Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
This thread is now archived and has been replaced with a new thread discussing the current access scheme:
Admirals Club / AC members' access to Alaska Airlines / AS Board Room (consolidated)

On November 7, 2014, the LAX Alaska Airlines® Board Room was added to AA flyers / AC members:

Originally Posted by jkazski
Went to the LAX AS Boardroom today. Sign outside the elevators now says AA/US club members welcome.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yup. Board Room access rules changed today.

All clubs: Access for all AC members with same day ticket (or redeye arrival) on AA, US or AS.

LAX only: Access for Plat/EXP flying international (AA definition) and AA customers flying international or to/from MIA/JFK in first/business (in other words, same lounge access rules as if it were a OW lounge). This special rule for LAX is no doubt because of AA's long-term lease of space at T6.
On May 26, 2011, AA sent out an official email announcing this agreement

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/ACExpandAccess.jsp

"Member Access to Select Alaska Airlines® Board Rooms

Your Admirals Club (and now US Airways Club) membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club (or US Airways Club) membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines (or US Airways). Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge. Note: Citi AAdvantage Executive card confers full Admirals Club membership to the primary (not subsidiary) cardholder; most, if not all, cards have the Admirals Club title and emblem on the reverse side of the card.

Airport and Location
. . . ● Anchorage International Airport (ANC): Concourse C, near Gate C1
. . . ● Portland International Airport (PDX): Concourse C, next to Gate C4
. . . ● Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA): Just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint

Through our new expanded lounge access program, Admirals Club members now enjoy the ability to visit Alaska Airlines Board Room locations when traveling through these three cities.

More recently: "Must present Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card (or 30 Day Membership receipt) and boarding pass for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft." (aa.com)

NOTE: AS is not a oneworld member, nor affiliate; oneworld lounge access rules are not pertinent. Class of service access rules to Admirals Clubs also do not pertain to this AA-AS agreement.

Alaska Airlines is a registered trademark of Alaska Air Group, Inc."

Alaska Airlines Board Room Hours and Locations
Print Wikipost

ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Don't expect access to the BA lounge unless you are flying BA in J or F. They have some BS piece of paper that includes only those passengers regardless of the wording at both the BA and OW website. When pushed, they said it was a capacity issue even though it appeared at 50%. No recognition of OW emerald on international travel here.
Have people had experience being allowed or denied entry going in on BA status? One might expect more leeway as it's a BA lounge..
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
The BA lounge in SEA has pretty short hours, and its location is inconvenient for domestic flights. Considering that, I would hope they'd let BA exec in if they made the effort, but I've never tried.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I've read the thread but just want to clarify - at PDX it sounds like if I arrive on an AA flight and show them the DFW - PDX boarding pass along with my Citi Exec card (which includes full 100% AC membership) I should be fine?

I am continuing on a same-day AS flight (AA marketed / codeshare but AS operated) but from what I've read it seems like that BP is ineligible.

Worst case I still have my UC membership through the middle of the year so I can just walk over there instead if need be
Old May 1, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I've read the thread but just want to clarify - at PDX it sounds like if I arrive on an AA flight and show them the DFW - PDX boarding pass along with my Citi Exec card (which includes full 100% AC membership) I should be fine?

I am continuing on a same-day AS flight (AA marketed / codeshare but AS operated) but from what I've read it seems like that BP is ineligible.

Worst case I still have my UC membership through the middle of the year so I can just walk over there instead if need be
Yes, you should have access. I've used the Board Room on arrival before. I know there was a point where some of the BR staff wasn't aware that the Citi card gives a full Admirals Club membership, but they should be aware now.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Majuki
Yes, you should have access. I've used the Board Room on arrival before. I know there was a point where some of the BR staff wasn't aware that the Citi card gives a full Admirals Club membership, but they should be aware now.
Okay cool - like I said worst case I go eat processed cheese and drink cheap wine / beer from the UC instead but it'd be nice not to walk all the way over there
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Apologize for the newbie question in advance. I seem to get conflicting info regarding gaining access to Admirals Club when not flying AA. We'll be flying SEA to ATL on Southwest. Will we be able to access Alaska Board Room in SEA?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Namaste1
Apologize for the newbie question in advance. I seem to get conflicting info regarding gaining access to Admirals Club when not flying AA. We'll be flying SEA to ATL on Southwest. Will we be able to access Alaska Board Room in SEA?
Nope, not under the current rules. You must have an AA marketed and operated flight in the mix.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
aa.com agrees:

Your Admirals Club membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines. Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Nope, not under the current rules. You must have an AA marketed and operated flight in the mix.
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
aa.com agrees:

Your Admirals Club membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines. Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge.
Thank you for your reply. That's my understanding as well from reading the rules on aa.com but just wanted to double check. So, Admirals club access is okay for flying non aa but not Alaska Board Room. Got it!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:39 am

Sorry if this is redundant. I booked R/T in first class using AA miles IND to SEA. My return is on Alaska in first SEA to PHL, shows fare code "A" on ticket. The connection is PHL to Ind on US same day. It would appear either flight would allow Alaska board room access with my Admirals Club membership?

But, AC policy for first class paid or award states "excluding reciprocal agreements with other airline clubrooms" Wasn't sure what that exclusion means. Does that mean the first ticket (SEA to PHL) will not get me in the lounge but the connection PHL to IND will get us in the Alaska board room? Thanks!

Last edited by apex; Jun 18, 2014 at 10:07 am Reason: error
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by apex
Sorry if this is redundant. I booked R/T in first class using AA miles IND to SEA. My return is on Alaska in first SEA to PHL, shows fare code "A" on ticket. The connection is PHL to Ind on US same day. It would appear either flight would allow Alaska board room access with my Admirals Club membership?

But, AC policy for first class paid or award states "excluding reciprocal agreements with other airline clubrooms" Wasn't sure what that exclusion means. Does that mean the first ticket (SEA to PHL) will not get me in the lounge but the connection PHL to IND will get us in the Alaska board room? Thanks!
Just the SEA-PHL ticket on Alaska in First gets you Board Room access, regardless of whether you're an AC member or not.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Just the SEA-PHL ticket on Alaska in First gets you Board Room access, regardless of whether you're an AC member or not.
Specifically booked in F, D, P, or A class grants Alaska Boardroom Access. If you are upgraded (U class) Boardroom access must be obtained by another method.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:20 am

Thanks for the helpful information. At least I know when my wife and I show up at the Alaska Board Room we will be admitted without the Admirals Club membership, but due to the First Class "A" fare code.
The same day connection on either AA or US only refers to connecting out of SEA, not a same day connection out of another city such as PHL which we have...makes sense. Only my second flight ever on Alaska and my first in first.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
aa.com agrees:

So if I'm on DFW-SEA on AA, I'm fine in SEA.

What about when I take SEA-ANC on AS? Would my DFW-SEA on AA on the same day give me access in ANC?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
So if I'm on DFW-SEA on AA, I'm fine in SEA.

What about when I take SEA-ANC on AS? Would my DFW-SEA on AA on the same day give me access in ANC?
Per a strict reading of the terms & conditions - yes

presenting a valid Admirals Club membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines.
It just notes same day, doesn't note same airport. BoardRoom desk may interpret it directly, but I'd take a printout with me and see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.