Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
This thread is now archived and has been replaced with a new thread discussing the current access scheme:
Admirals Club / AC members' access to Alaska Airlines / AS Board Room (consolidated)

On November 7, 2014, the LAX Alaska Airlines® Board Room was added to AA flyers / AC members:

Originally Posted by jkazski
Went to the LAX AS Boardroom today. Sign outside the elevators now says AA/US club members welcome.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yup. Board Room access rules changed today.

All clubs: Access for all AC members with same day ticket (or redeye arrival) on AA, US or AS.

LAX only: Access for Plat/EXP flying international (AA definition) and AA customers flying international or to/from MIA/JFK in first/business (in other words, same lounge access rules as if it were a OW lounge). This special rule for LAX is no doubt because of AA's long-term lease of space at T6.
On May 26, 2011, AA sent out an official email announcing this agreement

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/ACExpandAccess.jsp

"Member Access to Select Alaska Airlines® Board Rooms

Your Admirals Club (and now US Airways Club) membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club (or US Airways Club) membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines (or US Airways). Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge. Note: Citi AAdvantage Executive card confers full Admirals Club membership to the primary (not subsidiary) cardholder; most, if not all, cards have the Admirals Club title and emblem on the reverse side of the card.

Airport and Location
. . . ● Anchorage International Airport (ANC): Concourse C, near Gate C1
. . . ● Portland International Airport (PDX): Concourse C, next to Gate C4
. . . ● Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA): Just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint

Through our new expanded lounge access program, Admirals Club members now enjoy the ability to visit Alaska Airlines Board Room locations when traveling through these three cities.

More recently: "Must present Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft." (aa.com)

NOTE: AS is not a oneworld member, nor affiliate; oneworld lounge access rules are not pertinent. Class of service access rules to Admirals Clubs also do not pertain to this AA-AS agreement.

Alaska Airlines is a registered trademark of Alaska Air Group, Inc."

Alaska Airlines Board Room Hours and Locations
Print Wikipost

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Old May 27, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Originally Posted by fastflyer

For we Admirals Clubmembers traveling to the Pac NW via ORD or DFW, it makes life a lot more pleasant.
... and for Seattle based BR members, it makes for an even more crowded lounge.
Already unpleasantly crowded with hi passengers in the am.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by lalakrsfan
Agree with previous posters, this doesn't seem like a partnership at all. In fact, the AA/AS partnership seems to be going in the opposite direction. Making my quarterly trip from SMF to YVR next week on AS flights and wasn't able to select any of the premium (MVP/Gold & Coach Unrestricted) seats like I have done in the past. I called AS customer service and agent explained that they recently signed a deal with Delta that made it so that AAdvantage/Oneworld members no longer get the benefit. Even so, she change my seats to premium locations so I can't complain about this trip but future ones are in question. I also take the DFW to YVR route a few times a year so disappointed that the YVR BR isn't included.
I give this almost zero chance of being true. AS management has actually announced tentative plans for expanded reciprocal benefits later this year or 2012.

It was misinterpretation by an agent who may have been trying to offer insight, but didn't really know what he/she was talking about.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:06 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The YVR Board Room closed in January. It's now a plaza premium lounge and is accessible with priority pass.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:20 pm

... and for Seattle based BR members, it makes for an even more crowded lounge.
Hopefully this will nudge AS to get started on their planned N Terminal BR all the sooner.
Old May 27, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Originally Posted by HNL
Nope. AA Flight Number AND AA Metal DEPARTURES only. No AS codeshares on AA metal and No AA codeshares on AS metal.

OK...so when I head south and fly KTN-SEA-DFW, with the SEA-DFW leg booked on AA ticket and AA metal, then I can use the BR?

Not that I would, but it's nice to know in case I get tired of my usual SEA hangouts.
Old May 29, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Free Agent
Originally Posted by AUS2008
OK...so when I head south and fly KTN-SEA-DFW, with the SEA-DFW leg booked on AA ticket and AA metal, then I can use the BR?
Yes. Another data point, I flew SEA-LAX-BOS today, only the last on AA metal, and was granted access at SEA this morning. Just needed one AA segment today, according to staff.

The processing was on paper, but by length of the list, and her sigh, this is a pretty popular new benefit for AC members.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Rules for Board Room Access

Here's the deal:
Admirals Club members are allowed access to AS Board Rooms in ANC/PDX/SEA only and must be flying on an AA flight number and AA plane and access the club the same day you fly. No other exceptions. This is not reciprocal throughout the Board Room network but hey, it gets me into a club in SEA which is what I (and fellow AC members) have been wanting.

Thank you AA for expanding my access, YOU ROCK!!
Old May 31, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by AdmiralGuru
Here's the deal:
Admirals Club members are allowed access to AS Board Rooms in ANC/PDX/SEA only and must be flying on an AA flight number and AA plane and access the club the same day you fly. No other exceptions. This is not reciprocal throughout the Board Room network but hey, it gets me into a club in SEA which is what I (and fellow AC members) have been wanting.

I am a fellow AC member and also a BR member. For those of us here in SEA, a more crowded BR is a negative.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AdmiralGuru

I am a fellow AC member and also a BR member. For those of us here in SEA, a more crowded BR is a negative.
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
P. Simon

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Come on, you can't have it all to yourself
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
Thumbs up

My first visit to the board room and I like it. The Wi-Fi is simple to connect to (Not sure why AA makes it so difficult for some people to access). The snacks (soup and veggies were nice.) Although some ACs have veggies from time to time they had plenty for all. Complimentary drinks, too. I have not pushed the 3 limit, though...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has anyone has encountered difficulty accessing any of the three boardrooms with a different itinerary later same-day flight on AA metal, but their immediate departure not on AA? For example, accessing the SEA BR when flying AS from SEA-LAX and departing LAX on AA but with two separate itineraries?

The rules don't seem to prohibit this (and at least one member here has reported sucess with the above example on a single itinerary) - but I'm curious if anyone has any first hand experience with two separate itineraries?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone has encountered difficulty accessing any of the three boardrooms with a different itinerary later same-day flight on AA metal, but their immediate departure not on AA? For example, accessing the SEA BR when flying AS from SEA-LAX and departing LAX on AA but with two separate itineraries?

The rules don't seem to prohibit this (and at least one member here has reported sucess with the above example on a single itinerary) - but I'm curious if anyone has any first hand experience with two separate itineraries?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
I did just that at the PDX Boardroom earlier this month when flying PDX-LAX-JFK. No problem accessing the club at all.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Has anyone tried using one-day AC passes in SEA?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
I used the SEA Board Room with my Admiral's Club membership last week before my SEA-DFW flight on AA. Very pleasant agent at front desk, wrote down my information manually on some kind of log. Nice to have access to a club since the demise of the SEA AC, but the Board Room was very crowded (actually could not find a seat) with a long line in front of the little window that serves as the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.