that far, had we known!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
I just renewed my BR membership for another year, but this may be the last. Most of my flying is on AA and I have AC membership. I could probably purchase day passes when I want BR access and flying on AS, and come out ahead.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Has anyone been successful recently using a 30 Day AC pass receipt to access the Board Room?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You need to remember as much as they need to be told - there is no such thing as a "thirty day pass", it's a thirty day membership, with all rights that accrue thereto - guests, etc. Print out the proper page form aa.com and take the receipt and have them call Admirals Club main number if they doubt.

Originally Posted by dat4life
Has anyone been successful recently using a 30 Day AC pass receipt to access the Board Room?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Board Room Access during MR, including SEA-ANC-SEA?

I'm doing an MR (AUS-DFW-SEA-ANC-SEA-DFW-AUS). Flying AS on the SEA-ANC-SEA segments on AA code share. I'm assuming I should have no issues with BR access in SEA and ANC. Can anyone confirm?

I have my AC membership through the Citi Exec card, which, according to earlier posts, should not be a problem.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm doing an MR (AUS-DFW-SEA-ANC-SEA-DFW-AUS). Flying AS on the SEA-ANC-SEA segments on AA code share. I'm assuming I should have no issues with BR access in SEA and ANC. Can anyone confirm?

I have my AC membership through the Citi Exec card, which, according to earlier posts, should not be a problem.
Last time I was at ANC in July, I was asked to show my Admirals Club card, and had no problem. Don't know about the Citi card.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

Did the rules change?

I thought for BR access, you had to be flying on an AA operated AND marketed flight. Which means neither an AA flight with an AS code, nor an AS flight with an AA code. Or is it also valid when connecting to/from an AA operated and marketed flight? As in part of the itinerary.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Has anyone recently used the CITI Exec card to gain access?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Did the rules change?

I thought for BR access, you had to be flying on an AA operated AND marketed flight. Which means neither an AA flight with an AS code, nor an AS flight with an AA code. Or is it also valid when connecting to/from an AA operated and marketed flight? As in part of the itinerary.
Originally Posted by mrowl
Last time I was at ANC in July, I was asked to show my Admirals Club card, and had no problem. Don't know about the Citi card.
I'm going to try to do some deductive reasoning (hard for me, trust me)

If mrowl was able to access the BR in ANC, and AA doesn't fly there, then access is granted on code share flights.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
i'm going to try to do some deductive reasoning (hard for me, trust me)

if mrowl was able to access the br in anc, and aa doesn't fly there, then access is granted on code share flights.
aa 279 dfw-anc?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
aa 279 dfw-anc?
Weird. That option wasn't given me when I booked. My bad.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Weird. That option wasn't given me when I booked. My bad.
I think that service is seasonal and will end very soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.