Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

In between 1M and 2M here. I'll probably go ahead and cancel my card too if the change to the MM program is indeed made- I can't justify the $85 annual fee for 1M/$1 and nothing more. I do have a Bronze card as well with a much higher credit line that's 1M/$2 w/o annual fee that I'd of course keep.

Perhaps if this change takes place there will be an uptick in benefits elsewhere. Who knows?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 2MM, AAdmirals Club, SPG Platinum
While there is discussion in this thread (and, of course, others) that the MM program is "unofficial/undocumented," AA at least acknowledges (markets?) it in one of the MEMBERS|30 videos, "Here and there."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykzIgXHM0tU

"Hi, I'm Greg and I'm a 4 Million Miler in the American AAdvantage program. Although I live here just outside of Chicago...."

Could this be a soft intro down the path of making the program official? (Or am I giving AA Marketing too much credit?)
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:20 pm

It's also mentioned here in regard to free luggage tags. Only place I can find it on AA.com.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thehawk75
I just switched my view to another month where I had flight activity, and when I generated this print summary, indeed my flight miles also appeared as 0's in the Million Miler summary. So, safe to conclude that the 0's are mere place holders (or null values being reformatted to 0's) -- for now anyway.

I can only hope that if AA is going to change the rules for MM, that they'll give some of us who are close a chance to squeak in under the old rules. I can only hope though.
Also just saw on the mobile website "million Miler miles consist of miles earned prior and miles earned since " so definately a change sounds like they will be doing it like delta did
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
According to AA the Million Mile program is an undocumented benefit and as such it is subject to change at any time. Maybe now they have decided to make changes. On AA I don't have anything stating I've achieved 1 Million Miles other than "Program to Date Miles". Of course I did hit a Million Miles several years ago. Maybe we'll be grandfathered?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Also just saw on the mobile website "million Miler miles consist of miles earned prior and miles earned since " so definately a change sounds like they will be doing it like delta did
Just saw this, too. The wording has definitely changed since this morning. Definitely something in the works. Not the worst change in the world for me, though I was looking forward to earning lifetime status. Interested to see how this will play out.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Wierd I am not seeing that footnote...

Dan
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Interesting that there was no rumor/frenzy leading up to this. Didn't we used to have good AA sources on here who would tip us off to these things?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:44 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thank goodness I am somewhere around the 3.4M neighborhood. I realize that's nothing compared to most people, but I feel relatively safe with this.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Interesting that there was no rumor/frenzy leading up to this. Didn't we used to have good AA sources on here who would tip us off to these things?
They left for TB.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
The key phrase in your post is "used to."
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA LTPlt,DL Silv,SPG Gld,HH Diamond,Mar Silv,IHG Gld
I am 100k short of 4 mil I will miss the 4 swu's if they change the program as most of miles are from spending on AA card
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime PLT, DL Gold, US Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Bugs in the system?

It looks like AA's system might simply have a few bugs. I am travelling tomorrow from JFK to LAX and got upgraded to Business at the usual 100-hour mark. Until yesterday, the upgrade tab was showing the upgrade as "Confirmed" with the check box option to change my itinerary. Today, the upgrade tab shows "Requested" with no check box option next to my itinerary.

Perhaps the speculations in this thread are not as threatening we all seem to imply?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:00 pm

4 EVIPs at 1m?

somewhere earlier in the thread mention was made of 4EVIPs for reaching 1 million, along with lifetime gold. I thought the EVIPs gift was for non-US accounts and that US accounts got 500 milers... can anyone clarify further?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I am so impressed by the sleuthing ability this group has! The analysis, the creativity, it's all incredible. Seriously. This group amazes me.

I'm pretty far away from 1M (584) so while I was really making a concerted effort the past 6 months to get to 1M, if they make a change to BIS miles only, it'll be my bones with the status.

Sigh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.