Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Argh. I just set up bank direct for the wife to help her reach LT gold.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
... sure would be nice if they would announce the rules before they just start tinkering with the site. People might not know exactly how it affects them until the data is shown, but it'd save us from trying to infer things from random bits of cruft on different versions of the site. (& I think that once they start throwing random stuff on sites people check regularly, it's reasonable to expect that it will cause some speculation.)

Personally, I'd hoped to make it a bit further before changes hit, but I undersand why AA would see the need.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by vasantn
AAdvCS seems to know nothing about this, FWIW.
Surprise!!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
My Citi VISA 75k bonus posted last week, I'm just hoping the Citi AmEx 75k bonus posts before the cutoff date.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Anyone care to wager how long it will take for this thread to hit 10 pages? The smart money says by 3pm today.

As another datapoint, I can see the milion miler link referenced by the OP but I have no additional columns or numbers as others are reporting.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
My Apologies

My apologies, people ... I knew that once I started to pursue this that the rules would change!

It's me ... it's definitely me !!

On a less comical note, this sucks if it's true - clearly not for those that have already made the milestone.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:14 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pindento
My apologies, people ... I knew that once I started to pursue this that the rules would change!

It's me ... it's definitely me !!
This is good to know. We're going to need a scapegoat to direct our whining toward. Stones at the ready.

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not even close here (at around 400k, started last year), but there are still a lot of questions about what will count obviously. If they count bonus RDM and promos it is still well within reach for EXPs that qualify on eqm.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Well I was getting all excited yesterday about being 98K away from 1MM. We shall see...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:19 am

Apologies if I've missed something, but is this the first public acknowledgement that there is a million mile program?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Originally Posted by vasantn
AAdvCS seems to know nothing about this, FWIW.
When I called CS about LT Plat 2 months ago, they emphasized they have team meetings announcing any changes to the AAdvantage program. She said AAdvantage members get 60 days notice, CS reps get 90 days.

When I pointed out MM status was unofficial , CS rep was very confident the above timeframe would apply anyway.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DillMan
Anyone care to wager how long it will take for this thread to hit 10 pages? The smart money says by 3pm today.

As another datapoint, I can see the milion miler link referenced by the OP but I have no additional columns or numbers as others are reporting.
I think this thread might get me to "signature" status.

This is the most posting I have done since finding the Bank Direct referral thread...

Dan
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by AA_CPA
When I called CS about LT Plat 2 months ago, they emphasized they have team meetings announcing any changes to the AAdvantage program. She said AAdvantage members get 60 days notice, CS reps get 90 days.

When I pointed out MM status was unofficial , CS rep was very confident the above timeframe would apply anyway.
Possibly the IT people were working on it and accidently exposed it. So it may be coming, but not for a few months.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Based on past history, it's entirely possible that the IT geniuses have accidentally gone live with a piece of code that is still under development. It wouldn't be the first time.

[Edited to add:] siankaan1 beat me to it by a minute.

Last edited by vasantn; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Under "My Account", I now have two different "View My Miles" sections: one of these shows credit card miles and the other does not.
Can someone who sees this send a link to what they're seeing? 2mm here and no credit card miles this month, if that matters. (The only change I can find is in a million-miler comment on the mobile site.) Thanks.

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.