Wiki Posts
Search

Good enforcement of food order taking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Thumbs up Good enforcement of food order taking

For flight 915 from MIA to BOG on 4/21 at least six of the people in J were non-revs and the purser was very careful to skip over them while doing the food ordering and come back to them only after the fare paying passengers had chosen. I'm not sure if this is policy or not, but it's very refreshing to see this done, especially given how some FAs can't even implement FEBO properly.

Incidentally, yesterday's BOG to MIA flight 916 was a refitted 757 with the 737-style F seats. Never seen one of these before. Anyone know how many are in service? I assume they will all be upgraded eventually.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:01 pm

Do reward seats count as non-revs?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by pequalsmd
Non-rev tend to be airline employees and their families; those whom are flying standby.

Whether this is policy or not, this was smart thinking by this FA, and definitely deserves appreciation. Because F always runs out of meal choices, it's fair to allow paid customers to have the first choice.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
Incidentally, yesterday's BOG to MIA flight 916 was a refitted 757 with the 737-style F seats. Never seen one of these before. Anyone know how many are in service? I assume they will all be upgraded eventually.
≈8, according to Traveling Better: http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...?t=3713&page=6

See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
No. Award seats are "paid" for with the miles. Non-revs tend to be employees (and family/friends) travelling on free or highly discounted passes that are part of the employee's compensation package
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Redhead is correct, award travel is revenue--in fact, the airline recognises a certain amount of revenue on its financials any time a mile is redeemed for anything, so in that sense it is not just treated as revenue, it actually is revenue.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
^
This would never happen on Delta out of LAX anywhere. Kudos to the FA.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.330 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by Microwave
Redhead is correct, award travel is revenue--in fact, the airline recognises a certain amount of revenue on its financials any time a mile is redeemed for anything, so in that sense it is not just treated as revenue, it actually is revenue.
Unless things have changed, doesn't AA recognize a reduction in the liability shown for its issued but unused miles every time miles are redeemed? I could look at AA's financials but that's not so easy for us Blackberry dinosaurs.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
For flight 915 from MIA to BOG on 4/21 at least six of the people in J were non-revs and the purser was very careful to skip over them while doing the food ordering and come back to them only after the fare paying passengers had chosen. I'm not sure if this is policy or not, but it's very refreshing to see this done, especially given how some FAs can't even implement FEBO properly.

Thats good to hear on the order taking. Sounds like a great FA.

On the 757s, they are all scheduled to undergo the renovations and new seats (along with 110v power). I don't know of a published schedule though. I'm sure another member can chime in with that.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DillMan
Unless things have changed, doesn't AA recognize a reduction in the liability shown for its issued but unused miles every time miles are redeemed? I could look at AA's financials but that's not so easy for us Blackberry dinosaurs.
Yes, they would reduce the liability associated with miles when they are redeemed. If all miles were redeemed today (imagine the award ticket availability!), the liability would be reduced to zero at the end of the day.

With dual-entry accounting, however, there needs to be another side to the entry, they can't just reduce a liability without adjusting another account.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Nuts to the airline employees traveling for free, but if I'm on an award ticket I expect to be treated the same as a customer who has paid cash for their ticket.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
[dmsdfw;16284606]For flight 915 from MIA to BOG on 4/21 at least six of the people in J were non-revs and the purser was very careful to skip over them while doing the food ordering and come back to them only after the fare paying passengers had chosen. I'm not sure if this is policy or not, but it's very refreshing to see this done, especially given how some FAs can't even implement FEBO properly...........QUOTE]

Just recently my husband were on a flight in F (737) and the FA took the orders of the non-revs (there were 2) just as if they were paying - they got the only 2 cereal breakfasts.

Last edited by alfagirl; Apr 28, 2011 at 8:57 pm Reason: correction
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Unless the non-revs are in uniform, how can you tell they are non-revs?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:44 am

Wow! an FA did their job correctly?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Unless the non-revs are in uniform, how can you tell they are non-revs?
I'd always assumed that the passenger manifest handed by the GAs to the purser contained at least some information on the passenger type. Perhaps someone in the know can confirm this.

As for the flight in question here, four of the six non-revs were easily identifiable as a AA employee wearing her ID badge along with partner and two children. The other two had no "distinguishing marks". It's the fact that the FA skipped over these two seemingly "normal" passengers when taking the meal orders that piqued my attention to what he was doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.