Local AA Sales Offices

Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Local AA Sales Offices

I've seen multiple older posts refer to people contacting their local AA sales office for possible discounted travel for high volume business travelers/companies. Do these still exist? Where would somebody find the contact info for the chicago one?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
I don't know the answer, but I just had a flash from the past recalling as a kid all of the airline ticket counters in my local shopping mall with formally dressed employees. Wow how times have changed.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:47 pm

According to aa.com, there are three remaining travel centers: NYC, MIA, and FLL.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
DELETED.

I misinterpreted what the OP was requesting. I had thought the OP wanted a local ticket office.

Last edited by miamigrad; Feb 26, 2011 at 6:50 pm Reason: See post from MGW2000. I used "sales office" when I meant "ticket office"
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:25 pm

AA has a local corporate sales office in Chicago

BrettG,

I am a local Business Development Manager and can assist or connect you to the right person.

Betsy
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BetsyBruns
BrettG,

I am a local Business Development Manager and can assist or connect you to the right person.

Betsy
Betsy,

Thanks for your help! I have sent you a Private Message

Brett
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, CO Silver
I saw an AA kiosk last year in a mall in Quito, Ecuador, where they appeared to be selling tickets and doing other airline business. I think AA maintains the office because there are rules in Ecuador restricting credit card usage when the card is not physically present at the transaction. Not that any of this helps the OP, though.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:44 am
Suspended

There is one remaining in New York City, on Lex just south of Grand Central.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Does anyone remember Linda or Alberta from the old NY Hilton days at the AA kiosk?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
I think several on here are confused. AA sales offices are located across the country and around the world. In the US, they're usually regional, but some regions may have more than one. These sales offices are tasked with selling AA to government, corporations, etc.

Now as above posters have mentioned, there are few AA City Ticket Offices (CTOs) left, namely NYC, MIA and FLL in the US. CTOs, just like Airport Ticket Offices (ATOs), serve "the public", and don't deal with corporate contracts, bulk rate deals, ConciergeKey nominations,etc.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
for many years while i lived there, the town of carmel, california had an office in the crossroads shopping center. pam, in that office, was able and willing to "do her magic" to keep a very loyal following. i miss her and that kind of assistance.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by barelyelite
According to aa.com, there are three remaining travel centers: NYC, MIA, and FLL.
If you click the link on the same page, you'll be taken to the list of offices outside the U.S. There are three AA ticket offices alone in the San Jose (Costa Rica) metro area (east, near-west, and far west).

Last edited by SJOGuy; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.