Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RUMOR] "Champagne" Coming to American Eagle

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dcameron
I am not sure if the OP was only referring to coach, but I flew from LGA to ATL this morning on Eagle in first and the couple sitting next to me were drinking champagne.

And between the two of them, I think they drank the whole bottle, which is not a small feat considering the length of the flight.
LGA to ATL???? Try and get 2 beers down when you are at the back of an RJ on a flight from HOU-DFW
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:54 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ttusqrl
LGA to ATL???? Try and get 2 beers down when you are at the back of an RJ on a flight from HOU-DFW
HOU-DFW? That's a looooong flight (247 miles) compared to SBA-LAX (89 miles) or ORD-MKE (67 miles). Normally FAs don't do beverage service either flight, for obvious reasons, but last year I did have FAs on both flights break into the liquor box for me so that I could quickly put down a rum and coke, though I only had about 90 seconds between being handed the beverage to the captain coming on to say "flight attendant please prepare for landing."
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JY1024
HOU-DFW? That's a looooong flight (247 miles) compared to SBA-LAX (89 miles) or ORD-MKE (67 miles). Normally FAs don't do beverage service either flight, for obvious reasons, but last year I did have FAs on both flights break into the liquor box for me so that I could quickly put down a rum and coke, though I only had about 90 seconds between being handed the beverage to the captain coming on to say "flight attendant please prepare for landing."
Haha that's my point! By the time he/she gets back to Row 16 or 17 and I get my first beer, they are coming around for trash and I politely ask for a second. The captain comes on shortly after for landing prep and I hit the last trash round
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
According to the FA on a recent trip from CMI to ORD, *all* AE flights have beverage service. It's just that often times on the really short ones they won't do them due to "weather". I think the FA may have even airquoted the weather part.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I think AE would do a lot better if it were spun off as a different company. Hopefully it stays in OW though, I have to do NRT-LAX-SAN once a year.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:49 pm

Also rumored (source: FA) to only be available to pax in F. Elites in Y will not be able to have "champagne".
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doghound
Also rumored (source: FA) to only be available to pax in F. Elites in Y will not be able to have "champagne".
As long as I can have my marguarita bottles, I'll pass on the "champagne".

Why o why doesn't mainline carry the Jose...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by JumboD
The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that AE is the champagne of airlines the way Miller Highlife is the champagne of beers...
hahahahaha ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.