Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Does anyone recall when Citibank usually deposits the credit card bonus miles? Just opened one recently for the VISA and already hit the min. req'd spent for the bonus miles. Did they post it immediately, or if posted later, was it dated to the date when you hit the requirement? It's been quite a while since I reapplied for my AA mile credit card since already have the MC and the AMEX.

Hopefully the 30k bonus gets credited before the cut off?
Old May 2, 2011, 10:21 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by ACEIV
July 31st to get all of your points in for Million Mile Credit.

Done deal.

Can't disclose source.

Please don't flame, but it should help some of you plan for the coming change.

Alex
+1, I figured as much. Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:22 am
uxb

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Do you guys know when Citibank usually deposits the credit card bonus miles? Just opened one recently for 30k and already hit the min. req'd spent for the bonus miles.

Do they post it immediately, or if posted later, is it dated to the date when you hit the requirement?

Hopefully the 30k bonus gets credited before the cut off.
I think it is one or two statement cycles after qualifying.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uxb
It's actually usually one or two days after the close of the statement in which you qualify.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by uxb
My personal experience (my wife as well count as 2) last year, showed up in the same statement as qualifying month. NOT 1 or two statement after.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)

Done deal.

Can't disclose source.

Alex
This is consistent with what travelingbetter.com was reporting last week. However, the source on that website said that the date comes from an internal memo that implies that the date is a placeholder only. See http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...t=4919&page=22

(I'm assuming it OK to provide a link to that site.)

Last edited by ExitRowAisle; May 2, 2011 at 10:34 am
Old May 2, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL

Done deal.

Can't disclose source.

Alex
So one half of the puzzle solved, how about the other part, miles limited to BIS and/or other sources?
Old May 2, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Depending on how this possible cut-off is implemented. Those counting on the July 2011 BD miles may be disappointed. They usually have a posting date of the 2nd through 4th of the following month rather than the last day in the month earned.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:29 am
uxb

Originally Posted by josephstern
It's actually usually one or two days after the close of the statement in which you qualify.
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
My personal experience (my wife as well count as 2) last year, showed up in the same statement as qualifying month. NOT 1 or two statement after.
That was what I was advised when I opened up my AAdvantage CC. It may very well be quicker.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Depending on how this possible cut-off is implemented. Those counting on the July 2011 BD miles may be disappointed. They usually have a posting date of the 2nd through 4th of the following month rather than the last day in the month earned.
Supposed to be the 2nd business day of the month, according to customer service, but it's occasionally taken longer for me. I've never gotten them before the 2nd business day, though.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by josephstern
Relieved

Now if only AA eshopping can get on with posting 10k worth of miles since February...
Old May 2, 2011, 11:05 am

Relieved

Now if only AA eshopping can get on with posting 10k worth of miles since February...
With AA Eshopping, that's maybe a 50/50 shot, haha. It always boggles my mind how slow it is, it's as if they have a single unpaid intern manually entering transactions or something.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:08 am

It seems like a very large part of the delay in all of these programs is intentional, in order to deal with the possibility of returned merchandise.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
So one half of the puzzle solved, how about the other part, miles limited to BIS and/or other sources?
I don't know if this is allowed in the forum, however any information from the "source" about what the changes are?
Old May 2, 2011, 11:13 am
uxb

Relieved

Originally Posted by godlovesugly
With AA Eshopping, that's maybe a 50/50 shot, haha. It always boggles my mind how slow it is, it's as if they have a single unpaid intern manually entering transactions or something.
I gave up on AAdvantage Eshopping. One of my transactions from November was denied even though I went through the portal, and the store was listed under recently visited. Famous Footwear - a store I never ever shop at otherwise. Anyway, they still owe me two transactions from Eddie Bauer (total 1542 miles) and that's it. Going forward, I use SkyMilesShopping, Shop OnePass, or MyPoints. The aggravation behind AA's portal was no longer worth the extra mile or two per $ spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.