STL Terminal Updates (post Apr 22, 2011 tornado)

Old May 20, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Sitting in the STL AC now. Asked how the new AC plans are coming along and if there were any updates to the re-opening.

Sounds like the airport/city are delaying fixing that area, and the open date of the lounge has been pushed back by AA until towards later this year (Oct/Nov).
Old May 20, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by hockeystl
At the time that the US move to A was planned, DL was seriously considering adding both LAX and BOS out of STL. They also had mainline service on every flight out of STL to DTW/ATL/MSP early last year. STL was getting substantial attention from DL during this period as Hank Halter, their CFO, was personally involved in the operations of this station. The former station manager, Bob Carter, reported directly to Hank...that's how hands-on DL was at the time on STL. My understanding was Hank was also involved in arranging the DEQM promo the past couple years that all us STL-based benefited from. There was a big drive to increase market share for DL in STL and I believe that push has subsided....

The current situation is Hank is no longer with the company and, AFAIK, no other exec has taken over in the direct oversight of STL. ML service has also been cut to both DTW and MSP in the past year.

DL is still a great choice for STL-based FF'rs but the once big dreams we all had of additional NS destinations, and our own SC, have passed.
DL is keeping growth tight across the system, not just STL. The DCA loss was very much tied to DL losing a ton of slots at DCA. As a DCA based flier it is a bit difficult. Now they only connect to their hubs.

I'm from STL, so I still come in town a few times a year. I still use DL and just connect in DTW or ATL.

In response to US moving to C, it's a smart move for many reasons. First off C has a ton of space and if the airport wants anyone to grow, there's the opportunity. By making A less cramped, it gives the airlines in A more space. As someone who remembers the days of Ozark and TWA I like the renovations and improvements. Thank goodness the old shinny, low ceiling in baggage claim is history!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
American Airlines laying off 164 Lambert Airport employees

Approximately 16 employees will be let go on or around November 16, with another 148 employees being released on or around December 16.

Dozens of mechanic positions are being eliminated, as well as fleet service clerks and crew chiefs. The full breakdown of job classifications being affected is as follows:

7 Airport Agents
9 Management / Support Staff
11 Plane Maintenance
19 Stock Clerks
36 Fleet Service Clerks / Crew Chiefs
82 Mechanics
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I've watched it become increasingly difficult to fly AA from here. Not impossible, but difficult. Now, it may be at the point where I just don't want to spend three hours in ORD/DFW between flights. Still the best option for me in terms of international, though. The FF equity and status (going away this year) still gives me upgrade possibilities.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*

It really is sad how AA has all but abandoned STL. If only we could get JetBlue to establish a mid-continent hub here. (Yes, I'm dreaming.) Apparently they like historical TWA buildings (T5 JFK). We've got 'em!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:51 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Just reading the Post on line while on the road and see AA and the Airport struck a deal in the bankruptcy to reject all but 4 gates. Anybody know if that is what they have now in the post tornado world or are they downsizing even more.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:57 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abk
Just reading the Post on line while on the road and see AA and the Airport struck a deal in the bankruptcy to reject all but 4 gates. Anybody know if that is what they have now in the post tornado world or are they downsizing even more.
AA operates from 4 gates.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by HNL
AA operates from 4 gates.
So out of all of Concourse C AA only has 4 gates?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pkerr
So out of all of Concourse C AA only has 4 gates?
Yep. 6,8,10 and 12.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
I did not see this posted about STL but this looks like AA and the airport have came to an agreement.

http://hazelwood.patch.com/articles/...ment-agreement
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:50 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...4adb61bc3.html
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*

Anyone think that AA might not reopen the AC after this announcement? They're drastically reducing the square footage they're leasing. Part of that might be the AC.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
Anyone think that AA might not reopen the AC after this announcement? They're drastically reducing the square footage they're leasing. Part of that might be the AC.
There's another thread you can search for. Try Harlan, bartender, and club and it ought to pop up. They've invested quite a bit of money and in the club there is a sign announcing the reopening for Summer '13. However, anything is possible....
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:11 pm

I think this is the thread flyforawg is talking about.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Harlan and Tim the bartender are awesome people, but I think the AAngels in the STL club are some of the best in the system. It's always a pleasure for me to walk into that club, even if the temp club is kind of shabby right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.