Military boarding first

Old May 3, 2011, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Military boarding first

Novel boarding on today's 1352 from DFW to OKC. The GA invited uniformed military personal to board first, prior to FC, and recited a pseudo-patriotic, pseudo-religious speech along with a request for everyone to applaud the military. After boarding was complete the same GA came on-board and repeated the speech, again asking for a round of applause. I assume this is just an over-patriotic GA and not a new procedure. I know AA are an American company, but really any airline with an international operation should be a bit more controlled in showing support to the beliefs of one country.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
AA has always had a history of being a pro military airline. Military boarding seems to be very inconsistent. I have noticed that it is not as common as it once was, and I think it's the choice of the GA for how they want to do it.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Posts have been deleted that were personal exchanges.
Posts have been deleted that were OMNI/PR.

There are plenty threads throughout the AA forum where most everyone has had ample opportunity to voice whether they are for or against the policy. Do a search for military. Please feel free to read them or post in OMNI/PR as we are not going down that road today.

Thread closed.

~moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.