Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting miles from Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Crediting miles from Cathay Pacific

Last august, I flew from SFO to SIN via HKG on a codeshare AA/Cathay Pacific flight. I thought that I'd gotten the AA code, but I suppose that I must have gotten the Cathay code instead.

At HKG, on the way to SIN, an AA employee approached me and asked if I would be willing to switch to an earlier flight as the one that I was booked on was oversubscribed. I agreed and switched.

When I got home, the return trip (SIN->HKG->SFO) posted to my account, but the trip out did not. I submitted the trip through the AA system and a few weeks later, it came back as denied. I resubmitted with a faxed letter of explanation and it was denied again.

All of the flights are of code levels listed on the AA website as eligible for mileage credit from Cathay. The return trip which was credited automatically is of the same code level as the trip out which was not.

Who can I contact to get this cleared up? Do I try to go further up the chain in AA or do I contact someone at Cathay? Is there a list somewhere that shows who to talk to?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You need to call AAdvantage Customer Service to get it cleared up, not the normal reservations line. The phone number should be listed under the "Contact AA" section at aa.com.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by couponhead
Last august, I flew from SFO to SIN via HKG on a codeshare AA/Cathay Pacific flight. I thought that I'd gotten the AA code, but I suppose that I must have gotten the Cathay code instead.

At HKG, on the way to SIN, an AA employee approached me and asked if I would be willing to switch to an earlier flight as the one that I was booked on was oversubscribed. I agreed and switched.

When I got home, the return trip (SIN->HKG->SFO) posted to my account, but the trip out did not. I submitted the trip through the AA system and a few weeks later, it came back as denied. I resubmitted with a faxed letter of explanation and it was denied again.

All of the flights are of code levels listed on the AA website as eligible for mileage credit from Cathay. The return trip which was credited automatically is of the same code level as the trip out which was not.
Who can I contact to get this cleared up? Do I try to go further up the chain in AA or do I contact someone at Cathay? Is there a list somewhere that shows who to talk to?
What are the fare classes? If you were on the CX marketed and operated flight in coach only Y,B, and H classes are eligible for miles. If on an AA marketed CX operated flight the normal AA fare classes (Y, B, H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O*, S) are eligible for miles. If you were booked in H or above you will need to contact CS as suggested by the above poster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.