Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo DEQSL: Double EQM/RDM for DFW-LAX/SFO 4/7-8/31/2011 (targeted TX/CA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT

Award:
Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles
Double Flight Miles

Bonus Code:
DEQSL

Dates:
Book your ticket and fly between April 7, 2011, and August 31, 2011

Offer:
Your miles will add up quickly with this great promotion! Not only that, but you can also qualify or re-qualify for
AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than ever with this offer.

Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines on our nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco from April 7, 2011 through August 31, 2011. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate. With 16 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles, and 10 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and San Francisco, we can take you where you need to be, when you need to be there.

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California or Texas.

------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Update 9/8/11: Member intlflyer reports that double EQM and double RDM bonuses have now posted for flights on 8/31, the last day of the promotion. [Post] If you are still missing promotional miles at this point, you should definitely contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

Update 8/16/11: Member nall reports that another sweep of double EQM bonuses has posted. [Post]

Update 6/3/11: According to an AA email received by aamileslave, bonuses for activity thru 5/29/11 has posted. [Post]

Update 8/10/11: According to an e-mail clarification from member mreed911, these miles do NOT COUNT toward MTEU. Post

Update 5/4/2011: INCORRECT INFORMATION; SEE IMMEDIATELY ABOVE. According to AA CSR, promo also doubles MTEU (Miles Toward Elite Upgrade)!

Link to current promo on AA.com: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...FO_A112910.xml

FT thread for previous similar promo (LASF2): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...giveaways.html

Terms and Conditions as of 4/7/2011:

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from April 7, 2011 through August 31, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after April 7, 2011 to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
If there is any other relevant info that should be added to this first post, just let me or any other moderator know. Thanks!

JY1024, AA forum co-moderator

Last edited by dstan; Sep 8, 2011 at 12:47 pm Reason: posts to date
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:00 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This is targetted. Good only for people who live in California and Texas.

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California or Texas.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Received this, coincidence that farecompare has nothing good for LAX/AA right now?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Hoc
This is targetted. Good only for people who live near LAX or SFO.
I received this email and I live in Ft Worth. However when I go to register is says "The offer associated with this promo code has expired."

Update: I tried it two more times and it finally registered me.

Last edited by B Man Inc; Apr 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: Grounded
Registration worked for me. Now to hunt down some MR opportunities…

Programs: AA Gold
I just received it and tried to register, but got an error message that I'd already registered. I DID register for the promotion that ended 2/28 (with a different code). Anyone else having problems registering?

EDIT: This is strange. When I clicked on the first red "register" button, I got that error message. When I clicked on the "register" button at the bottom of the screen, it work.
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Hoc
This is targetted. Good only for people who live in California and Texas.
Odd... I just put the code in and it let me register. Is the email targeted or the offer itself? Would I be permitted to register if I were ineligible?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
The button is still set to LASF2 (the old promo). That's why it wasn't working. DEQSL is the new one. Valid for TX and CA residents only.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
I just registered as well, (live in LA)

question,this is for origin and destination at LAX/DFW right? connecting in DFW won't count right? (ie., LAX-DFW-final destination)
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
It's the same terms and conditions as LASF2. Just make sure your connection is in DFW both times. The only difference is its for TX and CA residents only this time.

Please note.

To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after April 7, 2011 to be eligible.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
It's the same terms and conditions as LASF2. Just make sure your connection is in DFW both times. The only difference is its for TX and CA residents only this time.

Please note.

To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after April 7, 2011 to be eligible.

oh SWEET! So i can do like LAX-JFK (and stop in DFW) and still count! nice!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Grounded
What's a good going rate on EQMs this way? The best I can find on a random weekend I'm available is $231 for 5898 EQM (SFO-DFW, DFW-LAX-SFO). That's coming out to 3.9cpm. Seems a bit high...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
it's just like LASF2 .........i hope these miles post correctly.. i'm still waiting on bonus miles from the LASF2 promo
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrPink
What's a good going rate on EQMs this way? The best I can find on a random weekend I'm available is $231 for 5898 EQM (SFO-DFW, DFW-LAX-SFO). That's coming out to 3.9cpm. Seems a bit high...
That's about as good a rate as you'll ever see on that route. $99 base fare is the best rate I've ever seen.

Note - don't make the same mistake I did last go-around - promo is only eligible if you fly on the same, nonstop route in BOTH directions. DFW-LAX-SFO//SFO-DFW does not qualify, for example.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:27 pm

Examples of qualifying roundtrips:

SFO-DFW-SFO
SFO-DFW-LGA-DFW-SFO

DFW-LAX-DFW
LAX-DFW-MCO-DFW-LAX

Fares that don't qualify:

SFO-DFW-LGA-ORD-SFO
SFO-DFW-LAX

So obviously, for max EQM and RDM (The double RDM will be given to the DFW-SFO/SFO-DFW/DFW-LAX/LAX-DFW portion only)-fly the longest route you can, connecting through DFW twice. (BDL, LGA, DCA etc are great for max mileage, or Europe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.