Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:09 pm

I think AA is following this mantra:

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone else's miles not reconcile on the "my account" page now that they've gone back to showing balances? I seem to be missing my *wood transfers, my purchased miles and a few miscellaneous miles here and there...they've also only deducted half of milage award I booked earlier today....

To be clear...my "Total Available Award Mileage" is correct but the info under "View My Miles" looks all wrong

Last edited by Stripy; Apr 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by siankaan1
Would it be more accurate to say that the code is ready but the data is not yet appearing? When I look at mine, I get the impression that sometime soon (possibly tonight?) it's going to be updated with data.

But it defintely looks klutzy.
Yeah, that's what I WAS suspecting until they removed the change... the way that ASP.NET code works is you have the HTML page with all of the static text in it, and then you have the "codebehind" which is executed on the server and populates data into sections of that static HTML page where a placeholder is left. Think of a Word Merge...

Just a matter of time until they re-release this code in full working order.

Originally Posted by _kurt
I think AA is following this mantra:

bahahaha, nice one. Using that at work tomorrow!

Originally Posted by faloppi
Wouldn't the last day in a statement cycle make the most sense for tracking purposes? Or does it not matter? I'm speaking in terms of a cutoff.
I don't imagine that it would matter ... a date is a date. It doesn't have to be the end of a statement. It really depends how their database is setup though. Logically the end of a statement makes sense though.

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Just logged back in to verify for you, and yes, it's gone. Original (and correct) numbers all back in place.

PS, FWIW, I did receive the entire package everyone looks forward to when crossing 2MM.... congratulatory e-mail within ~week, letter promising LT PLT, luggage tags, etc., within ~month of crossing 2MM. My dates are a little hazy, but I crossed in January, got the welcome packet in the mail sometime in February.
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
Does anyone else's miles not reconcile on the "my account" page now that they've gone back to showing balances? I seem to be missing my *wood transfers, my purchased miles and a few miscellaneous miles here and there...they've also only deducted half of milage award I booked earlier today....

To be clear...my "Total Available Award Mileage" is correct but the info under "View My Miles" looks all wrong
All of my numbers balance out... I would say that your numbers not balancing out is not a flag of anything. I am pretty sure I've seen issues in the past randomly like this years ago.

Last edited by magic111; Apr 28, 2011 at 8:31 am Reason: for readability
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark

Probably a sneaky way of reducing your MM balance. You get to keep your RDM, but those *wood points and purchased miles are history for MM status!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by ps9a
PS only has E+ (72 seats)... it's free for everyone booking a coach fare. There's no E- on these planes. Fares may well be higher on UA for this route, but you've not "been lead correctly." And since there are only 72 seats in Economy Plus, it's a very easy upgrade to C, IME. Whether you prefer AA's seats/IFE is a different issue.
I've got my own IFE, totally irrelevant to me. Clearly I misunderstood about the PS, although I distinctly remember some complaint about it - no free upgrades to C, only mileage-based or something?

Looking at it a bit more online, are those only 757s? If so, the widebody hard product on AA would be preferable to the narrowbody with a bit more legroom, but then again I'm short enough to not see a lot of benefit from a couple extra inches of legroom.

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I just left UA a year and a half ago. Trust me, it hasn't changed.
*lol* Noted. None of my coworkers who are UA people seem very fond of them, although they are of some of the other *A alternatives (then again, when I can get decent codeshares or fares in H, I am much funder of CX than of AA proper...)
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by brp
Clearly someone there wants to %$&* with us
Anyone on AA's IT staff who keeps up with FT is almost surely having a chuckle by now.

Originally Posted by _kurt
Whatever the cutover date is, I doubt they would trust their IT team with it too far in advance.
Certainly not after this fiasco!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by ps9a
PS only has E+ (72 seats)... it's free for everyone booking a coach fare. There's no E- on these planes. Fares may well be higher on UA for this route, but you've not "been lead correctly." And since there are only 72 seats in Economy Plus, it's a very easy upgrade to C, IME. Whether you prefer AA's seats/IFE is a different issue.
Those ps coach seats were unaffectionately dubbed "E+-" as, at 34" pitch, they are at the minimum for UA "E +" (I always found the 36" pitch ones appreciably more comfortable) and the sardine configuration doesn't help. Notwithstanding, they are certainly more comfortable than any of AA's non-exit row Y seats.
UGs on ps are not subject to UDU, and instead require a confirmed regional, a systemwide, or miles. Even as a 1K, I generally found ps a difficult upgrade (I've had better luck upgrading as an EXP on AA's transcons), but that was in years past, and the forthcoming reduction in regional upgrades may additionally ease the way for anyone willing to "pay" for the UG.
While I really loved row 9, I was less enamored of the rest of the business class cabin and found that service on ps declined markedly in the years following its introduction. I generally prefer AA's FAs, food and wine.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:47 am

Fyi, the text "** Million Miler Balance consists of miles earned prior to and miles earned since . " is still on the mobile website as of right now. I did not check this last night.

The normal site is still back to normal for now.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I wonder what you guys are doing to be looking at your AAdvantage accounts at all hours of the day.

And no, my web and mobile accounts look exactly the same as they did yesterday (even after clearing cache and cookies).
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by uxb
I wonder what you guys are doing to be looking at your AAdvantage accounts at all hours of the day.

And no, my web and mobile accounts look exactly the same as they did yesterday (even after clearing cache and cookies).
Riding the train!

Interesting that yours are the same...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
999,835 miles, and you didn't do a ORD-MKE MR (or something along that line) to cross over? At least you still have a sense of humor about the whole thing.

I've been following this thread mainly for the humor factor; the wailing and gnashing has been OTT even for FT. Since I crossed 2MM LT in January, and as of this morning at least, my account showed 2,020,787 PTD miles, I'll throw in with the 38 pages of speculation.

Right now, my account is showing blanks all across the board, with a message at the bottom that "This feature is currently unavailable", along with the nonsense sentence brp referenced just upthread, about "million miler since and after". Something's going on! Just my $0.02 worth of speculation to add.
I just started following this thread yesterday. I didnt think I would have to take an MR when my next flight or next dining award, or CC spend will clearly put me over. Currently, back to seeing Program to Date miles.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I just started following this thread yesterday. I didnt think I would have to take an MR when my next flight or next dining award, or CC spend will clearly put me over. Currently, back to seeing Program to Date miles.
When i spoke to an AAgent who gave me her full name to call with any problems, she said that the POST date (not the date that they show up on your account summary) is how they would officially determine when you crossed the 1M mark. If you have pending dining or AAeshopping, those things should have a post date from the date that they occurred and when they hit your AA summary should increase your miles expiration date and date of last activity to that date only, not the date they hit your summary. CC post dates aren't until after a statement so that will not work out most likely. Buttt... nothing to worry about if they keep taking their time with whatever change is going on.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Nobody asked me, but if AAnyone from AA is lurking here, I'd recommend the following if they plan to restrict (oops, I mean "enhance") the MM program.

1. Allow about 6 months' lead time before the changes take effect. That should give them a burst of mileage purchases, credit card charges, mileage runs, etc. for those of us who are close to 1MM or 2MM. It will also avoid alienating those of us in this category. As has been pointed out multiple times, AA gets revenue from us in many forms.

2. If any type of miles no longer qualifies towards MM status, do not apply this change to Lifetime miles already counted.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:17 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Riding the train!

Interesting that yours are the same...
By "exactly the same," I meant that there is no mention at all of Million Miler, etc.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by uxb
By "exactly the same," I meant that there is no mention at all of Million Miler, etc.
Correct. My mobile.aa.com is back to normal again now though. IT messing with code... again......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.